Painting Contest

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2014, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:31 pm

Painting Contest

Hi chaps

I know this was discussed on this thread here, with me proposing that there should not be a painting contest, because there were no prizes, which creates a whole judgement conundrum that we didn't seem able to resolve.

So imagine my surprise when I was discussing this with Marcus today and he said something like "Oh, well if that's the issue, then we'll offer the prizes..."

Which means that there will indeed be a painting contest. The Foundry staff will be the judges and they will provide prizes (no idea what, though).

Now I appreciate that means things are starting much later than some pro-painters might like - it also adds strain to those attempting to paint figures for games, but better late than never is a line many people take with this sort of thing.

So - we're not anticipating a huge number of entries and for this reason, there are only four categories:

Large
Small
Skirmish Force
Army

Small really covers one or two infantry or cavalry or similar - be they sporting, science fiction or fantasy. Large covers, well, large things. Tanks, units or monsters.

The Skirmish Force and Army categories take into account that actually, everyone will have beautiful figures on the table that they're playing with, so just having figures will allow you to participate! Skirmish Force describes a team - fantasy sports, or a fireteam or a skirmish unit. Army is, well, everything else.

If there are three or less entries in any one category, we'll just merge them into the next most suitable, unless one is so completely and utterly spectacular that it deserves something special.

So - apologies for the confusion - consider the short notice part of the challenge!
Regards,
Gaj

Always interested in contacting any gamers interested in Warhammer Fantasy 3rd Edition!
Also interested in any old 80's Citadel figures you may want to get rid of.

http://warhammerforadults.blogspot.com

In Dreamfish we trust
In Dreamfish we trust

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:54 pm

Re: Painting Contest

Does that mean you don't need me to bring an old hammer? :D

That is very cool of them.

No army category?

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:03 pm

Hmmm...an Army category. We hadn't discussed that, but it sounds like a good idea, given there will be lots of armies.

Okay, lets have an army category. I'll update the thread.
Regards,
Gaj

Always interested in contacting any gamers interested in Warhammer Fantasy 3rd Edition!

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:02 am

A question of logistics here - can single day attendees enter? What if single day attendees from Sat and Sun want to enter - how will these be judged?

;-)

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:16 am

Hi Axiom

Another good question. Saturday is the day with the most 'density', so lets do the judging then. The rule will be, if the figure(s) is/are there on Saturday, it can be judged. The owner need not be present, just the figure(s).
Regards,
Gaj

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:33 am

Very good, I'll probably end up leaving one of my RT warbands in the skirmish category and will probably paint something to play in the small one.

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:58 pm

weazil wrote:Hi Axiom

Another good question. Saturday is the day with the most 'density', so lets do the judging then. The rule will be, if the figure(s) is/are there on Saturday, it can be judged. The owner need not be present, just the figure(s).

Knocks me out then as I'm a Sunday only attendee. Probably just as well, as I've got too much other stuff to paint in the meantime ;)

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:46 pm

I'll enter some stuff for this for fun. I just hope there will no ridiculously oversized plinths! (a pet hate of mine).

Post Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:47 am

Bane wrote:I'll enter some stuff for this for fun. I just hope there will no ridiculously oversized plinths! (a pet hate of mine).

Define ridiculous. :)

Donator

Post Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:28 pm

Well shoot!! I doubt I could get mine there in time at this point...:(

Blue
3rd Edition will rise AGAIN!!!!
My Painting collecting...and sometimes gaming Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/
Next

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2014