Anarchy in the UH (Underhive fun using Space Hulk rules)

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2015, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:58 pm

Re: Thinking about (not) Space (not) Hulk...

Sounds like fun. I'd be interested.

Cheers,
Ray.
Cheers,
Ray.

'No, you have a longer problem'.

Grand Buffoon of the Highest Order

Post Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:20 pm

What size gangs are we talking about?

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:52 am

5-strong John. It might get unmanageable if they're larger.

Grand Buffoon of the Highest Order

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:23 am

axiom wrote:5-strong John. It might get unmanageable if they're larger.

Excellent, I should be able to make up a gang of some sort then.

Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:07 pm

I would certainly be interested in this one.

Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:16 pm

I was planning on doing a standard 1st edition Space Hulk game anyway, because I think it's an excellent rule system. If this falls through then I'll probably do that, if not I can contribute the board pieces from 2 x Space Hulk + 1 x Deathwing and Genestealer expansions . Let me know if this would help.

I was thinking about whether having more players than the classic 1 on 1 would make it unmanageable, but if the timed turns are used, then by definition the action could be pretty snappy. All the players on one side could take their turn simultaneously. The deliberate interleaving of activations could be specifically forbidden to prevent abuse of this. By the way, I hope we are talking 1st edition where CPs can be used for actions in the enemy turn and not the later simplification (abomination) of 2nd edition that didn't allow that.

Post Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:18 am

Thanks Scalene...board pieces might well be required. I drew up a rough plan yesterday and we'll need a fair few!

Turn sequence is something I've been thinking about & would prefer to avoid simultaneous turns, simply because of the interaction between factions. As for CP in an opponent's turn, I honestly think it is just too messy with up to 8 players plus the GM (scavvy/stealer player) :)

Post Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:30 am

axiom wrote:Thanks Scalene...board pieced might well be required. I drew up a rough plan yesterday and we'll need a fair few!

Turn sequence is something I've been thinking about & would prefer to avoid simultaneous turns, simply because of the interaction between factions. As for CP in an opponent's turn, I honestly think it is just too messy with up to 8 players plus the GM (scavvy/stealer player) :)

Initiative cards for the players worked really well for the Sensei and Gorkamorka games this year. It also added an element of tactical choice deciding whether to risk your opponent being drawn first.

As for CPs in opponents turn, there is no real need as overwatch covers most situations. Maybe allow players a set number of "unjam" tokens to use during the game.

Post Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:17 am

Already there on initiative cards Chris...can't believe I'd never used them before - its a must in any multiplayer game.

Post Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:11 pm

I have a ton of 1st ed Space Hulk tiles since I have the game box, Deathwing and Ultramarines. Is you need any more than the two of you can muster let me know.
PreviousNext

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2015