• Welcome to the Golden Gobbo painting competition. If you'd like to read some of the ancient history you can on the Realm of Chaos 80s blog.

This competition is held some years and you'll find threads here describing how to enter and when the competition is running (typically after BOYL each year).

Other than the fame and wonderment of your peers there is often a prize kindly donated and you'll have the wonder of being awarded badges for your profile here.

GG 2012 The First Golden Goblin Oldhammer Painting Competition Vote

GG Grand Champion 2012

• Vortimax Chork

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Hartwig Von Muckenhof

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Njora Bjattey

• Angus McHammer

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Graf Joachim von Unterkiefer

• Marshall Merrybuck

• Vess'kha Skinmelter

• The Golden Goblin

• I'ma phou kin slayer

• Hod Goblin Shamen

• Darnog

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Cesare di Trecenta

• Thandraug

• Helmut Wulverskin

• Mad Mellikor

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

Just John

Re: The First Golden Goblin Oldhammer Painting Competition V

Congratulations on the win! Are you still looking for snotlings? I have a bunch of doubles I'd be happy to exchange for ones I don't have.

Slán

John

Fimm McCool

About the only ones I haven't got are the 'High Spy' and Snotrom (room?). Oh, and the middle finger snotling, for some reason all my pump wagon snots went missing! If you want to swap for any of those then send me a PM.

Thantsants

Well done Fimm - definitely deserved!

Looking forward to seeing how you incorporate Treps' lovely Pirate Gobbo's into your Snotty horde!

Erny

Congratulations Fimm well deserved. Sorry I didn't vote, did this course you see then had a few weeks of low motivation for anything! But back again, sort of.

I think I owe you a trophy! Least ways when we first discussed this little competition I said I would contribute one. When I was first mulling over a similar competition to this I'd decided a trophy was needed, a gold painted mini of yesteryear that hopefully would look a little underwhelming and naff, its true value being the fact it got passed from winner to winner gaining in reputation and glory as the competitions went by. Well Orlygg started the golden goblin and it made sense that, as even the name was the same (well almost gobbo/goblin) that the trophy should be put up for this.

Now I was assuming an annual affair and so once a year the winner would pass the wee chap on to the next winner (or keep it for another year if they won again) but with the prospect of several competitions a year perhaps the idea is a little flat?

What do people think, I have the mini, a nice old hammer wielding goblin, even a little stand to put him on that could potentially grow bigger with time as more names are added. Or is it too much faff to expect the winner to pass it on? What do you reckon Fimm? A continuously passed on trophy would forever immortalize you as the first winner...

Fimm McCool

I do like the idea of a trophy of a tiny goblin with a base that grows bigger and bigger with the names of winners until it is many, many times his size! I can see though that if we have several competitions a year it could get a faff passing him back and forth. Maybe a digital trophy page? That would certainly save on engraver's fees!

Erny

Not a bad idea Fimm, a digital trophy, I could update the names as and when, the winner would have the sole right to display said trophy on their blog. Perhaps we could get one of our server owning comrades to put up a page, I guess Steve being the obvious if he is hosting the entries on his site?

Orlygg

A digital trophy is an excellent idea! Very indicative of the online 'Old World of Warhammer' we have created over the last few months. Secondly, an image will always help with advertising and branding, as hopefully our painting competition will help spread the word about Oldhammer and bring in more leadheads to our growing community!

BUT WHERE ARE THE PICTURES!?

Seriously, I cannot find the pictures to drool over! I DEMAND TO SEE PICTURES OF WELL PAINTED OLD MODELS!

Naagruz

ramshackle_curtis":788rwx4e said:
BUT WHERE ARE THE PICTURES!?

Seriously, I cannot find the pictures to drool over! I DEMAND TO SEE PICTURES OF WELL PAINTED OLD MODELS!
We like it cryptic here.
Make your way through an unrelated section of the boards to a link to a dead site. Then randomly navigate that site until you have arrived here... Some of the links/pics are hosed, but it's better than nothing!

I think we need a 2014 roundout on the Golden Goblin. Lots of talented folks here with a good eye for the old minis. :grin:

Nice figures but the hiding of the images is like Arthur Dent finding the planning application, hidden in a cellar with no lights in a locked filing cabinet in a toilet, with a sign on it saying "beware of the tigers".

Back