[BOYL15 GAME] DEATHRACE 40,000 RULES UPDATE! CHAOS 'GIFTS'

Re: [BOYL15 GAME] DEATHRACE 40,000

Asslessman":25bx9uj7 said:
Just a way for me to commit myslef to finishing that damn grav-attack :

2014-01-08%2B21.28.07.jpg

Grav-attack.jpg

Missiles and napalm... a potent mix! The fire rules will probably need the most playtesting as they are either too powerful or not powerful enough... i think they have the potential to be useful as and I'm really keen to see some burning cars flying around the track, heheh.

Someone definitely needs to set fire to Chico's vehicle just to see if it smells like burning pubes.

In regards to your questions, anti-grav vehicles can't fly over other cars - they already have the advantage of ignoring most obstacles :grin: however when i finish the rules on ramping I'll be sure to include some rules for aerial assault ramming :grin:

Something like: going over a ramp allows you to roll 2D6 and add or subtract your skill level to see how many inches you travel. That should give average of 7" +/- SKILL to try and time the perfect fly-over or epic flying RAM ATTACK :grin:

This is what I'm bringing to the party. Hannibal Cockburn and his crew will firing up the V24 in the, as yet to be named, half tracked monster.

F068B0D3-0228-422A-83B2-402CC76B086C.jpg

I'm probably going to go for a bic cannon, extra armour and the booster thingy.

whiskey priest":3707xqst said:
This is what I'm bringing to the party. Hannibal Cockburn and his crew will firing up the V24 in the, as yet to be named, half tracked monster.

F068B0D3-0228-422A-83B2-402CC76B086C.jpg

I'm probably going to go for a bic cannon, extra armour and the booster thingy.

That looks the business alright. Squats have the highest skill level in the game but the lowest reflex... so what I'm saying is don't get out of the car! ;)

Harry":3707xqst said:
Got me one of these bad boys to race ....

ySK6OE.jpg

I nearly had to change my man-diaper when I saw that vehicle! I don't even know which way it's travelling but i love it and want like 10 of them :grin: which model is it??

Asslessman

I knew the squats would b eall teh rage after winning th eGoMo game last year :roll:

Harry that hover is looking sexeh, are you keeping the original pilots ?

Chico

Those look great, may have to start modding my Gobsmasha soon now. Turn it into a Evil Dorf Wagon O'Doom/fail hehe

Chico":3dyacyz2 said:
Those look great, may have to start modding my Gobsmasha soon now. Turn it into a Evil Dorf Wagon O'Doom/fail hehe

If you've already built one i demand to see it! Naow!!

Harry

Captain Crooks":54xqf3gv said:
I nearly had to change my man-diaper when I saw that vehicle! I don't even know which way it's travelling but i love it and want like 10 of them :grin: which model is it??
Here it is travelling in the other direction ... see completely different. :grin:

IAQ8IZ.jpg

It is an AT43 "King Buggy"

@ Assless ... my plan was to chnage the driver and replace with an Orcy driver and then scuff it up a bit. :grin:

Chico

Captain Crooks":3gelxec9 said:
Chico":3gelxec9 said:

This is it's current state, so done nothing yet hehe

Attachments

• 10372334_969068603107495_211365113129718035_n.jpg
    10372334_969068603107495_211365113129718035_n.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 2,303

Fimm McCool

Chico":2zfvqvzk said:
Captain Crooks":2zfvqvzk said:
Chico":2zfvqvzk said:

This is it's current state, so done nothing yet hehe

Not too late to stick some silicone on that then... it should come out a treat!

Chico

:O and that would be recasting and not to mention devaluing a item which there were only 30 ever made.. for shame heheheh

Chico":f9xxyfkp said:
:O and that would be recasting and not to mention devaluing a item which there were only 30 ever made.. for shame heheheh

Really?? Only 30? Chicory... how many kidneys did you sell? 5? 6?

Chico

Captain Crooks":3r2yv3q0 said:
Chico":3r2yv3q0 said:

Really?? Only 30? Chicory... how many kidneys did you sell? 5? 6?

I got it quite cheap on the OTC, he wanted a quick sale and it was Chico's payday. Steve Mussared of Monolith produced a small range of resin vehicles and titans in both 40K and Epic scales. With the exception of the Ork Gargant, most of these models were only every produced in small runs of 30 on a trial basis to test the market. These seem to have been made available at a few trade shows only and so were never available to the general wargaming community.

