Drinks

Try Belhaven Balck as well, it's gorgeous and the various innes and gunn finishes
Innis_and_Gunn-thumb-250x221-338.jpg

are lovely as well (just general recommendations here rather than for BOYL)

Grumdril

Another vote here for a decent IPA or other not-too-hoppy beer, and ideally session strength as per Erny's comment. Of the others listed so far I'm fond of Black Sheep as well, but that's not a session beer.

Paul / Grumdril

weazil

Right chaps

Reading through the posts, I
I can't say anything really conclusive came up, apart from:

There must be an ale
There must be an IPA
Ideally, a session strength beer
Of all the brands suggested, Black Sheep was the only one mentioned twice.

So, it's worth noting that I come from a hot Southern Hemisphere country, where beer refers to lager and ale is considered to be a food source.

So, my questions are as follows:

Is IPA ale, or are these two different things?
When we say a session strength beer, are you asking for a session strength lager, beer or both?
Is Black Sheep an IPA, a lager, beer, or ale?

Thanks!

Thantsants

IPA stands for India Pale Ale - it was more heavily hopped to preserve it for the voyage between Britain and India back in the days of Empire. These days it's a nice light hoppy style of ale.

Black Sheep is an ale and a fine one at that - 4.4% so that might do for a session ale?

Personally I would say that a session lager and ale would be good.

Just John

As someone who'll be driving each day I'm not too bothered about the beer/ale thing but I do have a coffee addiction. Do they serve/Will there be real coffee available (ie not instant Maxwell House/Nescafe crap)?

Chico

Also make sure the Diet Coke is well stocked.. I hate being diabetic (So I can't drink alco all day and not die) and going somewhere where there is nothing soft I can drink :(

Erny

Thantsants":33b3rmd8 said:
IPA stands for India Pale Ale - it was more heavily hopped to preserve it for the voyage between Britain and India back in the days of Empire. These days it's a nice light hoppy style of ale.

Black Sheep is an ale and a fine one at that - 4.4% so that might do for a session ale?

4.4% is a pretty strong session ale! Under 4%, closer to 3% is my idea of a session beer though that sort of strength from a bottle or even can (hey my pallet isn't so refined that I can taste the difference between bottled and canned)

My understanding was, although brewed to go to India the IPAs were so lovely they ended up going to the home market. Enough beer nonsense, if the beer that is provided is strong, I'll just have to drink even slower.

Back