[BOYL15 GAME] DEATHRACE 40,000 RULES UPDATE! CHAOS 'GIFTS'

Re: [BOYL15 GAME] DEATHRACE 40,000

Yes actually I think I have two, or maybe another vehicle that looks similar along with a reaver jet bike. I was thinking of cobbling them together as they are missing various bits. It's all third edition stuff and is somewhere on a container on a ship somewhere so I can't look at it at the mo unfortunately.

Coopdevil

Yep, the stacked cars thing is mine. It was knocked up around 15 years ago when I found out about this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Amer ... in_Mustang

So was a (bad) pun. I later did a version with the modern Ford Mustangs...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_LSIlUCixAQ0/S ... wocars.jpg

The original yellow/red one is now on the painting table having that shitty, ancient two-spraycan-PJ sorted out. Because Oldhammer Dark Future Facebook group.

Also, this took to the field (well sandy stretch of Angelis anyway) on Friday

tumblr_ni8eyzQ2sR1r1g40zo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_ni8eyzQ2sR1r1g40zo7_1280.jpg

Coop

Erny

Ooooh maybe.

At the moment I'm thinking of something with big rear wheels, super fast, painted red and armoured to billyo. No guns it just rams everything. Perhaps even a massive jet engine. Yes a massive jet engine, big rear wheels and a grot strapped to the top.

But then I'm fickle and armoured ork hot rods may well be out of favor in a week.

Erny":2o545maj said:
Ooooh maybe.

At the moment I'm thinking of something with big rear wheels, super fast, painted red and armoured to billyo. No guns it just rams everything. Perhaps even a massive jet engine. Yes a massive jet engine, big rear wheels and a grot strapped to the top.

But then I'm fickle and armoured ork hot rods may well be out of favor in a week.

I hadn't considered that anyone wouldn't want to have guns but now, thanks to your description Erny, I may have to come up with some alternatives just for you ;)

I've made a brief update to show you how the turn sequence is coming together. You can find the new material in the second post of this thread. Comments, questions and constructive criticism welcome :grin:

At the moment I am thinking some dark space elf vehicle combined from a reaper, raider etc with a belfry housing all kind of Warp monstrosities who launch themselves at fellow riders. I am not ashamed to admit that the first thing I thought of when I heard if Crooksie's idea was Wacky Races and this idea is directly inspired by the Gruesome Twosome!

Gruesome_Twosome_Wacky_Races_by_mattcandraw.jpg

I am not sure of my defensive capability and special yet. It doesn't seem terribly space dark elvish to have something defensive but for balance's sake I probably should. The nasty spikey gits would probably enjoy being shredded up :evil:

littleleadperson":3vwhfaoc said:
At the moment I am thinking some dark space elf vehicle combined from a reaper, raider etc with a belfry housing all kind of Warp monstrosities who launch themselves at fellow riders. I am not ashamed to admit that the first thing I thought of when I heard if Crooksie's idea was Wacky Races and this idea is directly inspired by the Gruesome Twosome!

Gruesome_Twosome_Wacky_Races_by_mattcandraw.jpg

I am not sure of my defensive capability and special yet. It doesn't seem terribly space dark elvish to have something defensive but for balance's sake I probably should. The nasty spikey gits would probably enjoy being shredded up :evil:

There will be a list of defensive mods to choose from, so dont stress too much ;) maybe wheel scythes or 'excessive spikiness' should get a look in ;)

I made an additional update in the playable races section too, post number 3. Each race had 15 points to allocate, with the 'cards' taking up two points each. Hopefully there is enough variety while still maintaining a balance of abilities across races... let me know what you think :grin:

cheetor

Sign me up for the for certain. I will bring Mushrööm Klöwd in their Töör Bus, but if I can squeeze a new vehicle into the project I will.

toorbus11.jpg

I'll be involved one way or another. I'm looking forward to it.

Harry

That bus is soooo cool.
I love all this Captain and would love to get in on this ... I am just struggling to come up with inspiration for a vehicle ... I am sure something will come to me before the summer.

Niibl

Not sure what I am going to build.
I have four projects in a very early stage atm:
- 1/24 BMW-Isetta turned into a rolling fridge - painted pink, with nose art and with a ratling crew based on the Riptide series (including a beaky tinboy)
- 1/24 Messerschmitt Kabinenroller with twin linked hvy stubbers instead of head lights. No clue who would drive such a thing, most likely Genestealer Hybrids
- 1/43 Jaguar D-Type either with Harlequin or Dark Eldar crew (one driver and one car-surfer with a chopping weapon)
- 1/43 Citroen Mille Pattes that - after littleleadperson's picture - will become a huge corpsecart - well, maybe a Khemri cart with mummies :lol:
Right now I don't see any way get them represented by the rules, so I at loss about how to proceed.

