The best reminder of the day.

Erny

Every convention I go to we always have a group photo taken, it's a really nice reminder of what actually makes the event worthwhile, the people involved, even for a rather technical Science convention.

I really would have liked something similar last year but erm, forgot to ask. Would people be happy to take a little time out of the day, say ten minutes to get a photo of all our mugs, I think the community is still small enough to not make this pointless. I have a horrid feeling that something this simple would actually take some organising to achieve so I mention it now rather than trying to persuade you all on the day.

If so what would be the best day?

0211nerds_sub_microsoft.jpg

Note due to the presence of females this photo was clearly not taken at BOYL13.

Chico

Maybe Saturday afternoon would be best for this? Most people will be there then and Umm.. not too drunk (We can pray)

Asslessman

Splendid idea ! We can expect the same amont of beards with probably shorter hair and certainly fewer ladies... I agree with Chico the end of Saturday would be the good timing.

Erny

A month and a half? How quickly does your beard grow? Mind you we already have some cracking examples coming to beardhammer14.

In answer to your post I asked the wife
'If i left my beard to grow for a month and half how long do you reckon it would get?'

'Long enough for me to divorce you!'

Photo op sounds like a fun idea.

You don't get much facial hair for your money in 6 weeks :grin: check out how big a mustache people grow for Movember and you will get an idea of what you will accomplish. I have been growing and waxing my mustachio for as long as I have been painting my Slann in preperation for BOYL to avoid the inevitable rush to grow facial hair at the last minute :lol: . I think that the wives are primarily not keen on the spiky stubble, once you get past that to a luxurious stage you have a better chance of winning them over, so long as you don't look 30 years older that is. ;)

Asslessman

count me in for the beard, glasses and weird smile.

We are setting a standard here, this will get as popular as WA poses.

Asslessman

Can't really phrase my emotions out but the words "Thank you, hero, incredibly kind, wonderful" would defniitley be part of it...

EDIt : Oh and just on top of that , I got a nice message from Bryan about our confrontation game, stating that we should seek him out if we ever have any questions about it ! (it may not mean that much to those of you who already met him but just having a message from him made my day)

Erny

So after all our talk of getting together and making an oldhammer miniature the Titans of our childhood just step up and give us what we wanted. War gamers really are the nicest people and our heroes are real gentlemen.

Asslessman

Erny":3prk1bqe said:
the Titans of our childhood just step up and give us what we wanted. War gamers really are the nicest people and our heroes are real gentlemen.
THAT

Erny":3prk1bqe said:
So after all our talk of getting together and making an oldhammer miniature
Work on that has been taken underground but progress had definitely been made... My little finger told me we actually have a sketch for the forum miniature and a go to give to the sculptor, the french FB community has already launched its own project of a bretonnian frogman (pics on the french oldhammer FB group page)... this all means we could very well have not one but 2 oldhammer models by the end of the year (3 counting Bryan and Kev's initiative...)

Just John

Erny":sdaz4rx4 said:
So after all our talk of getting together and making an oldhammer miniature the Titans of our childhood just step up and give us what we wanted. War gamers really are the nicest people and our heroes are real gentlemen.

Hear Hear

Thantsants

I never cease to be amazed at the generosity of spirit within the wargaming community - to quote Withnail and I

"perhaps the last island of beauty... in the world"

Cheers Kev! :mrgreen:

Back