Anarchy in the UH (Underhive fun using Space Hulk rules)

antipixi

Saturday would be better for me.

+ if there's any chance of Tatsujin playing in the same game then that'd be great! (Assuming it doesn't clash with anything else he's signed up for.)

Sorry if I'm being a pain.

axiom

OK fellas, I've updated the list on the first page, repeated here for reference:

Game 1 - Saturday afternoon 5pm-8pm

Gangs
1) cheetor (Redemptionists)
2) Asslessman (Venators
3) antipixi (Ash Waste Nomads)
4) Greater Harlequin

Underhive Rioters
1) Niibl
2) Tatsujin

Game 2 - Sunday morning 10am-1pm

Gangs
1) Chico (Pit Slaves)
2) ramshackle curtis (cyber humans)
3) Skarsnik (Hive Gangers)
4) butchboy73

Underhive Rioters
1) Just John
2) axiom (place can be taken by another participant)

Points of note:
- I'll be GMing game 1 and helping Just John with the rioters in game 2. If someone else not listed wanted to participate in game 2, I will drop out to GM.
- I have tried to allocate you as gangs or rioters depending on strong / neutral preferences.
- Saturday's game is late...IF it is not running consecutively to other games and there is no clash, I see no reason not to bring this forward...check the timetable and let me have your views.

axiom

Some teaser pics for you:

Board%201_zpscchdet4k.jpg

Don't know what it is?

Board%202_zpsazlpkq58.jpg

That's right, 16 laser cut board tiles with a 30mm x 30mm grid. Needless to say, there needs to be quite a bit of terrain added (walls, hab units, fences etc), but the crane and crates gives you an idea how the board might look. Yes, those two little round dots are 28mm figures :)

cheetor

Jeezus, thats a whole lot more ambitious than I was expecting Axiom :shock: Not that I am complaining.

You will be an authority on weathering by the time thats finished. Exciting!

axiom

It's got to be ambitious cheetor...have you seen some of the other planned games?! Given this is a 6-way space hulk game, there needs to be plenty of space to avoid everything getting too congested. This also gives me the opportunity to use standard terrain, without going insane maing a whole load of new corridors and rooms :)

Asslessman

Wow, just wow...

The venators aren't particularly tall models to begin with but with a board like this... Really can't wait to see how it turns out...

axiom

The Venators will be perfect on the board JB!

I'm happy to report that I ran out of Halfords grey primer with about 2 boards still to be sprayed...that's right, one can completely used up to spray the rest! Rest assured cheetor, I'll be trying out as many weathering tricks and cheats as I can to make the board look good :)

But what about the baddies? Here's the faceless mob:

Mob_zpsk1hsvvmi.jpg

axiom

Some more pictures of the board coming together:

About 60% of the planned terrain shown
Board%203_zps6swdn64d.jpg

Board%204_zpsrv6yzrnu.jpg

And the production line
BOYL%20Terrain%202_zpskgdntp1n.jpg

BOYL%20Terrain%201_zpse5stxz70.jpg

There are 81 pieces of terrain needed, comprising 16 board tiles, 9 shacks, 6 hab units, 18 walls and fences, 2 shipping containers, 10 crates, 2 barricades, 3 barrels, 3 tanks, a crane, a lift and 10 tables and market stalls. Oh, plus the 40 or so rioters :)

So far I've finished 32 of the terrain pieces and the rioters are undercoated, ready for paint.

The terrain looks acceptable, I think!

BOYL%20Terrain%203_zpswsyrvudh.jpg

Asslessman

English is a second language for me so I'll assume acceptable means "bloody great" because that's what it looks like to me (or maybe that's just some typically british understatement ;) )

Chico

Are the boards the GW custom movement trays just not cut?, bloody expansive if that is the case heh

axiom

The boards are custom cut by Sarissa Precision. I thoroughly recommend them - they turned around in under 2 weeks from my initial enquiry, and it was very reasonable too.

axiom

More terrain for us to play on...this time fences :)

BOYL%2BTerrain%2B8.JPG

And it's starting to look pretty nice together:

BOYL%2BTerrain%2B4.JPG

axiom

And some more progress. The all important lift shaft (market stalls still WIP and awaiting paint):

BOYL%2BTerrain%2B9.JPG

More shacks:

BOYL%2BTerrain%2B11.JPG

Back