Ebay ridiculousness

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:12 am

Re: Ebay ridiculousness

Stormbringer wrote:£460 now.

I sent him a message asking if he actually intends to pay this much. No response. Why on earth would anyone do this? What a waste of everyone's time.

To be honest, I'd just cancel the bids. It's someone playing silly buggers.

Post Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:11 pm

dieselmonkey wrote:
Zhu Bajie wrote:and lets be honest RoC:LatD is neither as rare or as good as the price demanded.

The thing with LatD is that it's roughly about twice as rare as StD due to the lack of a second print run compared to StD, so it gets naturally inflated as collectors are pretty anal and want both books in a 2 part set.

It is, however a pointless, bloated ego-fest vanity project of a book, but it has some great artwork in it, so it's not entirely worthless. ;)

Ah, none of the art is as good as anything in StD. Yeah, I get the two part set thing, but the fact is there are epic craptons of StD and more than enough LatD to supply the meagre demand from collectors, the price is artificially maintained by a conception of scarcity that has no bearing on the actual availability of the book. Actually scarce Warhammer books would be the 1988 Chapter Approved and maybe Siege.
Keep Kalm and Pass Kool Tests.

Post Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:43 pm

Zhu Bajie wrote: I think the £50 on your WFB looks suspicious too.

Well, somebody paid £57 for WHB3E + Armies just now.

But, the same guy who won the auction for Roleplay at £510 also won WHB1E for £50. Unsurprisingly, he hasn't paid either yet (though it's only been a few minutes since the Roleplay auction closed).
I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.

Post Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:10 pm

Wow. The guy actually paid the £575 for WHFRP and WHB1E combined.

Colour me amazed.
I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.

Post Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:18 pm

Blimey!

gdggfgydfgcb

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:50 pm

Stormbringer wrote:Wow. The guy actually paid the £575 for WHFRP and WHB1E combined.

Colour me amazed.

I want whatever that bloke is smoking hehe :D

Post Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:43 pm

Ok. So now you tell us it was signed by Freddy Mercury, David Bowie and Michael Jackson :?
Keep Kalm and Pass Kool Tests.

Post Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:39 pm

Well, I did say on the listing that there was a name in the inside cover.

It's some guy called "T. LEWENS". Maybe I should have marketed that. ULTRA RARE EDITION SIGNED BY T. LEWENS HIMSELF!!! :lol:

Post Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:35 pm

Well there ya go. Good work buddy! Time to list my copies do you think? ;)
dieselmonkey wrote:It is, however a pointless, bloated ego-fest vanity project of a book, but it has some great artwork in it, so it's not entirely worthless. ;)

I loved reading LatD. Some fantastic ideas and the art is great (in my opinion). Sure StD is a more useful book for actual gaming, but I prefer the background to the actual gaming experience anyhow. :)

Post Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:04 pm

dieselmonkey wrote:
Stormbringer wrote:£460 now.

I sent him a message asking if he actually intends to pay this much. No response. Why on earth would anyone do this? What a waste of everyone's time.

To be honest, I'd just cancel the bids. It's someone playing silly buggers.

bet you're glad he didn't cancel the auction now. DM. £510 wow.... bet it's some banker who has just discovered that he has a guilty conscience about stealing from us plebs for so long.
PreviousNext

Return to eBay (&similar) & Classifieds