• Welcome to the Golden Gobbo painting competition. If you'd like to read some of the ancient history you can on the Realm of Chaos 80s blog.

This competition is held some years and you'll find threads here describing how to enter and when the competition is running (typically after BOYL each year).

Other than the fame and wonderment of your peers there is often a prize kindly donated and you'll have the wonder of being awarded badges for your profile here.

Golden Gobbo Revivals

Jeff McC

two more shots

Attachments

• Barakast Hell Rider 4.JPG
    Barakast Hell Rider 4.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 4,286
  • Barakast Hell Rider 5.JPG
    Barakast Hell Rider 5.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 4,286

Fimm McCool

Jeff McC":10gpk90v said:
I thought I'd give this a go

Nice one Jeff McC!

Mister Rab":10gpk90v said:
I'm in and have finished it, just need to do some photographs against a plain background.
EDIT: done!

Excellent... except I can't see the images, can you check the hosting?

Mister Rab

Fimm McCool":2ny0jt5t said:
Mister Rab":2ny0jt5t said:
I'm in and have finished it, just need to do some photographs against a plain background.
EDIT: done!

Excellent... except I can't see the images, can you check the hosting?

Bother! I see them, but that might be because I shared them from my google photos. Does this work?

Fimm McCool

Yep, got them. And glad they do work because that's my favourite troll right there! And an awesome paint job on him too!

inchmurrin

My entry Hutk-Nke Nurgle sorcerer. As usual with me I've used a broken model modified, in this case he'd lost the top of his staff so I attached a plastic hand with the idea that it was from a defeated foe and enhanced our hero's power, especially if it touched the target.

967565568_o.jpg

967565574_o.jpg

967565556_o.jpg

967565590_o.jpg

inchmurrin

Thanks for spotting the cliche after all what's oldhammer without a poor cliche - although a poor pun would be better.

Ketil Trout

Here is my entry, Beli from The Bloodbath at Orc's Drift scenario, I've put him on a converted HeroQuest base so he's ready for some dungeon crawling.

Attachments

• Beli rear.jpeg
    Beli rear.jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 3,442
  • Beli side.jpeg
    Beli side.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 3,442
  • Beli front.jpeg
    Beli front.jpeg
    48.9 KB · Views: 3,442
Ah! In just before the deadline. Digital camera turned out to be a no-go, because of the lack of some cord, so after dragging every light in the house into the bathroom I finally managed to get 50 or so decent shots and weed out the best...

Anyways, here is McDEATH! As soon as the GG revival was announced I knew I wanted to do this fellow up as (for myself) one of the penultimate Oldhammer characters, and had a picture in my mind of a ridiculously oversized-banner in the style I'd seen in the various volumes of Fantasy Miniatures. I fashioned him a cloak, a snotling standard bearer (Helfty McSquig), and scratch built the banner and base from my Bitz box. After numerous hiccups (I ended up having to strip McDeath and start from scratch, as well as remake the entire base), I finally ended up with something I at least am quite proud of:

37330425254_9c58499b57_z.jpg

26262768479_a1ff468e4e_z.jpg

38009493002_4011c78d9d_z.jpg

37330425064_a83934980f_z.jpg

Back