[BOYL15 GAME] DEATHRACE 40,000 RULES UPDATE! CHAOS 'GIFTS'

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2015, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Post Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:42 am

Re: [BOYL15 GAME] DEATHRACE 40,000 RULES UPDATE! CHAOS 'GIFT

Asslessman wrote:
Bluey Zarzov wrote:WaaaaaaaaaAAAIT A MINUTE!

You mean Redback WON THE RACE!??????

It did !

I had half a lap to complete (with noone else in front) to win it myself and got shot to bits by Colin's driver on foot... Suspense was tense to the last second.

Hahaha, How did you survive the lava?

Post Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:26 am

Bluey Zarzov wrote:Hahaha, How did you survive the lava?

The lava lets you run in it and inflicts an automatic hit on tracks/hoverjets, mine were good so far and since I had taken on the right side of the ramp to get an activation point I had only a little haul to the repair pits ;)
Made me waste a lap though...

Post Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:21 am

I have to thank everyone for posting the pics on their blog so I could get a real sense of the game (and what I missed).

If it is ok, may I have permission to reuse the photos to put together a race report?

I may also need some extra info, like what happened to the twin mustang - glue? Not sure what happened to the Bel air either after that epic takedown of the orc fliers.

Post Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:44 am

Sure, you can use mine if they are useful.

Post Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:29 am

The glue caused the Twin Mustang to miss a turn essentially Bluey. The Bel Air 'sploded on a ramp after that, in game terms I don't recall why (but Bane - the owner - did have to head away and take his wheels with him).

If you stick on a link/credit then feel free to use any of my photos if you want Bluey.

Post Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:50 am

Thanks guys,

I'll state credit too, certainly.

Post Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:00 am

I'll add some of my pictures here later - with some mustang in it.
ImageImage

Post Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:47 am

Bluey Zarzov wrote:I have to thank everyone for posting the pics on their blog so I could get a real sense of the game (and what I missed).

If it is ok, may I have permission to reuse the photos to put together a race report?

I may also need some extra info, like what happened to the twin mustang - glue? Not sure what happened to the Bel air either after that epic takedown of the orc fliers.

For the sake of Ork pride I feel I should correct you on this point, the Bel Air merely jumped over the downed Ork flier, it was Blorko in his bull it that did for the fly boyz after a protracted gun fire fight.

You are of course free to use my photos as you see fit, links are always appreciated though not necessary, I look forward to the report.

Post Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:03 pm

Hahaha - I'm trying to put the report together from everyone else's photos. :)

Might need a few more details!

Post Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:12 pm

Ok, I had more pictures than I thought.
So, I will try to recollect the race for Bluey (with pictures).

The set up - one late comer (who will prove to be quite annoying) is still missing

The race begins. I think "Mork 5" kills the Gretchin and Twin-Mustang bowls over the Eldar girl.
As the Mustang fails to pass the Mork he comes to a halt but uses the opportunity to pick up a chainsword.

Twin-Mustang picks up speed again with the plan to jump from one ramp to the next gaining two activations in one go.

Sadly the lay of the land was not well scouted and so the charge of the light brigade against the poor snotling
made the car run into THE GLUE resulting in a full stop, and a head meeting the dashboard.
The gunner then released the harpoon against the Bel Air and for the first (and only) time of the game it stuck
ending the move of the Bel Air on the ramp after reaching the 12" maximal distance (full stop, head against dash(bash?)board).

The Twin-Mustang continues in the wrong direction but suffers three points of wheel damage and one engine hit from Kills-on-Wheels
and that lone Squat with the missile launcher. The attempt to nail that guy to the pavement with the harpoon fails miserably as does the attempt to run him over.

Well, the race goes on
ImageImage
PreviousNext

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2015