[BOYL15 Game] Do Rogue traders Dream of Electric Goats?

"He say you brade-runna"

SOunds fun, I am happy to do some. I have killer cyborgs with serious mods:

band_img_gigles.jpg

Asslessman

OK guys, I've given this some thought.

Still not sure about using either straight RT (for simplicity) or confornttaion (light version) for a little more dynamism and realism (that will depend on the number of players involved). Think about 3-4 models per player for now

Base plot :

The Amagi corporation has been deisgning androids of growing realism over the years. The late models resemble humans in almost everything but their superhuman strength, resilience and intelligence. The increased sensibility and intelligence of those late models has lead some to nervous breakdowns and instability. Reports by the police authorities tend to show that these events may have been triggered or at least accelerated by human hands as some of the Droids bodies had the word "FREE" written in blood letters on some of their components. The "replicas" (as these androids are known) are the center of many interests now :

Players will have 5 factions to choose from with a sixth played by the GM. Each faction will have targets (2 other factions treated as direct ennemies which they have to target) and a secret mission and game bonus (which I will only reveal to players when they decide which side they're on).
2 factions will be identifiable from the start (Police and Cyberpunks) while others will remain undentified until caught by other players (identification test to be detemrined depending on the rule system chosen but think Intelligence Vs Cool sort of test). Factions that are identified at the start of the game will of course get a little bonus to compensate ;)

Replicas :

You have been summoned in a world that doesn't give you a place to live in. You will have to make yourself a place in it or perish.
targets : Corps and Mafia
Secret goal : [HIDDEN]
Secret bonus : [HIDDEN]

Police :

You have been missioned to put an end to the replica threat. Some other underground groups may use the opportunity to take advantage of this situation, you will have to deal with them too.

Police forces will be identifiable from the start of the game
targets : Replicas and Mafia

Corps:

The interests of your corporation are in danger, some other companies are waiting for a breach in your wall to steal some valuable intel and the rogue replicas cannot be let to escape into the wild.

targets : Replicas Cyberpunks

Mafia:

The late replica incidents are an opportunity for the family to put its hands (or are they tentacles) on some very important intel to strengthen its own position.
targets : Police and Cyberpunks

Cyberpunks :

The late replica incidents are the proof the authorities are hiding more than they pretend to. A place has got to be given to all in this world, be they synthetic or just lovers of alternative underground music. You might even get a good fight and have some beer in the process.

targets : Police and Corps

I think I might be up for this. I've even thought of couple of mini's that I might fancy using. Where/when are you thinking of setting the game so that I can determine if I'm along the right path. Should I declare which I'm looking to aim at or should keep tight lipped at the moment?

cheetor

I think that I signed up for this last year, but if I havent then I will now confirm, if you will have me.

Having recently rewatched (yep, rewatched) the axed-after-one-series, fairly dodgy but occasionally quite funny, "Almost Human" series last week, I dare say that I will paint up some cops/detectives for this. This might change over time - its a while off yet - but I will keep y'all informed.

Fimm McCool":2g2r4zv3 said:
Curtis, are these figures available on your site? They'd make lovely additions to my AdMech.

The cyborg Giggles clan is available HERE.

Asslessman

Cool , nice to see some positivity here :grin:

You can declare but unless you're a cop or a cyberpunk it may ruin a tad your gaming experience :grin:
I'll need some more clearly identifiable androids because I think the scene coudl take place in fornt of an Amagi Corp facility from which lesser androids get away (controlled by the GM).

I do not have a particular schedule in mind so we just need to put this in a window that suits us all (just like last year some of us will be playing games in common).

What I can do is register your faction choice if you can send it to me by PM (give them in the order of preference so that in case one faction is already taken I can give the second best choice etc...).

If we're looking at a 5 players + GM kind of game with 3-4 models per head (roughly 20-25 models) what kind of rules would you like to use ?

Sign me up JB. I'll need to sift through my mini collection but I think there's a few factions I could easily accomodate. I'll PM me you my choice after I've sifted through my collection as I want to paint up something fresh or new for this game.

I like the sound of this game immensely. I don't know Rogue Trader or Confrontation rules and so I dont have an opinion of them but I am a Necromunda fan. I've played 2nd ed 40K before though - how different is it from Rogue Trader?

If we use a rule set some players aren't familar with would it matter too much? Could we download rules before the game if it does - I'm not sure where Rogue trader or Confrontation rules are easily available from? As this is Oldhammer I guess rules ignorance may be a bit of a non-issue :)

Asslessman

Good, That's 4 players officially registered with 3 factions taken !

