A Journey to the East

Harry

I have a large number of Goblin Wolf boys (with a distinctly 'steppe' look about them) that could do with a run out....and some Chinnese pirates (I' mean Cathayan pirates) that might fit in really nicely if we were to stray away from the 'messing about in boats table for a while ....if I'm welcome? :grin:

lenihan

whiskey priest":utahtuqj said:
Obviously a ship of exploration has become wrecked and they have trekked inland in search of civilisation!

Ships... Ships.... SHIPS... AARRRRRRGHHH everybody's gone ship mad! Can people go for 5 minutes without referring to nautical nonsense? I swear, if the next post mentions boats or pirates or anything aquatic, I'll go....

Harry":utahtuqj said:
I have a large number of Goblin Wolf boys (with a distinctly 'steppe' look about them) that could do with a run out....and some Chinnese pirates (I' mean Cathayan pirates) that might fit in really nicely if we were to stray away from the 'messing about in boats table for a while ....if I'm welcome? :grin:

ARRRRRGHHHH*&**&+@!!!!!!!!!!""!@@%&*

(Of course you're welcome.)

Aiteal

Well, despite (or indeed because of) planning to make this years BOYL and not making it, I'll def be there next year.
I'm sitting on a very large c36/despoiling hob gob force (100 infantry) that is slowly being painted and my plasticard shenanigans in making hobgoblin war wagons with rocket launchers are slowly coming along too.
Put me and Gyokurinti down for a bit of pillaging.

Harry

Aiteal":3irxfh4w said:
Well, despite (or indeed because of) planning to make this years BOYL and not making it, I'll def be there next year.
I'm sitting on a very large c36/despoiling hob gob force (100 infantry) that is slowly being painted and my plasticard shenanigans in making hobgoblin war wagons with rocket launchers are slowly coming along too.
Have you got a link to a project log on that?

Aiteal

Harry":kl1rygab said:
Aiteal":kl1rygab said:
Have you got a link to a project log on that?

I've some pictures here Harry
http://forum.oldhammer.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1084
But I havent really been blogging at all tbh, need to update the thread with more models i've painted
The war wagon is all proto-types at the minute, when i've settled on a design i'll post up my efforts

JellyRovers

I've always pictured Cathay as being a very magic heavy area (after all, doesn't Tzeentch hold sway there?) and so would imagine the armies as being composed of lots of disposable "golems" being driven forward by a few powerful sorcerers.

Picture those temple dogs, wind kami, terracota warriors etc..

lenihan

JellyRovers":2kbtep1w said:
I've always pictured Cathay as being a very magic heavy area (after all, doesn't Tzeentch hold sway there?) and so would imagine the armies as being composed of lots of disposable "golems" being driven forward by a few powerful sorcerers.

Picture those temple dogs, wind kami, terracota warriors etc..

Love it! Absolutely brilliant sounding! So you're going to bring an army of this description, right..? Because somebody should!

Aiteal

JellyRovers":1wvp67qm said:
I've always pictured Cathay as being a very magic heavy area (after all, doesn't Tzeentch hold sway there?)

This calls for a katana wielding birdman (technically Nippon I know, but well)

Mini coming soon from footsore minis (Bill Musketeer's new enterprise, which appears to be branching out into fantasy)

I just finalised an incredible trade which ought to see a large army of Legend of the 5 Rings minis invading my hobby space in a few weeks - or, to translate correctly, I ought to be able to field a nice Nipponese force for this event provided it doesn't clash with the Bladerunner game or Deathrace 40,000...

Thantsants

I'm going to dig out my Hobgoblins and get started on them today - should be able to do a couple of 20-ish strong units of Hob Gobs with some skirmishing archers and assorted Ogres. I've already got a pack of Hobhounds and 20 Gobbo Wolfriders. Might even get a small band of Half Orcs done too but we'll see.

I'll have some wagons from my Trolltooth game too which I plan to use as a baggage train and perhaps even a War Altar...

Back