Re:[BOYL]MINI Mini Wargames Tables. At BOYL this weekend!

cheetor

I have arranged to have these souvenirs made for distribution at BOYL. They are 28mm scale laser cut tables in both sci-fi (acrylic) and fantasy (MDF) varieties. Check out the new Castle and Landing pad added since the last update.

I think that they have potential to be used for all sorts of fun things in games (Space Hulk objectives, seedy cantina scenery, "Assault on the Wargames Club" scenarios, dioramas where generals plan their moves by their tents, etc).

I certainly intend to use mine as gaming pieces. I got the prototypes in the post the other day and I hope to take some photos with my toy soldiers over the next week or so.

To keep things simple the tables will be available in a two pack containing one of each type, an acrylic and a MDF. This makes the admin easy for me.

Numbers are limited. Post on this thread and you will be added to the list.

Price is £6 for the set, one of each type. If you wish to pay in advance (thereby helping me with my costs) then PM me and we can sort out Paypal. Pre-order price is £4.50 for the pair. Im not trying to make money on this, but I cant end up out of pocket either (I am skint). I hope to end up with enough extra bucks to buy myself a couple of pints at the event, but nothing more than that and being out of pocket is not an option. I am morally fine with that, but if it bothers you, then dont get involved.

Lastly, take a look at the fine print below the images

minitables1.jpg

holotables1.jpg

boyl-etched1.jpg

castle.jpg

The fine print:

These are prototypes. There will be some changes to the final design. This is a pretty solid idea of what you will get, but bear in mind that everything is subject to some change from these designs.

Troops are not really feasible in this scale, so units are represented by small blocks with etched generic symbols. Like battle report units if that makes sense. Some of the sci-fi units are represented by things inspired by this classic bit of art rather than blocks, arrows and the like:

rtholotable1.jpg

There will be numerous small design differences in the tables: some will have etched roads, some rivers, some contour lines, some hexes etc. The scatter terrain and exact table pattern will be supplied randomly. Not all sets will have all additional items available. Thats just the way it is.

There will be a number of bits of "scatter terrain" "woods, stepped hills etc) and "units" in each "flat pack" table pack. Number of scatter items per pack as yet unknown. It will likely be approximately six per table.

£6 at BOYL IF you post your interest in this thread.
£4.50 if you want to pay in advance. PM me.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT: Some images of some quickly painted MDF tables and some goofy images of miniatures "playing".

miniatureminiaturetables1.jpg

miniatureminiaturetables2.jpg

miniatureminiaturetables3.jpg

cheetor

Re:[BOYL]MINI Mini Wargames Tables. Sign Up Closed

The following are lined up for a set of tables:

PREBOOKED:
axiom (P)
Whiskey Priest x 2 (P)
anitipixi (P)
Citadel Collector (P)
Mister Rab (P)
Just John (P)
Mr Saturdays (P)
theottovonbismark (P)
Greater Harlequin (P)
asslessman (P)
Thantsants (P)
Deiselmonkey (P)
Skyrak (P)

COD:
lenihan
Legiocustodes
Harry
Skarsnik & Old Lead

axiom

Re: [BOYL 2014] MINIATURE Miniature Wargames Tables SIGN UP

Cracking! I'm up for a pre-order pair please.

antipixi

I'll take a pre-order pair. PM on its way shortly.

cheetor

Citadel Collector":e2zqtsmv said:
I'm interested,

Will I put you down for a pair?

Citadel Collector":e2zqtsmv said:
but why are numbers limited? Just curious.

Logistics: not having to bring a suitcase full of these to BOYL would be a good thing.

Financial Liquidity: I cant commit to getting vast numbers manufactured on spec (hence the pre-payment incentive)

Timetabling: I have a few non-toy soldier things lined up between now and BOYL which will eat into my time and resources, so I want to get this signed, sealed and delivered sooner rather than later. I guess thats a "limited time" rather than "limited stock" thing really though. They are connected all the same.

Hopefully that makes some sense to you :)

cheetor":3ec3pz7f said:
Citadel Collector":3ec3pz7f said:
I'm interested,

Will I put you down for a pair?

Citadel Collector":3ec3pz7f said:
but why are numbers limited? Just curious.

Logistics: not having to bring a suitcase full of these to BOYL would be a good thing.

Financial Liquidity: I cant commit to getting vast numbers manufactured on spec (hence the pre-payment incentive)

Timetabling: I have a few non-toy soldier things lined up between now and BOYL which will eat into my time and resources, so I want to get this signed, sealed and delivered sooner rather than later. I guess thats a "limited time" rather than "limited stock" thing really though. They are connected all the same.

Hopefully that makes some sense to you :)

Makes sense. I'll PM you re an order.

Mister Rab

I'll take a set. PM me your email and I'll paypal you.

They look great 8-)

Just John

Count me in too. They're lookng great. I hope my halfling generals wil be able to see over the top.

cheetor

Everyone up to here is included.

Mister Rab":3devzn1a said:
They look great 8-)

They are even cuter in hand I think. Ill try to get the prototypes photographed with some of my miniatures over the next week or so.

Just John":3devzn1a said:
Count me in too. They're lookng great. I hope my halfling generals wil be able to see over the top.

Actually, they wont, they will need to stand on a box or something. To my shame, the tables dont accommodate those of shorter statue. My Ursa Miner squats are in a huff.

cheetor

Up to date to here.

If you want to pre-book then PM me please.

Thanks.

Harry

Very cool. ...and cool of you for cracking on and sorting these out.
I'm in.

cheetor

Harry":3hl5hbs4 said:
Very cool. ...and cool of you for cracking on and sorting these out.

Great. PM me if you want to prepay Harry. Alternatively I will pop you on the COD list.

Vyper

They look fantastic actually! Is there any potential for purchasing multiples (especially of the sci-fi ones)?

cheetor

Vyper":2lbzu6uf said:
They look fantastic actually! Is there any potential for purchasing multiples (especially of the sci-fi ones)?

For now I am keeping things as the one-of-each two pack to keep admin down. Once sufficient people have got involved then the option to get a few extra made to have on hand at the event might be viable (but no guarantees, seriously). If that happens then there will be wiggle room.

I have PM'ed you Vyper.

Sign me up for these!! I'll pre order!!

As an aside I think you should make a profit for bothering to get this sorted!!

Back