Regarding rules, Rogue trader played in its simple form is pretty much like your usual 40k but withe the Warhammer like Close combat rules (ie. not the rules usedin the battle manual and for 2d ed and Necromunda)
Confrontation is not really dificult and you can get on it rapidly. I see 2 options here, if we keep the limited number of players we can try conforntation in its simple form to get a more dynamic game or we can use simple RT to accomodate more players (by assigning turns randomly like we did last year).

cheetor

whiskey priest":3qsa4ag4 said:
Where/when are you thinking of setting the game so that I can determine if I'm along the right path.

Im guessing that Colin means what era and environment the game is set in, rather than what part of the weekend :)

Is the game set on a planet somewhere in the 40k universe? Is it set in the distant future of the year 2019, like Bladerunner? Is it set on the cover of a Maiden LP?

I already have a few figures that could suit as Mafia or Detectives now that I think about it, plus they are Foundry which is appropriate under the circumstances. Ignore the Inquisitor and the cowgirl:

ragnarockaa1.jpg

Im looking forward to it one way or another :)

EDIT: I found a better picture of the suits. Ignore ALF this time ;)

alf31.jpg

Asslessman

mmmmkay, sometimes (maybe a little more often) I realise I'm not a native english speaker... :roll:

If setting is to be considered, then I suppose the right kind of mood would be a Bladerunner/Somewhere in time (see first post)/cyberpunk which I think suits for a RT game. I admit I'd rather have cops like those above or like the 2 inspectors Jon painted earlier rather than huge arbites but then the game has to reflect what you guys like so I'll honestly be happy with anything you come up with :grin:.

cheetor

Asslessman":zdaajtwy said:
mmmmkay, sometimes (maybe a little more often) I realise I'm not a native english speaker... :roll:

If setting is to be considered, then I suppose the right kind of mood would be a Bladerunner/Somewhere in time (see first post)/cyberpunk which I think suits for a RT game. I admit I'd rather have cops like those above or like the 2 inspectors Jon painted earlier rather than huge arbites but then the game has to reflect what you guys like so I'll honestly be happy with anything you come up with :grin:.

That sounds like proper futuristic-via-the-eighties cyberpunk setting to me then :) Time to consult the tome...

2151736605_a572015863.jpg

I have not-Dekard and a not-Rachel that more or less demand to be panted for this...

Asslessman

Not Deckard, oh I like the sound of that...
Not -Rachel is a real issue, she's so iconic she just needs to be on the tabletop but on the other hand, just put her there and everybody will know who she is (unless you shamelessly use her to play a Mafia member or Corp member).

So far I'm counting :

Fim McCool
Wiskey Priest
Cheetor
Littlelead person

Captain Crooks (?)
Ray Earle (?)
Antipixi (?)
Legio Custodes (?)
Scalene (?)
JellyRovers (?)
Curis (?)
Curtis (?)

This makes the first run a certainty and a second one a possibility unless you guys favour a longer game implying more players (10 seems a bit farfetched in all honesty :lol: )

Asslessman

They seem just right because in all honesty I couldn't tell if they're cops (à la FBI) or corps or even Mafia members...
Oh and for some references you might even want to throw a little Ghost in the Shell if you like that sort of thing. ;) (I do)

cheetor

Asslessman":3822uwc8 said:
Not -Rachel is a real issue, she's so iconic she just needs to be on the tabletop but on the other hand, just put her there and everybody will know who she is (unless you shamelessly use her to play a Mafia member or Corp member).

Well if I am painting Dekard then I will probably paint Rachel alongside. Even if I dont use the model she can work as a civilian or an objective or something maybe.

Asslessman

oh yes, you do have to paint her no matter what, fileding here mongst the NPCs might be just the thing, I'm just thinking about those corps and cops members wondering if she's the real deal or just some random hot and grim girl... (which will only depend on th eGM's mood that day).

Asslessman

Alright, I've had 7 replies with each faction assigned (had to pick second choices for late choosers ;) ).
I'll soon PM you with further details about your gangs.

7 players is quite a number so I'd just like to check with you guys 2 things :

- Max number of models per player : 3 or 4 ? (or else?)
- Appropriate rules : Diet Confrontation, Rogue Trader Zero or Necromunda light ?

2 sides will have 2 players assigned which will be taken into account when dealing bonus. ;)

Back