[BOYL15 Game] Do Rogue traders Dream of Electric Goats?

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2015, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:42 pm

[BOYL15 Game] Do Rogue traders Dream of Electric Goats?

Alright, so after a brilliant reenactment of the HIghlander franchise, We could probably set a higher standard by getting some inspiration from the Bladerunner film, the book "do robots dream of electric sheeps and the Iron Maiden album "Somewhere in time" (I would like to add the syndicate videogame as well)

Since the game is to be played in a year we have plenty of time to see what we want to add in it.

Rules set could be :

- Basic Rogue trader
- confrontation
- Necromunda

The ingredients could be :
- replicants (androids)
- detectives
- rogue traders
- robots
- any cyberpunk reference

The game could probably benefit from having more than 2 sides (replicants/robots - police/imperial forces - corporate agents)

For now let's just see what we want to include in such a game and what we want to make of it in terms of length, size etc...

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:54 pm

Re: [BOYL15 Game] Do Rogue traders Dream of Electric Goats?

Damn damn damn.... another game I want to play! Ok ok, so there won't be any I don't want to. And the board for the Highlander game was soooooo cooool!

Well. Put me down, I'll make the difficult decisions when the timetabling goes live.

I think the small teams (an agent or rogue cuborg plus two henchmen?) seemed to be working well. Maybe players could be dealt secret agenda cards or have a hidden objective. If the replicants look human then who knows who you can trust? :)

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:19 pm

Pencil me in as well though lord knows how we'll squeeze all the games in! To be fair we did sit about for most of Saturday afternoon so we could easily have got another game in. I could do a group of droids, I've got 5 of the copplestone not terminators, or an ad-mech kill team out to destroy metal men!

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:29 pm

Hmmm Goats you say?.. tempted but no idea if i can fit in another game booked for 3 already heh

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:08 pm

whiskey priest wrote:Pencil me in as well though lord knows how we'll squeeze all the games in! To be fair we did sit about for most of Saturday afternoon so we could easily have got another game in. I could do a group of droids, I've got 5 of the copplestone not terminators, or an ad-mech kill team out to destroy metal men!

I did manage to put a skirmish game in that timeframe during Sturday afternoon and still got to sit, drink and chat it obviously depends on the size we mean for that game but I'd want something a bit longer than "the quickening" without making it a demanding game. I'll think about more solid ideas to submit with you guys.

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:35 pm

This sounds cool. I do like the idea of two sides: androids (replicants) vs detectives. If you add to this a GM controlling some civilians that detectives have to avoid killing, whilst stopping the replicants escaping, I reckons you're on to a winner!

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:35 pm

I'd like to join in with this too if possible. Skirmish being my thing.

I like the idea of groups of (potential) replicants vs detectives with a couple of officers as back-up. Each group of civilians could be given a card with a couple of random replicant cards mixed in, therefore the detectives would never know who they were hunting down. I'm sure the non-replicant civilians will be more than happy to help the officers with their enquiries too.. ;-)

Cheers,
Ray.
Cheers,
Ray.

'No, you have a longer problem'.

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:51 pm

Dibs on the hard-boiled detective driving a 'spinner' ! :D

Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:18 pm

I would also like to be a detective, I have some models that would be perfect for this; and I have been looking for an excuse to paint them for ages!
For retro sci-fi action visit my Oldhammer 40k Blog:

http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk

Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:20 pm

I have some nice Street Violence detectives (not painted yet), 5 copplestone 'terminator' droids and I am just working on a gang of Necromunda Redemptionists which are being converted from monks bought from the £1 cabinets at BOYL 2014. I imagine that the Redemptionist policy on androids would be very uncompromising (although admittedly they probably wouldn't burn so well as the conventional sort of heretic).
Next

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2015