Whats so special with france??

Asslessman

Must be something with Ebay, Postage from France is actually not that expensive compared to other places. It says 6€ to ship to France which is sort of normal consideirng the size.

Nice lot btw. If you want I can check what the price should be.

Dooz

I really should not be looking at buying more epic. It's just the compulsive collector in me that makes me want it :?
but if it's not too much trouble, it would be nice of you to check postage :)

Asslessman

It's 15€ with signed receipt for a package of 300g , funny because I didn't pay much more to get stuff shipped to Australia or the USA, Last time I checked, Denmark was on the same continent as France... :?

treps

International shipping is becoming a real problem... The cost to ship to other countries is constantly rising up with no apparent reason making small trade/buys not very efficient when you do count shipping costs.

It's a real shame as international trading has never been that easy before and there's no real reason to see those prices explode like they do.

tancrede

Agree with Treps : I do not bid on many items from outside France, just due to shipping costs...
It's really becoming a big problem for me, as I don't want to pay so much more for a little trade (10£ of minis and 15£ fo shipping ? Is it a joke ??)

bug16

I keep being nabbed by UK customs when I bulk buy things outside of the EU. There's an £8 "handling fee" every time on top of their 20% guess on what the item is worth if it doesn't say. They even charged me £20 VAT because they thought an item was £100 when in fact it was 100 Australian dollars (it said clearly on the parcels label) which is nearer £50. Needless to say I'm still kicking for a refund on that one. :evil:

Kafka

There's a customs form you can fill out in order to claim back any excess charges from import fees located here :

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/372714/bor286.pdf

Send it along with any information you have - ebay links, print outs and the original customs sticker which was stuck to the package. They'll usually send you a cheque if there's been a mistake.

Edited to add - just remembered you're in Canada :( There will be something along the same lines for you on the Canadian customs website as this one applies to folks in the UK

bug16

Kafka":2ieefh6x said:
There's a customs form you can fill out in order to claim back any excess charges from import fees located here :

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/372714/bor286.pdf

Send it along with any information you have - ebay links, print outs and the original customs sticker which was stuck to the package. They'll usually send you a cheque if there's been a mistake.

Edited to add - just remembered you're in Canada :( There will be something along the same lines for you on the Canadian customs website as this one applies to folks in the UK

Cheers for the links, I'm actually in the UK. :) I've gone through the process with said forms a few weeks ago and I'm waiting for the results.

Back