• Welcome to the Golden Gobbo painting competition. If you'd like to read some of the ancient history you can on the Realm of Chaos 80s blog.

This competition is held some years and you'll find threads here describing how to enter and when the competition is running (typically after BOYL each year).

Other than the fame and wonderment of your peers there is often a prize kindly donated and you'll have the wonder of being awarded badges for your profile here.

GG 2013 The Second Golden Goblin Competition?

Erny

Oh man.

Way too many uber painters joining the cause, maybe we could have a second prize the, we can see where your going with this one but shame about the skills on display.

I certainly haven't a hope getting any where near the gobbo with competition like this.

Seriously, very please more people with real talent joining those already here. Can only be good for the profile of oldhammer.

Orlygg

The deadline is here... So I can start posting up entries as I receive them. If you don't see your entry, PM me, it might have been spammed (my inbox has been playing up recently). I'll start a new topic to do so. We can discuss voting later.

Oh, and Happy New Year!

Orlygg

I have had several entries sent through as combined Word documents. Please send through separate image files so I can upload them.

I'm going to post the entries on my blog to start with and port them over to their own thread.

Thantsants

Phew - thought I'd missed it!

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else has come up 8-)

Lovely looking Zoat there Orlygg - the choice of name made me chuckle!

Blue in VT

So whats the deal with the Gobo? can I help with the other images in some way? If you copy them to a clipboard from the Word document you should be able to paste them into a program like Photoshop and save them as separate files.

I would be happy to help if you want to forward some of them to my email.

Cheers,

Blue

Orlygg

Technical hitch solved, though there have only been four entries!

I have posted them up on Realms of Chaos 80s. If you have an entry and its not up PM me.

I'll do a spread of lovely photos for the forums tomorrow or sun as it will take an age to upload them all to photobucket while the wife watches Eastenders online.

phreedh

Or you could just have posted them on the forums to begin with, without involving your blog. Images can be attached and displayed in forum posts without external hosting.

phreedh

Thantsants":jspvl982 said:
So any developments with the competition?

When does voting start?
Tumbleweed_rolling.jpg

:)

Ti Pouchon

This might have been discussed before, but I'd like to make a suggestion:
Since the members of this forum get to decide the winner, wouldn't it be easier to have the Gobbo competition actually take place on this forum?
For the next round, how about just deciding on a theme (my suggestion: machineries of destruction) and setting a deadline, and then someone just opens a thread on the forum. Whoever wishes to participate in the competition just has to post a pic of his entry in the thread and accompany it with the background text/stats. Whoever has uploaded before the deadline is included, a poll thread is opened and - done!
The anonymity of the contestants cannot be maintained anyway. This way, I think it would be much easier, faster and require less organisation and work.

edit: looks like Phreedh already suggested something similar. Well, to me it just makes sense to forego an organizer who has to cellect all the entries if contestants can just upload their entries here and do so themselves.

Back