BOYL 2014 Coverage for Absentees

Leadpest

So, I am sure there are many of the Oldhammer community who would love to attend BOYL 2014 but cannot (I now being one of this unfortunate number!). Whether that is simply due to the divide of the great pond or a clashing of other important dates it would be (oh so fab) to be kept in the loop so far as the Oldhammer weekend is concerned.

I for one would be enthralled, nay enchanted (!), if attendees could post a few pics of proceedings. Maybe a few iPhone snaps or whatever would certainly provide those unable to attend this year with a flavour of events as they unfold/ed. The 'Engines of Avalone siege game' game being one event I was particularly looking forward to taking part in. I would love to see a few wide angle shots of this, especially seeing as the thread for this game is pretty epic in itself. I expect that around twenty thousand points could well be in attendance!!

Yours,

Leadpest

Asslessman

I get the feeling !
While the tables I'm participating in will be fully covered, I think it would be good to have one recap thread for each game to put the bat reps and Photos rather than having everyone drop all their photos in their own thread. Just saying...

Leadpest

Yes a sound plan you have there. Please do take some pics as it would be much appreciated. I'm sure the purveyors of the fine blogs on this forum will do their own round-up as well.

What would be amazing would be an official, roving event reporter who would be willing to write a piece of coverage for the event with images! But I suppose I am dreaming as that's a large commitment especially as it would limit the fellow's gaming somewhat :(

Harry

I think if we started a thread 'Teasers from the day' OR 'Pictures from BOYL 2014' that we could all drop photos onto in a spare 5 mins that would work then folks can start individual battle report type threads for individual games after the event.

Asslessman

Harry":2ck6kstc said:
I think if we started a thread 'Teasers from the day' OR 'Pictures from BOYL 2014' that we could all drop photos onto in a spare 5 mins that would work then folks can start individual battle report type threads for individual games after the event.

Sounds like the perfect plan to me !

Leadpest

Yes that's a well reasoned plan of action there Harry. And if anyone wants to do something more involved they can do. I just wish I could make it!! Next year :)

I personally won't be satisfied with anything less than live, multi-angle full HD footage, including one dedicated cameraman who just follows chico around at butt level, documenting his every last motion in uncomfortably close detail.

Chico

Butt level eh? With the amount of beer and food I'll be consuming that won't be a boring angle at least hehe

Back