[BOYL15 Event] Oldhammer Karaoke

Asslessman

I've had this idea for some time and tough it's ultimately bonkers, I just can't get it out of y head.

The Oldhammer culture is quite a large environment the way I see it and many threads, posts and topics can attest the cultural background of the earlier editions have had a tremendous impact on the games themselves.

My point is :

We love lead => ther's plenty of lead to buy from the foundry or from the exchanges taht can be made between people
We love modelling = Tables are full of superbly painted models, there's a painting competition with a very good level and Stoke Hall is basically a museum of legendary models.
We love Gaming => well, just look at the tables, opportunities are everywhere
We love art => we had Tony Yates drawing at BOYL14 and we even saw some old sketches

We love mucic => ???

Why not have some place (thinking about the place where there was only one table) where we can play some music from our phones/Ipods/whatever just to either game with some music or at least be able to sing on good ol' Maiden/motorhead/bolt thrower/Adam Ant/human league standards ?

This summer our sensei game cold have definitely benefitted from being able to play some Queen classics for instance and i'm pretty sure the Oldhammer Ahoy game could be made even better with the rhyume of teh ancient mariner or the Ride of the Valkyries (maybe would avoid Enya's "Sail Away" even though it's from 1988)

So what do you say?

Gorim

While I can sing something like Cranberries, I doubt I would be able to do anything proper metal like Judas Priests or Maiden :oops:

Fimm McCool

Surely the actual 'oke is best reserved for a convenient bar outside gaming hours? :) All for having a soundtrack to the games though.

Leromides

Hmm. I'm not sure about this one. On the one hand I won't deny that the highlander soundtrack was playing in my head during the quickening and actually having the strains of who wants to live forever playing when Blanche met her end would have brought a single manly tear to my eye. On the other though in such a confined area having different songs playing at each table or even just a single background track might have made the background noise levels tricky for those of us who spent too many youthful nights near the rock night speakers. I would agree that karaoke might be best confined to the after hours pub and perhaps next time there would be something to be said for having some organised evening activities since the weather did put a bit of a damper on some of the pub crawling plans.

Back