[BOYL15 Game] Do Rogue traders Dream of Electric Goats?

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2015, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Post Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:41 pm

Re: [BOYL15 Game] Do Rogue traders Dream of Electric Goats?

The Highlander game was 3 a-side wasn't it? Maybe opt for a boss/special and 2 sidekicks or 4 skivvies? Keeps it balanced but means the cops can have a patrol while the Mob can have a Don if they wish.

Rules-wise I've not played Confrontation, but I think we'd need something a bit more customised than Munda. That system only really starts getting fun as your gangs advances and crippling injuries build so you'd need characters to start effectively 'mid-campaign' for a one-off.

Post Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:58 pm

Sounds good, 3 models with a boss and 2 side kicks seems good to me.

The more I think of it th emore I believe RT is just what we need, conforntation would be fun but listing initiative and injuries for 21+ models... well, you know.... Necromunda, I'm not such a huge fan of. For the Sensei games we used necromunda but didn't care about pinning and injuries so it was basically raw 2nd ed... as th e2nd ed CC rules are not the ones I favour most I'd go for even simpler with :
- Straight RT
- 3 models per side
- same base profile for all champions (equipment as model shows)
- same base profile for all side kicks (equipment as model shows)

factions will each get some sort of bonus to differentiate the way you have to play them.

Just know that there will be 2 factions with more models on teh table (though you won't know which at first) so apart from cyberpunks and cops who will be revealed right away, keep in mind your gangs should be easilly taken for any other at the start of the game ;)

Post Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:25 pm

Much as I love Confrontation's fruity realism, I agree RT is the way to go. All sounding great so far.

Asslessman wrote:Sounds good, 3 models with a boss and 2 side kicks seems good to me.

The more I think of it th emore I believe RT is just what we need, conforntation would be fun but listing initiative and injuries for 21+ models... well, you know.... Necromunda, I'm not such a huge fan of. For the Sensei games we used necromunda but didn't care about pinning and injuries so it was basically raw 2nd ed... as th e2nd ed CC rules are not the ones I favour most I'd go for even simpler with :
- Straight RT
- 3 models per side
- same base profile for all champions (equipment as model shows)
- same base profile for all side kicks (equipment as model shows)

factions will each get some sort of bonus to differentiate the way you have to play them.

Just know that there will be 2 factions with more models on teh table (though you won't know which at first) so apart from cyberpunks and cops who will be revealed right away, keep in mind your gangs should be easilly taken for any other at the start of the game ;)

Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:34 am

Combat in RT is really a grind. I would probably use a slightly modded "to hit"table. RT favours the "if WS are equal then its 5s to hit" which really makes the combat drag. Plus have you actually read the template rules? Roll to deviate, roll to hit! Very complex.

What Im saying is, I am a huge fan of RT but it does need a bit of house ruling to make it work.

Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:18 am

I agree with you Curtis, it's why I was talking about RT zero and all. I'm in favour of using the later combat charts for skirmish to have something quicker and more nervous, can't see the need for draws ending in endless push-backs.
With just basic profiles, no vehicles or psy powers though that should be just enough.

Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:48 am

Right, I've selected models to work on.

My leader is going to be called Mercer. He's melancholy, revels in self-destruction and think everyone is out to get him.
He has a moody sidekick called Iran who helps him always point out the negative things around them. How broken the system is, now nothing works these days, how none of the plants/animals/people are real etc.
Fortunately they have a peppy grunt with them called Toad who is jocund and good-humoured about everything and just wants everyone to get along. He sniffs the artificial flowers, pats the electric-goats and acts a bit like Thrud with his Wiffle-flower should anyone trample upon his idyllic view of the innate goodness of humanity.

Shall I bring some of Judge Chico's cyber goats to wander around the table? ;)

Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:55 am

Fimm McCool wrote:Shall I bring some of Judge Chico's cyber goats to wander around the table? ;)

I had already decided to bring mine as an easter egg :lol:

Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:57 am

I'll bring some for when everyone goes "what's that awesome thing on the table there? I must sell my Grandma and buy one!" :lol:

Post Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:30 pm

..:;; ATTENTION ;;:..

Real life happened to me with its usual brutality last WE and I have to face the fact that my presence at BOYL this year is more than compromised... Knowing this, I cannot keep thi sgame as is without telling you.

If you people still wish to play this game with the near certainty I won't GM it (chances are not null, miracles happen) I would be more than happy to keep on preparing it with you so you can play at Newark. This can be done just like it was for the GoMo game last year. Pleas elet me know here or by PM and I'll take the decision to keep this or not based on your will.

I am sorry that my personnal life impacts you guys and though things were not unexpectable, they certainly took a different turn that' i'd wished, I can only offer my most sincere apologies and my will to prepare things you'll enjoy.
PreviousNext

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2015