[BOYL14] 15mm [Update] Operation Asgard

JellyRovers

[UPDATE] So I have the forces, terrain, scenario and rules sorted for a USME game. Now I just need a (small) table and players.

Please let me know if you are interested. I don't imagine the games will last that long as I am erring on the skirmish side, with a squad or so a side.[UPDATE]

Hello guys,

I was just wondering if there would be any interest in playing a 15mm sci-fi game on the saturday, with around company level forces using Rogue Trader, Imperial Commander or a real blast from the past Combat 3000?

I can provide the figures (Asgard classics of course!) and rules/scenario.

Let me know if there is any interest?

weazil

Re: [BOYL] 15mm Rogue Trader/Imperial Commander/Combat 3000

Hi Jellyrovers

I see that someone else has registered a 15mm skirmish force on the registration form, so it sounds like there might be more interest that reflected here on the forum. Certainly, I think if you have both armies, I imagine you should be able to convince someone to have a go. Certainly, if I don't get the game I'm trying to organise, I'd love to have a go, as I'm much more inclined to 15mm sci-fi than 28mm.

Cheers!

JellyRovers

Thanks for the reply :) I will pack enough forces, scenery and a scenario or 2 for a game if anyone fancies.

Be great to get some pre-Rogue Trader action going (Mainly to loudly grumble about people playing with new fangled Space Marines and Zoats...)

Asslessman

JellyRovers":2uvq7jar said:
Thanks for the reply :) I will pack enough forces, scenery and a scenario or 2 for a game if anyone fancies.

Be great to get some pre-Rogue Trader action going (Mainly to loudly grumble about people playing with new fangled Space Marines and Zoats...)

We will be playing confrontation (which is just laserburn with 28 mm and RT setting basically) a few tables away !

Chico

I would have jumped at a chance to join in this (Any excuse to start a new project/sale) , but sadly I'm fully booked with Epic & Judge Dredd games.

JellyRovers

Ohh I missed the 28mm Laserburn game. Thankfully I have a nice little warband that would play well for Judge Dredd, Laserburn or Confrontation so I will definitely pack them.

I will bring the 15mm forces as well in the hope I can grab a game with someone :)

JellyRovers

Re: [BOYL14] 15mm Combat 3000 [Update] Operation Asgard

Just a quick bump to say I have most things sorted for this game now, so if anybody fancies jumping in on saturday afternoon that would be great. I am aiming to have the games done in around 45 minutes using a very low model count.

Asslessman

If it's a 45 min thing I could be interested actually, between the morning pirate game and the painting contest, I could find some time and I'd be very interested to do so !

JellyRovers

Oh great :) I will run through the game/ruleset a couple of times before the weekend to try and keep it to 45mins. I am happy to Umpire the game if other people want to play it.

JellyRovers

[2nd Update]

I played through a game using the Combat 3000 rules and it was HORRIBLE. Very slow and grinding for very little result.

I have instead plumped for USEME which is done by Alternative Armies who currently hold the Asgard miniatures licence. It plays very well and it nice and easy to explain and get a game in.

Asslessman

Oh right :?

It makes me fear a tad regarding the confrontation game to come… a skimmed version and plenty of place for silly actions should do the thing though 8-)

Asslessman

Hey, I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed our game of Use me and your enthusiasm ! I'm very glad to see you've created a blog and I can't wait to see it building up. I already added it to my list !

Cheers

JB

JellyRovers

No problem JB! Really enjoyed it as well, glad you did even if I was muddling through the rules a bit at first.

I have been busy painting up some more Ort figures so they can have their revenge on the evil Space Marines! Pictures coming soon to the blog.

Back