Chainsaw Warrior with Space Hulk rules

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2015, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Post Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:39 pm

Chainsaw Warrior with Space Hulk rules

Edited 28 July 2015 to confirm schedule
-----------------------------------------------
Current plans are:
Friday 2pm - Skarsnik as CW (one CW place free)
Saturday 10am - Tatsujin as CW (one CW place free)
Saturday 5pm - Thinking about doing another slot if there is interest. No players yet.
Sunday 1pm - Just John as CW (one CW place free), Tatsujin as Darkness

As an added inducement I'll be giving away a model of Darkness (unpainted), to the first player to kill Darkness - or the one who got nearest at the end of the weekend. It's this demon from my range sold by Lancer http://lancerminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=123&products_id=1243

If you want to play then please post in this thread, and let me know promptly if your plans change and you can't make it. I will run a waiting list if necessary. You will need to know 1st edition Space Hulk rules (particular activation, command points and overwatch), otherwise you won't stand a chance.
-----------------------------------------------

Original post at start of thread:
I've started a new project which I'm planning to take to BOYL 2015. Basically it would be using Space Hulk turn sequence and movement rules with Chainsaw Warrior models. 1 -3 players would have 60 minutes of real time to take up to 3 squads of troops into some custom building layouts and battle through a horde of zombies, chaos agents, rats and mutants to kill Darkness (if they get that far). It would be a participation game so you could either pre-book or just turn up and play.

If you would be interested in playing then please let me know - it would encourage me to crack on with it and get it done if I knew there were definitely prospective players.

Got the Chainsaw Warriors ready to go, and more is already in the pipeline.
Last edited by Scalene on Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: Chainsaw Warrior with Space Hulk rules

That sounds like it'll be a lot of fun! Assuming I can make it this year (I'm 50/50) I'd definitely be interested in playing that! :)
"Mind the oranges Marlon!"

My painting blog - Chewing lead

Post Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:17 am

We have played the first playtest of the Chainsaw Warrior 2D.

It was fairly successful but the rules and the layout definitely needed some tweaking. I'm hoping to try out the next iteration in a week or two to see if the rules changes improve gameplay.

Full details are on the blog: http://www.warfactory.co.uk/wp/2015/01/18/chainsaw-warrior-game-wip/

Post Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:27 pm

I have made the first prototype board for my Chainsaw Warrior “2D” – Chainsaw Warrior with Space Hulk rules. The board will be made up of 30cm squares. I bought a big sheet of hardboard from B&Q – they offer a free timber cutting service and can have it sliced up for you very precisely with their massive saw. The floor plans that I made in Photoshop have been printed, and I have also done some doors. These were glued to mounting board and then cut up with a scalpel before gluing to their bases with PVA.

Here you can see a sample, populated by zombies (Wargames Factory) and a couple of Chaos Agents (one is a home made cultist and the other a converted Foundry monk).

Post Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:10 am

Looking good! :)

(obligatory extra characters..)
"Mind the oranges Marlon!"

My painting blog - Chewing lead

Post Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:13 pm

Yippee this looks sweet. Definitely hope to spectate this it looks like a good observer sport.

Can there be a big clock that ticks down ominously please? :)

Post Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:47 am

This gets a thumbs up from me. I haven't been to BOYL yet, but will definitely attend this year.

Post Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:11 pm

Second ever playtest of this today, and I've just posted a write up with lots of photos. Good game, a real nailbiter. Captured the increasingly desperate atmosphere well.

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:18 pm

Looks like such fun, alas I'm already way over booked for BOYL but I'll try to at least watch with a beer or 6 :)

Post Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:21 am

This looks great, put me down as a definite for a game at BOYL.
Next

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2015