• Welcome to the Golden Gobbo painting competition. If you'd like to read some of the ancient history you can on the Realm of Chaos 80s blog.

This competition is held some years and you'll find threads here describing how to enter and when the competition is running (typically after BOYL each year).

Other than the fame and wonderment of your peers there is often a prize kindly donated and you'll have the wonder of being awarded badges for your profile here.

How's it coming along?

Thehermit

When I originally saw the comp I thought I had plenty of time, my how time flies...
I have the idea in my head, a fig ready to go at the weekend so as soon as I finish will send it in. If it's to late hold it for next time :)
Cheers
Steve

weazil

All I have is an idea...not got anywhere near the actual figure yet! Will post when I get it done, but I doubt I'll get there this week or the next... :(

Regards
Gaj

treps

If I have until the end of the week than it will be fine, I'll send it tomorrow evening !

Bruno

phreedh

Aaaand my entry is in (since yesterday, mind).

Who else are in? Can't be just the few of us who've posted here. I want to commence with the smack talk.

Blue in VT

I got my figure knocked out last night...just need to base a write up the background info!

I think I can...I think I can.... :?

Cheers,

Blue

treps

Varnish is drying, I just have to wrote some background, take some pictures and there I am !!!

pfff it was harder than I thought ;)

Bruno

Blue in VT

Alright...I'm in! I appreciate the extra time. The painting is easy...the writing is the hard part for me,..though once it started I wrote way too much! So I will have additional info on my character posted on my blog after the contest.

Cheers,

Blue

treps

Is there someone we are still waiting for ? Or can we consider the submission window close by now ? (I would like to see what other did !)

Bruno

phreedh

treps":2y9hqx99 said:
Is there someone we are still waiting for ? Or can we consider the submission window close by now ? (I would like to see what other did !)
Yeah, in the imortal words of Monthy Python: Get on with it! :)

Erny

Yep really looking forward to these.

If there are technical problems it really wouldn't be a problem to post them here, they could still be hosted on Steve's site and attract more viewers to our forum and cause?

Blue in VT

As one of the late ones I will not demand anything from anybody...but I believe that Gaj is still holding out hope of getting a submission in.

Cheers,

Blue

treps

If there are still competitors in line we just have to wait for them as Orlygg did also wait for us !

I'm just impatient to discover what the others did propose as their entry !

Bruno

Thehermit

Hi Chaps,

been up all night finishing off a commision that needed to be down south for a game tomorrow night just managed to make the post with 96 Dwarves...
I will be painting my chap this evening when my eyes have recovered. I have my back story sorted. If i am to late no worries go ahead without me :cry:

Ps after what i just put myself through it aint gonna be a Dwarf.....

cheers
Steve

Orlygg

How about the 31st of August for the new closing date? I felt that if I kept sending the entries to Steve as I got them its fairly simple for him to add them in drips and drabs. From that date, the galleries can open... then we can all see what we have achieved. We could have another month for 'voting' which would allow any further late comers to get their work in too.

What does everyone think about that?

Back