• Welcome to the Golden Gobbo painting competition. If you'd like to read some of the ancient history you can on the Realm of Chaos 80s blog.

This competition is held some years and you'll find threads here describing how to enter and when the competition is running (typically after BOYL each year).

Other than the fame and wonderment of your peers there is often a prize kindly donated and you'll have the wonder of being awarded badges for your profile here.

Golden Gobbo Revivals

Hi, just finnished now 'Usuthu Blue Tongue' - Slann Army Standard Bearer - (40K Slann model now WFB Slann) on a captured Dark Elf Cold One. Couldn't make a better photo, though tried.

Attachments

• IMG_3442.JPG
    IMG_3442.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 3,599
  • IMG_3444.JPG
    IMG_3444.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 3,599
  • IMG_3440.JPG
    IMG_3440.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 3,599
Bane":35iwlvxd said:
I painted something for this ages ago and then couldn’t work out how to embed my image here now that my photobucket account’s frozen.

I ditched Photobucket for Flickr a while back. Way, way better overall. Navigation is easier, immensely faster.

Gorim

First miniature painted in like 1,5 year time. Dunno how it happens but I often end up painting things that I don't think are that great. Maybe because I am always out of shape, and decide to "practice" and "get back in shape" on less exciting miniatures, but when I am in shape again, I stop painting :roll:

Still those 4-5 edition dark elves grew on me, and now I think they are quite cute, while for years I thought they were ugly. Still the "fur" on the underside of the cloak is probably the worst sculpted fur I ever saw on a miniature, I did a better job on my first try with greenstuff :shock:

So here is the current leader of my middlehammer dark elf army, and also the leader of the mordheim warband Urathion \m/
66c71d359b958.jpg

Golgfag1

OK, here's my entry - my little 'C' series Chaos Beast which I picked up a couple of weeks ago. A chaos champion who's fallen foul of his patron, he's been bestowed with a thorax, a third leg, the head of a preying mantis's and claw and the loss of an eye - obviously, he's paid a heavy price for taking the dark path - pretty much how I feel sometimes when I consider my lead pile! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• chaos beast1.JPG
    chaos beast1.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 3,554
  • chaos beast2.JPG
    chaos beast2.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 3,554
  • chaos beast3.JPG
    chaos beast3.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 3,554
  • chaos beast4.JPG