The Warhammer For Adults All-Star Realms of Chaos Bonanza!

weazil

...another title that never fails to attract clicks, no doubt.

Anyway, you're here. I'm a litte late to the game in terms of touting for players, but as the current wisdom goes: if you don't ask, you don't get.

So what's a 'Warhammer For Adults All-Star Realms of Chaos Bonanza!' anyway?

Over the years, as my blog posts have waxed and waned, I've managed to produce what I think are a fascinating assortment of characters, three of which are looking to lead an army against you. Yes, that's right.

You.

Basically, I am looking to have my grand chaos horde of Nurgle and Slaanesh face off against other suitable chaos forces (ideally Khorne and Tzeentch, but I've never seen a whole tzeentch army in oldhammer before ever, so I'm not holding my breath...).

So, in my corner, I'm looking to have three commands, each headed up the devastatingly insane Ellen Degenerate, the altogether peculiar Onowitz Man'fluh and, of course, the colossal Gromeo the Grande.

Okay, what's the challenge?

The challenge is really from me to you - a game of Warhammer Fantasy Battle 3rd Edition, using the Realms of Chaos rules to broadly put together a force. Let me clear here - I'm not that concerned about unit sizes and magic numbers - I'd rather you were able to play with what you have then you decide to eliminate yourself just because you have 7 centaurs when you supposedly need 8 (for example).

Also, I'm not especially fussed about points allowances - these are just a rough guideline for people to keep the forces broadly in line.

Okay, but I have friends that also want to play.

Excellent! My challenge is really twofold: If you play Khorne or Tzeentch, I would like my army to beat your army into the floor. If you have Nurgle or Slaanesh, I want you to join me in beating the above mentioned Khorne or Tzeentch forces into the floor. This means that I am looking for both opponents and allies.

Right, so I have a Realms of Chaos Warband, but not an army. Can I still play?

Yes, you are welcome to join the fray. Please note, though, that I still want to face off against an actual, y'know... army. Proper WFB sort of thing. Warbands are a part of Realms of Chaos and I think it would be lovely to have small skirmishes interspersed in the larger flow of the battle. I imagine this is the pinnacle of what Realms of Chaos could be, short of daemon legions facing off against each other.

Er, what happens of no-one can bring a Khorne or Tzeentch army?

Yes, that would be a fly in my ointment. Still, I am a man of compromise and flexibility, so I shall cope. There are two scenarios I can envisage:

1. There are plenty of Slaanesh or Nurgle forces available.
In this case, I'm happy to face off against these forces. OF course I am! Chaos is fickle and peculiar and so am... er... well it should still be a good game, is what I'm trying to say.

2. There are just stock standard non-realms of chaos forces (from Warhammer Armies, or heaven forbid, just selected from Warhammer Fantasy Battles directly!)
In this case, equally welcome, for the same reasons as above.

Wait! There's a third scenario...

Yeah, okay, there is. Assuming no one has the chaos armies (or the testosterone) to face my grand horde of chaos, then I am equally happy to face off against any other regular forces! Slaanesh doesn't care who experiences the firm thrust of Gromeo's...er, might - just that someone does! If you have other armies that want some, then I have some to give!

So, actually, anyone can take up the offer?

N-er...well, yes. I suppose. When you look at it like that.

So what are you actually looking for? Just a summary, please?

Right. Summary.

I want:

1. Realm of chaos Nurgle & Slaanesh forces to face off against Khorne and Tzeentch forces
2. Failing that, Nurgle & Slaanesh forces facing off against any RoC forces
3. Failing that, Nurgle & Slaanesh forces facing off against stock standard chaos forces
4. Failing that, Nurgle & Slaanesh forces facing off against any combination of allies

So far, I have the interest of one player, who will be bringing a solid Nurgle force (of around 2000 pts). Together with my horde (say, 4000 pts) we already have 6000pts on one side.

I will work on a narrative for the story, although if you are interested in participating in the narrative, I would love to accommodate you. Unless your narrative somehow involves us as players singing our undying love for each other. Then you should probably play someone else. Otherwise, you're in, really.

Anything else?

Yes! One more thing. A GM. RoC is pregnant with GM'ing opportunity, so this is your chance to take out all your current frustrations on poor, unsuspecting players who will be looking to a GM for a fair (hah!) deal. Imagine the disappointment on their puppy-like faces as you take up the role of the chaos gods themselves!

So, if you are interested and like the idea of meeting some of the Warhammer For Adults characters (sadly, Gaymar the Foccer and Rogaine are still awaiting paint jobs. And armes...), with the extra excitement of possibly being stabbed by them, then this is the game for you. Please indicate your interest by leaving a suitable message on this thread.

Can I win anything?

Only the undying hatred of Gromeo, or his eternal mockery, depending on the outcome. With such a prospect, how could you not take up the challenge and still call yourself a man? Sign up now!

Re: The Warhammer For Adults All-Star Realms of Chaos Bonanz

Sounds like a great idea and just the sort of thing that'd motivate me to get my chaos army painted.

BUT....

I'm not going to get it done in time for this years BOYL. You've left it quite late. Now, if we were talking 2015 i'd have a chance of getting it in a fit state and to the points level you're talking about so keep me in mind for next year and sign me up early!

antipixi

whiskey priest":2pwuipih said:
Sounds like a great idea and just the sort of thing that'd motivate me to get my chaos army painted.

BUT....

I'm not going to get it done in time for this years BOYL. You've left it quite late. Now, if we were talking 2015 i'd have a chance of getting it in a fit state and to the points level your talking about so keep me in my for next year and sign me up early!

Very much agree with this. I have a plan for a Nurgle Deamon army, but I'm only going to have a warband ready by August.

Asslessman

Damnit, I have 2 briefcase full of painted chaos with loads of Khorne and Nurgle, this is just to short a notice for me. I'm already in for 3 games (3 of which I'm GMing at least partly) so I won't have much time to join. Record me for the BOYL2015 rematch though ! (If you need more units I may be able to squeeze 10 nurgle warriors and 10 khorne warriors in my luggage if I remove a pair of panties...).

antipixi

whiskey priest":2kioqpqm said:
How big are your panties?

images

Taken from the Asslessman selfie album.

Bane

Sounds great! I'll be bringing my Nurgle forces, (but alas, it's no more than a large warband growing to an Allied Contingent size, not an army). I'd love to get involved when I'm not running my Shadows of Rensburg campaign.

weazil

YOu never know, Bane - at the rate things are going, I'll be playing in your game :)

I know I'm quite late - if it doesn't fly, that's okay. I might change my proposition a little. Let's leave it another week and see...

@Asslessman - don't worry about the extra's - its a very poor host who forces his guest to choose between figures and their precious, precious underwear!

Bane

There'll be demand for RoC experiences, we may just need to fit around the bigger "event" games; what proper Oldhammerer wouldn't want to be rolling on reward and retinue tables anyway?

Plan E might just be to get some painting done during a gaming lull...

Back