• Welcome to the Golden Gobbo painting competition. If you'd like to read some of the ancient history you can on the Realm of Chaos 80s blog.

This competition is held some years and you'll find threads here describing how to enter and when the competition is running (typically after BOYL each year).

Other than the fame and wonderment of your peers there is often a prize kindly donated and you'll have the wonder of being awarded badges for your profile here.

How's it coming along?

phreedh

So, how's it going gents? Are your entries finished?

I'm done painting mine, transferring photos as I type this - and I have a brief backstory written up. No stat line done yet though... it's a bit hard for me, not having actually ever played 3rd. =/

How about yous lots?

phreedh

Thehermit":1gzt0wy4 said:
whens the deadline?
It's more or less today... kind of. =) Honestly, I don't know. It all seems a bit loose so I think you'll be ok with a late entry.

I'm curious about how the entries will be presented. I don't remember reading any rules or guidelines on picture composition, resolution etc.

Blue in VT

Well recent medical issues have made this impossible for me...I thought I would have
More time to paint as I say around and recooped but it didn't work out that way...:( I looks fwd to seeing everyone's entries though.

Blue

Blue in VT

No no...nothing terrible...still recovering from having my tonsils out. Certainly. Not fun but will be good in the long run. I thought that since I would be sitting around in a narcotic induced state that I could at least get some painting done...in reality just watching tv and following the PMs from my sales thread proved to be way too taxing!! :). I got mostly caught up on the Tudors though...too bad I won't remember any of it!

Next time for sure!

Blue

Erny

Yep I'm looking forward to seeing the entries, I thought we'd see them yesterday.

I guess the delay could be that posting up all the entries to a blog is a little difficult.

It would make a lot of sense to have the individual competitors post up their entries in this section of the forum. I'd be happy to do it anyway.

Orlygg

Hi all,

thanks for all the entries! It was really exciting when I opened my inbox and saw it pack with retro painting goodness. A fantastic range of miniatures on show and some really amusing and characterful ideas for personalities and special rules. Steve, over at TheCitadelCollector, is working flat out to get all the entries up and online. As others have said, this competition is very, very easy going and I know there are a couple of people still to get the photos in. As soon as we have them all, Steve will put them up on his site.

We'll wait a week or so for people to have a good look and make a decision about their favourite entry then we will use my blog as a voting forum. After discussing a few ideas, we decided that would be the easiest way. We can use the comments section to cast our votes, that way its very, very transparent and honest.

Either Steve or I will let you know when the entries are available to view!

Orlygg

phreedh

Orlygg":1heljk5t said:
Hi all,

thanks for all the entries! It was really exciting when I opened my inbox and saw it pack with retro painting goodness. A fantastic range of miniatures on show and some really amusing and characterful ideas for personalities and special rules. Steve, over at TheCitadelCollector, is working flat out to get all the entries up and online. As others have said, this competition is very, very easy going and I know there are a couple of people still to get the photos in. As soon as we have them all, Steve will put them up on his site.

We'll wait a week or so for people to have a good look and make a decision about their favourite entry then we will use my blog as a voting forum. After discussing a few ideas, we decided that would be the easiest way. We can use the comments section to cast our votes, that way its very, very transparent and honest.

Either Steve or I will let you know when the entries are available to view!

Orlygg
Did I miss the deadline then? My entry isn't in... =/

treps

I did miss the deadline too, to much work, the kids, real life...

I'll try to do better next time !

Bruno

Erny

Its not like extra time is going to make that much difference, if you've got something now just post it would appear other people are still sending them in.

treps

My miniature is not ready, only base colours with some highlights, it needs all the details painted and some basing...

I'll post it in the showroom when I'll finish it but it won't be before the end of the week...

Bruno

phreedh

I'm done with mine, have a photo prepared and have finished typing up the fluff and special game rules. Don't have a proper stat block though. Is that required? I'll send in what I've got once I get home from work and I'll hope for the best.

Orlygg

DON'T WORRY IF YOU'RE NOT READY!

Steve and I will wait for you!

The only purpose of a deadline is to get people focused isn't it? Just email me your entries when your done and we can discuss voting another time. This competition will be more exciting for one and all if we have plenty of entries. Just for the record, who is definitely going send something over the next week or so so we know who we are waiting for? Phreedh, a stat line is required as are equipment and special rules. Hope that helps.

Orlygg

Back