This may be of some interest to folks
0_0_productGfx_bbbc6728a3d6c363bbf4d75a99f21fbe.jpg

Just found this Warchimera
It's a nice little vehicle and looks spot on for an Arbites transport, but it only 20 euro's!

cheetor

Chico":32cw6omq said:
I got it quite cheap on the OTC, he wanted a quick sale and it was Chico's payday. Steve Mussared of Monolith produced a small range of resin vehicles and titans in both 40K and Epic scales. With the exception of the Ork Gargant, most of these models were only every produced in small runs of 30 on a trial basis to test the market. These seem to have been made available at a few trade shows only and so were never available to the general wargaming community.

Are you sure about that manufacturing total Chico? Do you have a source by any chance? That is very low if its accurate.

The first time that I saw one of those Gobsmashas was in 1991 or so in a game in the Croydon GW. I was really interested in it because I hadnt any idea that any had been manufactured. I dont know if they had them for sale or not - it was a long time ago - but thirty does sound very low if they were cropping up in shop games. Maybe it was one per shop or something.

:O and that would be recasting

Yes. Recasting a simple, single-part-moulded, fairly crude miniature with a limited run that nobody has bothered to make a kit of in the last quarter of a century due to lack of demand would technically be bad...

and not to mention devaluing a item which there were only 30 ever made

So its only worth something if other people dont have it?

Cartmanland_scene.gif

I do think that its a pity to convert it though. The Gobsmasha has long been one of the more appealing ork vehicle designs to me, absurd and amusingly simplistic and direct. I would rather see yours painted for inclusion with some orks than with squats. Its up to you of course though :)

Great work on the rules Captain! I had a brief look over them and they look like exactly the sort of approach that appeals to me, simple, modular and straightforward with the emphasis on thematic fun.

Im looking forward to news from the playtest!

Chico

Are you sure about that manufacturing total Chico? Do you have a source by any chance? That is very low if its accurate.

The info is on the CC Wiki so I can only go by the info given on there really, but it seems quite accurate to me really as it states ''and Steve Mussared of Monolith helped with additional information.''

http://www.collecting-citadel-miniature ... s#Monolith.

Bear in mind this is the Monolith version 1, Monolith also done 3 other versions plus Epiccast also made a mass production version. And of course the build it yourself from the White Dwarf :)

Yes. Recasting a simple, single-part-moulded, fairly crude miniature with a limited run that nobody has bothered to make a kit of in the last quarter of a century due to lack of demand would technically be bad...

At the end of the day I'm happy to have a few recast arms or weapons for long oop, but the idea of recasting full kits is a rather dodgy area that I don't want anything to do with.

So its only worth something if other people dont have it?

It's part of reason why some people hunt down LE or unreleased right? It's why I hunt down full collections and display them.. to show off :grin: ;) hehe

Asslessman

Oh c'mon, no brainer here, this is how it happens :

1) The Admech ferrari goes right ahead
2) It goes off in the first turn
3) Interceptor rams it and makes it explode
4) interceptor races a full lap to try to pass the Killdozer
5) Pass fails and interceptor crashes on the Killdozer
6) Killdozer makes a dozen of forward-backwards manoeuvers acroos the interceptor carcass with disturbing noises of raw meat, torn metal and juice
7) Killdozer takes 3 hours to complete the 3 one mile laps and wins the game.
8) The Squats have some beer

EDIT : Eldars at the back spend the whole game preparing themselves, combing their hair and adjusting make-up.

cheetor

Chico":1zhewboo said:
The info is on the CC Wiki

I would think that info is probably accurate in that case, pretty rare alright. Thanks for the link :)

the build it yourself from the White Dwarf

The investment in coffee required to make one of those has long made me suspect Maxwell House involvement behind the scenes ;)

It's part of reason why some people hunt down LE or unreleased right? It's why I hunt down full collections and display them.. to show off :grin: ;) hehe

Yeah, for many that is the point.
Not for me however - there are plenty of pissing competitions in real life without having to have them in my hobby time too, thanks. Rarity is only of a concern if I want to get something and find it difficult, not to lord it over people when I have it.

I hope that you get the Gobsmaha painted for the Deathrace Chico, like I mentioned earlier, it is one of favourite of the old Ork vehicle designs. All this discussion has made me consider the possibility of generating an ork (rather than squat) Gobsmasha for DR40K... maybe... Im off for some nasty instant coffee.

Back