Ebay C46 Villagers, C13 Evil Fighter, chaos marauders &...

yelwar

Hello to you all keen collectors

Amongst the great stuff I have up on E-bay this week are the following fine 80's  Citadel/ Warhammer figures. Please take a look at these and others I have up, it all ends on Sunday.

Please follow the links to these and other great auctions on my listings

Blood Bowl
ELF CATCHER (one of 2 for auction newly listed)
SKAVEN LINEMAN (one of 4 for auction newly listed)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 1301669340

Fantasy

C46 TRAVELLING:
PLAYERS GEORGE,THE DRAGON,THE BOSS, LUTE HERO

C13 Evil Fighter Foot & Mounted ON HORSE

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 1301669339

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111302535843? ... 1555.l2649

F2 FIGHTER VARIANT

LORDS OF BATTLE KURT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 1304270232

CHAOS Warrior:

MARAUDER WITH SEVERED HEAD
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 1303337632

FEMALE CHAMPION OF CHAOS

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111301669331? ... 1555.l2649

sword raised

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 1291694635

40K:

Eldar SCOUT VARIANT 1991 release (3 variants for sale)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 1291710595

40K Chaos RENEGADE

(one of SIX from this series newly listed)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 1303337628

All my figures are unpainted and in excellent condition. I do combine postage for items won the same day/weekend. Pop a question on E- bay if you want, I will do my best to give a prompt reply Happy to have a search around my collection too if your after a particular Rarity/Vintage figure form the 80's
Happy bidding to you if you choose to do so.

My thanks in advance

Mark

Porkaborg

Re: Ebay C46 Villagers, C13 Evil Fighter, chaos marauders &.

Nice prices , can i offer you some champagne and caviar while waiting for them to sell?

phreedh

Porkaborg":2n00olnr said:
Nice prices , can i offer you some champagne and caviar while waiting for them to sell?
:grin:

Yeah, a bit excessive... and I really think we should instate some sort of policy regarding ebay links, new users and all that. I would prefer the marketplace to be a section where we trade and sell between members. Not external links to public auctions.

Skarsnik

phreedh":2sytvb4g said:
Porkaborg":2sytvb4g said:
:grin:

Yeah, a bit excessive... and I really think we should instate some sort of policy regarding ebay links, new users and all that. I would prefer the marketplace to be a section where we trade and sell between members. Not external links to public auctions.

I'm with Phreedh. I'd hate for the marketplace to become a sea of ebay ads from people who contribute nothing to the community as a whole.

I have no problem with established members linking to occasional ebay auctions, but that isn't what we have here.

Flippa

I say burn him! I mean it's not like we don't scour ebay ourselves looking for our lead fix, I'm sure we can manage without sellers getting free adverts :razz:

Just John

Yeah - this is nothing against Yelwar but it seems to becoming more common for people to be signing up and linking to ebay sales. Expensive ones at that. There's plenty of that on all the other forums without having it here too.

Chico

Can I recommend users which have less then 50 posts can't post new threads in the marketplace like other forums do. They can still post on others threads if they wanting to buy.

Skarsnik

Chico":11huhpcq said:
Can I recommend users which have less then 50 posts can't post new threads in the marketplace like other forums do. They can still post on others threads if they wanting to buy.

Seems like a good solution

Just John

I don't think we'd have to go as high as 50 but its definitely the way to go.

Chico

Just John":2m11trus said:

Hmmm Carpe Noctem uses 100, TWF and Warseer use 50. Some like UnderEmpire Forum just ban selling (and has no trade section or didn't when i used it)

Blue in VT

Bugman's also has a fifty post limit for sales as well.

Of course then you get some joker who comes up and spams a bunch of posts just to get the 50 post minimum then tries to sell something.

Cheers,

Blue

Just John

Chico":2mkfcf44 said:
Just John":2mkfcf44 said:

Hmmm Carpe Noctem uses 100, TWF and Warseer use 50. Some like UnderEmpire Forum just ban selling (and has no trade section or didn't when i used it)

I didn't realise that Chico, if thats the norm so be it. The other option is to ban ebay links altogether, something I'm firmly in favour of. In some ways I feel the marketplace here should be for trading in house rather than for advertising ebay sales.

Aiteal

in fairness no-one would have a problem if the guy was selling stuff dirt cheap ;)
no need to go overboard and start limiting posting privs based on post count imho
a little more proactive approach to ebay links to keep them in the ebay thread would be better I think, perhaps sticky the existing ebay thread and rename it POST YOUR EBAY LINKS HERE!!!!!111eleven

ardyer

Aiteal":14yvy66p said:
in fairness no-one would have a problem if the guy was selling stuff dirt cheap ;)
no need to go overboard and start limiting posting privs based on post count imho
a little more proactive approach to ebay links to keep them in the ebay thread would be better I think, perhaps sticky the existing ebay thread and rename it POST YOUR EBAY LINKS HERE!!!!!111eleven

If we go that route though, I think you need two ebay threads. One for people to post good deals they find (the existing one) and one for people to pimp their own ebay sales.

EDIT: Also, I think that if we are going to limit ebay threads, maybe a system similar to LAF is better. No ebay threads unless you donate? I'd hate to not allow new members with good stuff to trade to be barred for trading us their stuff until they had 50 posts.

Jeff McC

I think the way to go might to be to break the marketplace into 2 forums - 1 for member to member sales, and 1 for ebay sales.

phreedh

How about a marketplace and a commercial board? The marketplace is have/want trades and sales. The commercial board would be company self-pimpage and eBay links. Also encourage users to not post threads for each individual item. Limit to one thread would be a bit much.

Asslessman

phreedh":24l08ucy said:
How about a marketplace and a commercial board? The marketplace is have/want trades and sales. The commercial board would be company self-pimpage and eBay links. Also encourage users to not post threads for each individual item. Limit to one thread would be a bit much.

Raises hand for this one. People who only come here to sell can but in their own place so that their numerous bumps only appear in this place. The marketplace should stay a place for active members to trade and sell for collection purposes.

I'd say keep it simple. Have a sticky Ebay listings thread in the Marketplace and each user can only have one active thread (bit like LAF). Mods keep an eye on things to avoid multiple postings. Might be worth deleting posts after a certain period of time as well (also like LAF).

tp_1983

Asslessman":3pcmpecv said:
phreedh":3pcmpecv said:

Raises hand for this one. People who only come here to sell can but in their own place so that their numerous bumps only appear in this place. The marketplace should stay a place for active members to trade and sell for collection purposes.

Thirded. As someone who wants to promote their own line of miniatures, I'd feel happier doing it somewhere specific. I don't want to piss people off clogging up the main forum.

Mister Rab

All reasonable suggestions. I don't feel strongly about how it is implemented, but some kind of participation before linking to ebay listings feels appropriate to me. It also feels like common courtesy to have only a single sales thread per member on the go at once, ditto for each project you might be running (eg one for your chaos warband, one for your RT pieces, one for your 3rd Ed army) so that the quality content per thread remains high.

tl;dr - I would be happy with some kind of gentle reorganisation to prevent the spread of sales topics, especially from not-proper-members, from dominating the forum.

Back