BOYL 2014 - 40K 2nd edition Squats vs ???

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2014, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Post Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:27 pm

Re: BOYL 2014 - 40K 2nd edition Squats vs ???

That's a great report. It's weird to think how much 40K I have actually forgotten at this stage. I had completely blocked the horror of some of that stuff (shruriken catapult sustained fire jams for example).

Although second ed doesnt hold much nostalgia for me (RT and 3rd ed are my favourite editions) your game was one of my visual highlights of the weekend. Beautiful old models and armies and you guys looked like you were having good fun. Great stuff.

Post Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:43 pm

I didn't come over and watch your games at all - soz! There were so many exciting things to see and people to meet – easily enough to fill the entire weekend. I regret not pestering all those bloggers I recognised.

I had lots of problems in 2E with my Kult of Speed army. First enemy shooting phase and my Sunz bikes went everywhere, and the Skorcha fired with a different-sized flame template every turn as it lost pressure. Very characterful for skirmishes, not great for massed science fiction battles.

Post Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:58 pm

I managed to entirely miss the Dredd game - something that I would plan an entire weekend around under normal circumstances. That adequately illustrates how many cool things were going on I think :)

Post Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:04 am

Cracking write up Chris. Still think my Wraithlord should have stomped your oap !

Now wheres my PDF? ;-)

Graham

ps less than flattering shot of the Apperley belly there. :-(
Previous

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2014