eBay Bargains, Deals, etc.

ardyer

Jeg":xtblucr4 said:
I spy with my citadel eye, an unreleased Chaos Warrior in this ebay auction:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222431111727? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Will be interesting to see how high it goes. I'm sure I've seen this unreleases warrior in a blister pack for sale for £170 on ebay.
Probably higher now that you've pointed it out to the world

That said, I snagged a lot once with 3 unreleased warriors, a few regulars, and a bunch of 5th Ed plastics for cheap, and I think it was largely because no one else spotted them.

Jeg":1sx3vtfn said:
I was watching the following ebay listing with interest:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272615323783? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Does anybody know what figures in the listing made someone splash out £714?

Cheers

According to the listing there are another 180 same era models not photographed, so there could be *anything* in there. I can only assume the seller sent out some extra photos.

Even at £2-3 a pop, there's a good £700+ there for a reseller, not including rarities. If it's one of the BINtwats, they could easily double their money.

Eventually.

Gallivantes":inywbfhd said:
Saw this Chaos Steed and noticed the vigorous bid... then realised it's an unreleased steed without armour. Wasn't aware it existed out there.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chaos-Mou...442806?hash=item3adfd5ef76:g:zDoAAOSwhQhY74h8

Furthermore, trader has another 21 items with the "unreleased" tag in case that perks anybodys interest.

Yeah, it's FSF again. There's been some speculation about who it could be as it's a front company, but certainly one of the GW old guard is cashing in their pension.

Just John":ok85tyt9 said:
Cashing in or Casting in their pension ;)

Nah, they're not recasts, there's way too much pretty much unique stuff in there. It's either a senior designer/manager from Back In The Day (tm), or someone's got hold of the keys to the master castings store. :lol:

Orjetax

dieselmonkey":3agstubq said:
Just John":3agstubq said:

Nah, they're not recasts, there's way too much pretty much unique stuff in there. It's either a senior designer/manager from Back In The Day (tm), or someone's got hold of the keys to the master castings store. :lol:

Agree. I've acquired a piece from FSF and have zero concern about its provenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ardyer

dieselmonkey":2bgcjp75 said:
Just John":2bgcjp75 said:

Nah, they're not recasts, there's way too much pretty much unique stuff in there. It's either a senior designer/manager from Back In The Day (tm), or someone's got hold of the keys to the master castings store.
Or someone who acquired a large selection of unknown molds (at the time) and has their own miniature company.

Fimm McCool

I doubt GW would have let those moulds slip out unnoticed... my views on the identity of the seller have been mentioned before and the person in question has always been very overt when they've re-released models they legitimately own the IP for. I doubt they'd spin up anything they didn't have permission to do so.

ardyer

Fimm McCool":mjcfia2i said:
I doubt GW would have let those moulds slip out unnoticed... my views on the identity of the seller have been mentioned before and the person in question has always been very overt when they've re-released models they legitimately own the IP for. I doubt they'd spin up anything they didn't have permission to do so.
The stories I've been told all agree that a large number of molds were taken without really checking what they were and the new management didn't want to argue with a cantankerous ex owner.

Now, obviously, I'm just throwing a conspiracy theory out there and have no evidence pointing in any direction

ardyer":b48402tz said:
Fimm McCool":b48402tz said:
The stories I've been told all agree that a large number of molds were taken without really checking what they were and the new management didn't want to argue with a cantankerous ex owner.

Now, obviously, I'm just throwing a conspiracy theory out there and have no evidence pointing in any direction

If we're all talking about who I assume we're talking about, I'm 99.9999% sure it's not him/them. For a start, the listings mention '30 years in the industry' which puts them contemporary with me in the late 80's. A certain Cantankerous ex owner wouldn't have put that.

Also the listings don't sound anywhere near theatrical enough.

ardyer

dieselmonkey":2d8tio1p said:
ardyer":2d8tio1p said:
Fimm McCool":2d8tio1p said:

If we're all talking about who I assume we're talking about, I'm 99.9999% sure it's not him/them. For a start, the listings mention '30 years in the industry' which puts them contemporary with me in the late 80's. A certain Cantankerous ex owner wouldn't have put that.

Also the listings don't sound anywhere near theatrical enough.
I don't know that I think it's necessarily him, but someone with access to his molds and, probably, his permission.

Back