[BOYL15 Game] Do Rogue traders Dream of Electric Goats?

Fimm McCool

The Highlander game was 3 a-side wasn't it? Maybe opt for a boss/special and 2 sidekicks or 4 skivvies? Keeps it balanced but means the cops can have a patrol while the Mob can have a Don if they wish.

Rules-wise I've not played Confrontation, but I think we'd need something a bit more customised than Munda. That system only really starts getting fun as your gangs advances and crippling injuries build so you'd need characters to start effectively 'mid-campaign' for a one-off.

Asslessman

Sounds good, 3 models with a boss and 2 side kicks seems good to me.

The more I think of it th emore I believe RT is just what we need, conforntation would be fun but listing initiative and injuries for 21+ models... well, you know.... Necromunda, I'm not such a huge fan of. For the Sensei games we used necromunda but didn't care about pinning and injuries so it was basically raw 2nd ed... as th e2nd ed CC rules are not the ones I favour most I'd go for even simpler with :
- Straight RT
- 3 models per side
- same base profile for all champions (equipment as model shows)
- same base profile for all side kicks (equipment as model shows)

factions will each get some sort of bonus to differentiate the way you have to play them.

Just know that there will be 2 factions with more models on teh table (though you won't know which at first) so apart from cyberpunks and cops who will be revealed right away, keep in mind your gangs should be easilly taken for any other at the start of the game ;)

antipixi

Much as I love Confrontation's fruity realism, I agree RT is the way to go. All sounding great so far.

Asslessman":13pa7xb5 said:
Sounds good, 3 models with a boss and 2 side kicks seems good to me.

The more I think of it th emore I believe RT is just what we need, conforntation would be fun but listing initiative and injuries for 21+ models... well, you know.... Necromunda, I'm not such a huge fan of. For the Sensei games we used necromunda but didn't care about pinning and injuries so it was basically raw 2nd ed... as th e2nd ed CC rules are not the ones I favour most I'd go for even simpler with :
- Straight RT
- 3 models per side
- same base profile for all champions (equipment as model shows)
- same base profile for all side kicks (equipment as model shows)

factions will each get some sort of bonus to differentiate the way you have to play them.

Just know that there will be 2 factions with more models on teh table (though you won't know which at first) so apart from cyberpunks and cops who will be revealed right away, keep in mind your gangs should be easilly taken for any other at the start of the game ;)

Combat in RT is really a grind. I would probably use a slightly modded "to hit"table. RT favours the "if WS are equal then its 5s to hit" which really makes the combat drag. Plus have you actually read the template rules? Roll to deviate, roll to hit! Very complex.

What Im saying is, I am a huge fan of RT but it does need a bit of house ruling to make it work.

Asslessman

I agree with you Curtis, it's why I was talking about RT zero and all. I'm in favour of using the later combat charts for skirmish to have something quicker and more nervous, can't see the need for draws ending in endless push-backs.
With just basic profiles, no vehicles or psy powers though that should be just enough.

Fimm McCool

Right, I've selected models to work on.

My leader is going to be called Mercer. He's melancholy, revels in self-destruction and think everyone is out to get him.
He has a moody sidekick called Iran who helps him always point out the negative things around them. How broken the system is, now nothing works these days, how none of the plants/animals/people are real etc.
Fortunately they have a peppy grunt with them called Toad who is jocund and good-humoured about everything and just wants everyone to get along. He sniffs the artificial flowers, pats the electric-goats and acts a bit like Thrud with his Wiffle-flower should anyone trample upon his idyllic view of the innate goodness of humanity.

Shall I bring some of Judge Chico's cyber goats to wander around the table? ;)

Fimm McCool

I'll bring some for when everyone goes "what's that awesome thing on the table there? I must sell my Grandma and buy one!" :lol:

Asslessman

..:;; ATTENTION ;;:..

Real life happened to me with its usual brutality last WE and I have to face the fact that my presence at BOYL this year is more than compromised... Knowing this, I cannot keep thi sgame as is without telling you.

If you people still wish to play this game with the near certainty I won't GM it (chances are not null, miracles happen) I would be more than happy to keep on preparing it with you so you can play at Newark. This can be done just like it was for the GoMo game last year. Pleas elet me know here or by PM and I'll take the decision to keep this or not based on your will.

I am sorry that my personnal life impacts you guys and though things were not unexpectable, they certainly took a different turn that' i'd wished, I can only offer my most sincere apologies and my will to prepare things you'll enjoy.

cheetor

That sounds grim JB. I hope things work out for you. It would be a great shame if you couldnt make it to BOYL this time around.

Scalene

I'd like to play in this - sounds like a great game, and I hope it can still go ahead. I can bring some sci-fi scenery (we used it last year for Chico's Judge Dredd game), so let me know if that would help, or if there is any other preparation I could do.

cheetor

Asslessman":377za7qv said:
If you people still wish to play this game with the near certainty I won't GM it (chances are not null, miracles happen) I would be more than happy to keep on preparing it with you so you can play at Newark.

Captain Crooks and I were talking and if you would like we can pick up the slack on this. Hopefully you will still make it in August, but this way we can proceed with the plan as it is a certainty.

How does that sound?

Scalene":377za7qv said:
I'd like to play in this - sounds like a great game, and I hope it can still go ahead. I can bring some sci-fi scenery (we used it last year for Chico's Judge Dredd game), so let me know if that would help, or if there is any other preparation I could do.

The Captain and I are travelling to the event by air, so bringing scenery is not an option for us. I dont think that I am being too presumptuous by saying that any appropriate scenery that you can provide will be gratefully received Scalene, thanks.

Asslessman

Cheetor, Captain,

I would be delighted to see you guys running it ! This would still mean me writing all the parts for you anyway.

Scalene, I remember your table last year and it was fabulously good !

What's the story with this game? I just got all the figures I planned to buy by accident in a bargain bag from northstar. If that isn't a sign that the game needs to be played I don't know what is!

whiskey priest":y2zi2t9p said:
What's the story with this game? I just got all the figures I planned to buy by accident in a bargain bag from northstar. If that isn't a sign that the game needs to be played I don't know what is!
I am going to be working closely with JB and cheetor to make this game a reality whether JB can attend in person or just in spirit. The Omens have all pointed to this being essential to BOYL ;)

Asslessman

Alright people, I've had 5hour sof train yesterday to work on this game and I have prepared quite a few things.

I have obejctives and special "rules for each faction (not exactly special rules per se but more like adaptations from faction tp faction so they don't play the same).
I've made sure all faction don't play the same so you'll be advised to follow your objectives closely (as yo won't know who's who and what other people are up to). I've tried to balance things a lottle though, making sure everyone had tricks up their sleeves.
I'll send each of you a Message with objectives and some guidelines so you get into your characters.

I've also started working on the board plan and will come up with a list of terrain and elements (NPCs or others) that could be good to have between us all.

cheetor

I was going to give you a prod about this tomorrow, so I am glad to see this.

Im looking forward to some details :)

Asslessman

Well I've made some changes to what I posted earlier (mainly about faction's targets) you will no longer know who is against you and not every faction will have the same number of preys and predators. Eac hwill have its particular benefits.
I've included simple rules for Voidt-Kampf test you can run in game and I've already prepared a few easter eggs here and there for those of you who pay attention and want to show their geek cred.

Back