[BOYL15 Game] Do Rogue traders Dream of Electric Goats?

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2015, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Post Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:48 pm

Re: [BOYL15 Game] Do Rogue traders Dream of Electric Goats?

mmmmkay, sometimes (maybe a little more often) I realise I'm not a native english speaker... :roll:

If setting is to be considered, then I suppose the right kind of mood would be a Bladerunner/Somewhere in time (see first post)/cyberpunk which I think suits for a RT game. I admit I'd rather have cops like those above or like the 2 inspectors Jon painted earlier rather than huge arbites but then the game has to reflect what you guys like so I'll honestly be happy with anything you come up with :D.

Post Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:52 pm

Asslessman wrote:mmmmkay, sometimes (maybe a little more often) I realise I'm not a native english speaker... :roll:

If setting is to be considered, then I suppose the right kind of mood would be a Bladerunner/Somewhere in time (see first post)/cyberpunk which I think suits for a RT game. I admit I'd rather have cops like those above or like the 2 inspectors Jon painted earlier rather than huge arbites but then the game has to reflect what you guys like so I'll honestly be happy with anything you come up with :D.

That sounds like proper futuristic-via-the-eighties cyberpunk setting to me then :) Time to consult the tome...

I have not-Dekard and a not-Rachel that more or less demand to be panted for this...

Post Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:00 pm

Not Deckard, oh I like the sound of that...
Not -Rachel is a real issue, she's so iconic she just needs to be on the tabletop but on the other hand, just put her there and everybody will know who she is (unless you shamelessly use her to play a Mafia member or Corp member).

So far I'm counting :

Fim McCool
Wiskey Priest
Cheetor
Littlelead person

Captain Crooks (?)
Ray Earle (?)
Antipixi (?)
Legio Custodes (?)
Scalene (?)
JellyRovers (?)
Curis (?)
Curtis (?)

This makes the first run a certainty and a second one a possibility unless you guys favour a longer game implying more players (10 seems a bit farfetched in all honesty :lol: )

Post Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:02 pm

They seem just right because in all honesty I couldn't tell if they're cops (à la FBI) or corps or even Mafia members...
Oh and for some references you might even want to throw a little Ghost in the Shell if you like that sort of thing. ;) (I do)

Post Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:07 pm

Asslessman wrote:Not -Rachel is a real issue, she's so iconic she just needs to be on the tabletop but on the other hand, just put her there and everybody will know who she is (unless you shamelessly use her to play a Mafia member or Corp member).

Well if I am painting Dekard then I will probably paint Rachel alongside. Even if I dont use the model she can work as a civilian or an objective or something maybe.

Post Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:10 pm

oh yes, you do have to paint her no matter what, fileding here mongst the NPCs might be just the thing, I'm just thinking about those corps and cops members wondering if she's the real deal or just some random hot and grim girl... (which will only depend on th eGM's mood that day).

Post Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:46 pm

Sign me up please JB! I want in :D

Post Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:54 pm

axiom wrote:Sign me up please JB! I want in :D

Cool, please send me a PM to state which gangs you'd like in order or preference then (some taken already) !

Post Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:32 pm

I'd like in on this too!

I'll have a look at the factions and PM you with a preference.

Chris

Post Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:58 pm

Alright, I've had 7 replies with each faction assigned (had to pick second choices for late choosers ;) ).
I'll soon PM you with further details about your gangs.

7 players is quite a number so I'd just like to check with you guys 2 things :

- Max number of models per player : 3 or 4 ? (or else?)
- Appropriate rules : Diet Confrontation, Rogue Trader Zero or Necromunda light ?

2 sides will have 2 players assigned which will be taken into account when dealing bonus. ;)
PreviousNext

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2015