Fraudster warning on ebay

Tubehead

O4mHXGd.jpg

I just bought this trio of painted Michael Perry Nurgle renegades from a Greek seller called "studioskull".
I'd been looking for these three figs for quite a while. Buying them separately would have been about £100 if collecting them from seperate ebay sellers, who these days know full well the value of what they have. I figured £75 was not an unreasonable price for all three, so I paid the £75, and planned to strip the paint off them and replace the backpacks.
They arrived today and I was quite dismayed to discover that these are not the classic Citadel metal figs but cheap resin copies.
The item description reads only:

Mannikin Head - Tentacle Arm & Skull Head - Tube Head
Warhammer 40K Nurgle Chaos Space Marines Renegades set1
by HaKo
shipping via registered mail

...And that is all. There is no reason why a buyer should assume they are resin and every reason for a buyer to assume that what they were seeing was the original vintage metal product.
I think the pricing was also intended to reinforce the impression of genuineness to potential buyers. Wouldn't a trio of resin figs *sold* as resin figs be priced much lower?
They are just cheap enough to be a passably decent deal if they were real metal figs, and therefore an attractive bundle to collectors, without being so cheap as to arouse suspicion.
These are pirated vintage figures being consciously passed off on collectors via deception and therefore this is fraud, full stop.
I wanted my friends here at Oldhammer to beware of this fellow. He sells a lot of resin bases and things. He is obviously highly skilled at resin casting and I am sure it is hardly a tiny leap to go from casting bases to casting pirate figs for someone of such evidently mercenary inclination.
I notice he has yet to leave me feedback, no doubt holding it 'hostage' to ensure my positive feedback. Nevertheless, I have left him negative feedback citing the conscious fraud he is perpetrating. I fully expect for him to attempt to slag my 100% good feedback but frankly I'm not concerned. A fraudster entirely deserves his negative feedback and that's what he's going to get no matter what he attempts to do to me. Other potential buyers should be warned, shouldn't they?

Open a Paypal dispute immediately, these are counterfeit miniatures. He could well lose his seller account, eBay really don't like counterfeit stuff if they find out about it.

Tubehead

Thanks for the advice.
Though I will not claim money back as I believe I would have to return the items (which I have destroyed) I have indeed reported the fraud to ebay and they are presumably handling it.
Thanks for your support, my friends!
- J.

Back