More Heartbreaker re-releases from Ral Partha

zoggin-eck

Hey guys, probably old news to some, but I thought it might be worth pointing out some recent Hearbreaker stuff from Ral Partha. Annoyingly they seem to go under the radar, even Kev Adams models. Seriously, people spam sites like tabletopgamingnews with every new "zombie boardgame kickstarter concept art" for some plasic resin piece of rubbish that'll never get funded, but not this? ;) I love companies re-releasing old models and have been trying to support them by buying the odd figure as they re-release them.

http://www.ralparthaeurope.co.uk/shop/h ... res-c-115/

I guess most are a little more modern than this forum is usually interested in, but the extra Kev Adams goblins (and that one dwarf they squeezed in!) would hopefully interest someone here. I ordered some of the goblins recently, so I might add the standard bearer and shaman soon. I have an idea of using the two "Dragon Kin" elves as Slaanesh Warriors with an appropriate paint job.

Chico

This was posted on my blog that relates and may interest you too:

From Impact Minitures:

Hi Chico, I'll keep it brief as more details are in the link. We have gained the rights to bring back a lot of Kev Adams Goblins and Orcs in agreement with RPE. Hopefully by early next year we can help you fill in those holes more easily and hopefully affordably. https://www.facebook.com/impact.miniatu ... 758&type=3

Then another:

Thanks! We'll need to run a KickStarter to get the funds to get everything back into production ... but I don't see a problem with it funding. We are going to start with with a $5k goal to get the 43 figures that Chris at ZN Games did most of the prep work for already to get into production before he passed away from cancer. Based on our KickStarter past experience .. that "should" be an easy goal to hit with 43 miniatures available (even if they are not actually new". The starting 43 will be from this group: https://www.facebook.com/impact.miniatu ... 758&type=3 (which has a few Kev Adams figures in it). Included in the $5k is us setting up a pay-it-forward fund (like KickingItForward.org) where 10% of any profit from this KickStarter and going forward for the sales of the funded figures will be used to help other miniature KickStarters to succeed with the pledges being made in the Chris Bledsoe Memorial Fund name. Since KS allows the comments to stay open we plan to just keep posting to the comments as we add to the fund and fund other projects.

Once we hit that funding goal the current plan is that the first stretch goals will be to get the artillery Heartbreaker figures as well as the Kev Adams Goblins and Orcs back into the line as these are highly sought after by gamers. Then if we can fund all that ... we hope to move to getting as many of the figures from the first link production moulded and into production. My current goal is to run that KickStarter in September ... but we'll see how it works out. I'm currently discussing with FASA, Image Comics and Wizards of the Coast to see if we can work out a deal to put the Heartbreaker figures from those licenses that I have all the masters for now as well. Fortunately all the figures from Kev Adams, Phil Lewis, Tim Prow and Chaz Elliot have already been fully cleared for us to put back into production so even if those discussions fall flat ... we'll still have a lot of great old figures to work to get back into production.

Protist

I periodically check back for any new additions at RPE, so thanks for the heads up - some of those Chaz Elliot sculpts were (and are still) great.

Chico - that's good news huh! Heartbreaker were a solid mini line and I'm itching to be able to scroll through the catalogue and pick and choose with a chance of being able to actually buy them. Here's hoping :grin:

Back