[BOYL15 Game] Do Rogue traders Dream of Electric Goats?

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2015, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Post Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:38 pm

Re: [BOYL15 Game] Do Rogue traders Dream of Electric Goats?

That sounds grim JB. I hope things work out for you. It would be a great shame if you couldnt make it to BOYL this time around.

Post Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:26 pm

I'd like to play in this - sounds like a great game, and I hope it can still go ahead. I can bring some sci-fi scenery (we used it last year for Chico's Judge Dredd game), so let me know if that would help, or if there is any other preparation I could do.

Post Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:30 pm

Asslessman wrote:If you people still wish to play this game with the near certainty I won't GM it (chances are not null, miracles happen) I would be more than happy to keep on preparing it with you so you can play at Newark.

Captain Crooks and I were talking and if you would like we can pick up the slack on this. Hopefully you will still make it in August, but this way we can proceed with the plan as it is a certainty.

How does that sound?

Scalene wrote:I'd like to play in this - sounds like a great game, and I hope it can still go ahead. I can bring some sci-fi scenery (we used it last year for Chico's Judge Dredd game), so let me know if that would help, or if there is any other preparation I could do.

The Captain and I are travelling to the event by air, so bringing scenery is not an option for us. I dont think that I am being too presumptuous by saying that any appropriate scenery that you can provide will be gratefully received Scalene, thanks.

Post Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:33 pm

Cheetor, Captain,

I would be delighted to see you guys running it ! This would still mean me writing all the parts for you anyway.

Scalene, I remember your table last year and it was fabulously good !

Post Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:34 pm

What's the story with this game? I just got all the figures I planned to buy by accident in a bargain bag from northstar. If that isn't a sign that the game needs to be played I don't know what is!

Post Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:15 am

whiskey priest wrote:What's the story with this game? I just got all the figures I planned to buy by accident in a bargain bag from northstar. If that isn't a sign that the game needs to be played I don't know what is!

I am going to be working closely with JB and cheetor to make this game a reality whether JB can attend in person or just in spirit. The Omens have all pointed to this being essential to BOYL ;)
Image Image Image Image

Post Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:20 am

Good. I will paint up cyberpunks and bring an electric goat... :)

Post Thu May 07, 2015 2:40 pm

Alright people, I've had 5hour sof train yesterday to work on this game and I have prepared quite a few things.

I have obejctives and special "rules for each faction (not exactly special rules per se but more like adaptations from faction tp faction so they don't play the same).
I've made sure all faction don't play the same so you'll be advised to follow your objectives closely (as yo won't know who's who and what other people are up to). I've tried to balance things a lottle though, making sure everyone had tricks up their sleeves.
I'll send each of you a Message with objectives and some guidelines so you get into your characters.

I've also started working on the board plan and will come up with a list of terrain and elements (NPCs or others) that could be good to have between us all.

Post Thu May 07, 2015 2:49 pm

I was going to give you a prod about this tomorrow, so I am glad to see this.

Im looking forward to some details :)

Post Thu May 07, 2015 2:56 pm

Well I've made some changes to what I posted earlier (mainly about faction's targets) you will no longer know who is against you and not every faction will have the same number of preys and predators. Eac hwill have its particular benefits.
I've included simple rules for Voidt-Kampf test you can run in game and I've already prepared a few easter eggs here and there for those of you who pay attention and want to show their geek cred.
PreviousNext

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2015