• Friday Night

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • Saturday Night

Votes: 21 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

weazil

Hi all

It is highly likely we will be able to drive a group discount from any hotel we choose to stay at if we have the numbers.

In order for me to predict a number I can use to negotiate with, I need to know how many payed for accommodation in Newark or nearby in order to attend BOYL 2014.

So, if you did end up staying overnight in a hotel or B&B or any other scenario where you ended up paying, please could you indicate this on the poll.

I've used a poll as this will add the numbers up for me and I don't actually need to know who stayed where, just _that_ you stayed. Of course, you are welcome to leave any comments in the thread.

NOTE - THIS IS NOT A QUESTION TO SEE WHETHER YOU ARE PLANNING TO STAY OVER IN 2015 - THIS IS PURELY TO DETERMINE THE NUMBERS THAT STAYED OVER FOR BOYL 2014!

Thanks!

Harry

I stayed both nights ... and If there was a full days gaming planned for the Friday this year would stay on the Thursday too.

Vyper

Stayed both nights too. Would do a three-nighter if given the opportunity too.

Wouldn't mind somewhere else other than the 'Best' Western though!

Erny

My brother and I shared a room for two nights. Hopefully any discount we can arrange will include shared rooms, I know a lot of guys did this.

I would consider three nights too. Who knows if I can pass that one with the misses 2016 could be four nights and a whole week before 2020.

antipixi

Mister Rab and I shared a room on Friday and Whiskey Priest joined us on the Saturday night. Would definitely do something similar and stay an extra night if the wife gives me a pass.

Chico

I stayed 2 nights at the best western and Fimm crashed in my room on the Friday. Not sure If I could afford a 3 night event, let alone I don't have enough brownie points saved with the Wife hehe

Orlygg

I stayed for one night. As did Stuart Skylak. I would happily do two nights but any more than that would be pushing it with the wife!

Maybe we should start a thread with handy hints on how to butter up/convince our better halfs to let us go out and play for 3 or 4 days?

VanLoon

I stayed Saturday night only, but would likely stay Friday and Saturday next year.

I rather liked the Deincourt - reasonably decent beer at a reasonable price in the bar too, which was a pleasant surprise :)

Erny

whiskey priest":1tf422w7 said:
Maybe we should start a thread with handy hints on how to butter up/convince our better halfs to let us go out and play for 3 or 4 days?

Let them do the same and soon so it doesn't look premeditated. Make it during the school week so the actual solo child care isn't too much. Proceed to ask your mates over for gaming whilst she is gone. Don't tell her about the last bit

Fimm McCool

Chico":3mld0n9a said:
I stayed 2 nights at the best western and Fimm crashed in my room on the Friday. Not sure If I could afford a 3 night event, let alone I don't have enough brownie points saved with the Wife hehe

I did indeed crash Chico's room on Friday, and Skarsnik put me up on Saturday. But in advance, I would definitely be up for two nights and probably three as long as the weekend fell within school holidays. :grin:

Leromides

I stayed Friday, Saturday and Sunday night this time anyway to avoiding driving too late. So I would have no objections to a 3 night stay again.

Just John

I stayed Friday and Saturday night and thought the hotel was fine. If the flight times don't change for next year any of us travelling from Ireland would be able to make it a three day event as we landed in East Midlands at 9am on the Friday.

Golgfag1

Happy to stay two to three nights, my only problem is the Great Western only accept payment by credit card, and I don't have one, so I can't stay there!

Paul / Golgfag1

Chico

Golgfag1":2pudv8pc said:
Happy to stay two to three nights, my only problem is the Great Western only accept payment by credit card, and I don't have one, so I can't stay there!

Paul / Golgfag1

Had the same problem with the best western, but I rang them and booked via a Debit Card which worked :grin:

What is everyones wife into? Maybe we could organise somethng for them to do? Book the chipendales? JOKING. Well, a widows of oldhammer 3 day event focusing on fruit based drinks and pampering? Did you check the awesome spa right near by, just as you come off the dual carriage way? My wife would be happy to spend time there Im sure...although maybe not my wallet!

Orlygg

I stayed one night at the Deincourt (is that how its spelled?) but would much prefer to stay two nights next year.

Back