eBay Bargains, Deals, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:05 pm

Re: eBay Bargains, Deals, etc.

Saw this Chaos Steed and noticed the vigorous bid... then realised it's an unreleased steed without armour. Wasn't aware it existed out there.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chaos-Mount-horse-unreleased-Games-Workshop-Citadel-Miniatures-/252863442806?hash=item3adfd5ef76:g:zDoAAOSwhQhY74h8

Furthermore, trader has another 21 items with the "unreleased" tag in case that perks anybodys interest.
"We attack at dawn. The plan is victory." - unknown

Post Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:35 pm

Gallivantes wrote:Saw this Chaos Steed and noticed the vigorous bid... then realised it's an unreleased steed without armour. Wasn't aware it existed out there.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chaos-Mount-horse-unreleased-Games-Workshop-Citadel-Miniatures-/252863442806?hash=item3adfd5ef76:g:zDoAAOSwhQhY74h8

Furthermore, trader has another 21 items with the "unreleased" tag in case that perks anybodys interest.

Yeah, it's FSF again. There's been some speculation about who it could be as it's a front company, but certainly one of the GW old guard is cashing in their pension.

Grand Buffoon of the Highest Order

Post Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:08 pm

Cashing in or Casting in their pension ;)

Post Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:42 pm

Just John wrote:Cashing in or Casting in their pension ;)

Nah, they're not recasts, there's way too much pretty much unique stuff in there. It's either a senior designer/manager from Back In The Day (tm), or someone's got hold of the keys to the master castings store. :lol:

Post Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:50 am

dieselmonkey wrote:

Nah, they're not recasts, there's way too much pretty much unique stuff in there. It's either a senior designer/manager from Back In The Day (tm), or someone's got hold of the keys to the master castings store. :lol:

Agree. I've acquired a piece from FSF and have zero concern about its provenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:44 pm

dieselmonkey wrote:

Nah, they're not recasts, there's way too much pretty much unique stuff in there. It's either a senior designer/manager from Back In The Day (tm), or someone's got hold of the keys to the master castings store.

Or someone who acquired a large selection of unknown molds (at the time) and has their own miniature company.

Post Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:52 pm

I doubt GW would have let those moulds slip out unnoticed... my views on the identity of the seller have been mentioned before and the person in question has always been very overt when they've re-released models they legitimately own the IP for. I doubt they'd spin up anything they didn't have permission to do so.

Post Sun May 07, 2017 1:57 am

Fimm McCool wrote:I doubt GW would have let those moulds slip out unnoticed... my views on the identity of the seller have been mentioned before and the person in question has always been very overt when they've re-released models they legitimately own the IP for. I doubt they'd spin up anything they didn't have permission to do so.

The stories I've been told all agree that a large number of molds were taken without really checking what they were and the new management didn't want to argue with a cantankerous ex owner.

Now, obviously, I'm just throwing a conspiracy theory out there and have no evidence pointing in any direction

Post Sun May 07, 2017 10:43 am

ardyer wrote:
Fimm McCool wrote:I doubt GW would have let those moulds slip out unnoticed... my views on the identity of the seller have been mentioned before and the person in question has always been very overt when they've re-released models they legitimately own the IP for. I doubt they'd spin up anything they didn't have permission to do so.

The stories I've been told all agree that a large number of molds were taken without really checking what they were and the new management didn't want to argue with a cantankerous ex owner.

Now, obviously, I'm just throwing a conspiracy theory out there and have no evidence pointing in any direction

If we're all talking about who I assume we're talking about, I'm 99.9999% sure it's not him/them. For a start, the listings mention '30 years in the industry' which puts them contemporary with me in the late 80's. A certain Cantankerous ex owner wouldn't have put that.

Also the listings don't sound anywhere near theatrical enough.

Post Sun May 07, 2017 1:50 pm

dieselmonkey wrote:
ardyer wrote:

If we're all talking about who I assume we're talking about, I'm 99.9999% sure it's not him/them. For a start, the listings mention '30 years in the industry' which puts them contemporary with me in the late 80's. A certain Cantankerous ex owner wouldn't have put that.

Also the listings don't sound anywhere near theatrical enough.

I don't know that I think it's necessarily him, but someone with access to his molds and, probably, his permission.
PreviousNext

Return to eBay (&similar) & Classifieds