Niibl":1212823g said:
Not sure what I am going to build.
I have four projects in a very early stage atm:
- 1/24 BMW-Isetta turned into a rolling fridge - painted pink, with nose art and with a ratling crew based on the Riptide series (including a beaky tinboy)
- 1/24 Messerschmitt Kabinenroller with twin linked hvy stubbers instead of head lights. No clue who would drive such a thing, most likely Genestealer Hybrids
- 1/43 Jaguar D-Type either with Harlequin or Dark Eldar crew (one driver and one car-surfer with a chopping weapon)
- 1/43 Citroen Mille Pattes that - after littleleadperson's picture - will become a huge corpsecart - well, maybe a Khemri cart with mummies :lol:
Right now I don't see any way get them represented by the rules, so I at loss about how to proceed.

As Roger Corman is my witness, I will get you a vehicle construction guide by week's end. As far as I'm concerned every one of your ideas is perfectly workable within this game.

In short, every vehicle will be able to choose between three weapon types that fire directly forward: heavy machine guns, rocket launcher, or big 'cannon' type (shell, plasma etc).

Additional modifications like oil droppers, napalm droppers, caltrop droppers and (possibly) smoke screens will be available for defence.

Finally, there will be a slot for upgrades like extra armour, superchargers, extra guns, etc etc. This will hopefully give everyone room to build the vehicle of their violent automotive dreams while still maintaining a 'balance ' within the game. And if you need any help or advice just leave your question in this thread! :)

Harry":1212823g said:
That bus is soooo cool.
I love all this Captain and would love to get in on this ... I am just struggling to come up with inspiration for a vehicle ... I am sure something will come to me before the summer.

I recommend you watch:
Deathrace
Deathrace 2000
Wacky Races
Speed Racer

If that doesn't leave you exploding with inspiration then you should go watch some monster trucks and demolition derbys, then imagine how awesome it would be if they all had rocket launchers on them :grin:

Chico

Captain Crooks":ugkoypnj said:
I recommend you watch:
Deathrace
Deathrace 2000
Wacky Races
Speed Racer

And watch Death Racers, a 2008 rip off movie by Insane Clown Posse... feking funny as hell.

cheetor":306yd52u said:
Sign me up for the for certain. I will bring Mushrööm Klöwd in their Töör Bus, but if I can squeeze a new vehicle into the project I will.

toorbus11.jpg

I'll be involved one way or another. I'm looking forward to it.

This makes me happy in a way that makes me want to do a 180° turbo ramp jump shooting missiles into the air in a highly unstable hot pink limousine... welcome to DEATHRACE :grin:

cheetor

Captain Crooks":2w6qmeev said:
welcome to DEATHRACE :grin:

Thanks CC. DR40k has loads if potential.

The bus is quite suited to Deathrace - it has a bit of an Ant Hill mob feel to it I think.

latest

I am up to my neck in real life and other toy soldier commitments right now though, so I won't commit to getting another vehicle ready on advance. It could happen, but for now just assume that the Töör Bus is going to compete.

cheetor":2yuhr9rs said:
Captain Crooks":2yuhr9rs said:
welcome to DEATHRACE :grin:

Thanks CC. DR40k has loads if potential.

The bus is quite suited to Deathrace - it has a bit of an Ant Hill mob feel to it I think.

latest

I am up to my neck in real life and other toy soldier commitments right now though, so I won't commit to getting another vehicle ready on advance. It could happen, but for now just assume that the Töör Bus is going to compete.

As long as you're there to play with us you can turn up in a jalopy made entirely of 28mm scale coke cans. I'd still be stoked!

I've updated the post on building your vehicles. It's far from complete and subject to road testing (geddit?) but it's something for you keen builders to go on! :grin:

Hello chaps. I've updated the original thread with ACTUAL RULES for play, as well as tweaked some rules in the vehicle creation section. I'd very much appreciate it if people could have a read and gimme some feedback - this weekend is the first playtest so there will be a nice battle report from that, and pics etc too.

Also feel free to use the vehicle creation system to make some theory-craft cars. Try and break the system if you can and help me identify any potential issues. I want to see your supercharged flying bulldozers!

Chico

You missed 2 vital rules

1: Everything should be fully painted or a suffer ''Im a lazy'' handicap :)
2: Let Chico win

I feel both are quite vital heheh

Asslessman

Wow some massive work here ! :shock:

Can't really comment about the rules without having played them but can't say i've seen anything odd (maybe the orks and humans getting the same profile itches a little). Rules seem to be clear enough to be learnt rapidly enough it seems. i like that you've made things as simple as possible while still keeping room for tuning and personnal interpretation.

Only thing I can say is that makes me want to finsih that grav-attack to stat it and race it over you guys...

Questions/submissions :

- Can hover cars pass ABOVE over vehicles?
- Can vehicles pass above other if they've jumped from a ramp (depending on speed, total armour and distance to cross) with failure becoming a ram ?
- is everyone OK to play that on a flexible gaming mat so we can shake it nervously to reproduce tremor attacks like in Wipeout ?

Back