Anyone for a quiet Sunday morning game?

Grumdril

All being well I've a table booked for Sunday morning in the hopes of a shortish game of WFB. Somewhat more hopefully I'll have 12-1400 points of orcs and chaos painted by then, so is anyone up for a small game on Sunday morning to ease us through our hangovers? Even better, what's the chances of rustling up a GM as well?

It seems to me Saturday is pretty full of event games but Sunday is somewhat quieter. Hopefully there will still be some gaming going on! It occurs to me that if several people are arranging smaller games for Sunday perhaps we can get some sort of round-robin GMing going?

In anticipation,

Paul / Grumdril

Leromides

I would be up for a bit of WFB on Sunday morning. I can field about 2000 points by 3rd edition of empire or chaos .

lornalim

I'm interested in playing Sunday morning. I'll be with my mate James. We'll have about 8000pts 3rd ed. Undead between us. Obviously don't need to field all that but I'm up for a simple WFB3 battle. As long as I can ogle the other stuff going on as well. Siege of Avalone looks awesome but I'm thinking I'm up for a more intimate battle experience. How about Undead (James and I) vs Orcs/Chaos (Gumdril and Leromides)?

Grumdril

Sounds like a plan! If it's going to be a big battle we might have to see if we can extend the table booking to run into the afternoon as well.

Paul / Grumdril

Grumdril

This thread has gone quiet so I thought I should give it a bump and just confirm where I think we stand.

Hopefully the plan is Leromides's 2000 points of chaos plus my 1,000-1,200 points of orcs & chaos versus Lornalim's and James' undead. I'm really hoping to get myself to 1,200 points-worth, but 3 of the chaps are still bare metal and another 8 only basecoated, and I'm about to go on holiday for a week and a bit...

Let's assume though that the undead will be 3,000 points, and Leromides and I will discuss and get to the same number. Unless someone steps in wanting to GM for us in which case they can talk army composition with us.

On the table / scenery front I've asked Gaj if I can extend the booking to go into the afternoon as well, but it's entirely possible that won't be doable in which case we'll need to wrap up by 13:00 I think. From memory the Foundry's tables are sculpted for hills but (apart from the really big one) don't have other scenery. So if anyone can bring scenery that'd be good, I'm afraid I'm a bit understocked in that department at the moment...

See you in a few weeks!

Paul / Grumdril

Grumdril

Update - we have the table for the afternoon as well, so no rush to finish unless you've already got other plans for the afternoon.

Paul / Grumdril

Grumdril

In other news, Leromides has found another 1,000 points of chaos down the back of his sofa, so do we want to ramp this up to 4,000 points per side or stick with 3,000?

lornalim

Hi guys, James and I still coming down. I have been on hols for two weeks. I'll create a 3000 and 4000pts list for the day and we can play it by ear. We hope to be there on Friday as early as possible (we are driving down from Glasgow), and also there on the Saturday so we can hook up beforehand and chat more, if you are both around that day. We can bring scenery too. Thanks for organising the table all day. We may need more time as I am still getting back into the old ruleset. I'm hoping to finish off some painting this week, too. I'll try and email our lists beforehand and send through some fluff to help make it more colourful. What are your email addresses?

PS I have a painted snotling pump wagon and some newhammer orc archers (20) led by Harboth all painted that I could bring if you want some more orcs...

Grumdril

Just wanted to thank you all for a very enjoyable game on Sunday, and post up a few (slightly grainy) photos. I'm not quite sure of the brothers' prospects for a long career, but their business seemed to get off to a mostly successful start.

Nico - this time next year we'll all be millionaires!
brothersStart.jpg

Just before the fight...
brothersMid.jpg

The end (sort of - marginally in the balance after 5½ hours, but I'm pretty sure the undead had the upper hand)
brothersEnd.jpg

I'll post up the rest once I've done some minimal cropping to minimise the file size - I didn't want to shrink them in resolution in case you wanted to see any details for writing reports or whatever.

Paul / Grumdril

Leromides

The final picture doesn't seem to be loading for me but not to worry as in my mind it was a resounding and glorious victory for the forces of chaos! Long will it be celebrated through saga, song and the medium of interpretive dance :)

Back