[BOYL14]: Judge Dredd Game Ideas

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2014, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Mon May 26, 2014 3:16 pm

[BOYL14]: Judge Dredd Game Ideas

This is me just throwing some ideas around for a possible game Friday or Saturday afternoon/evening for a small handful of players.

My idea is to play a game using Judge Dredd figures/background/story/theme ect but using Necromunda 2.0 rules set as it quite a nice well rounded set of rules (And is well known).

What I have in mind is this:

This is outside of the Judge Dredd story arc but rather based on what could have happened. Judge Dredd along with a handful of named Judges (Chico, Reed, Paton, Hershey) have been ambushed by Pa Angel and his extended family. Dredd and Judges would have to hold out against greater numbers until backup arrives (Riot Judges, Judges on Lawmasters)

Now for the Angel Gang I was thinking of using a few more Perps/Muties as Pa's extended family (Which have never been covered in the comics) to bulk out the Family.

Now another Idea would be we could do is The Day the Law Died story arc with Judge Cal and the SJS

Cal: "I have today passed a law to maintain public order! Deputy Chief Judge Fish will announce it!"
Fish: "Bloop!"
Cal: "You have heard the law. The penalty for disobedience is death!"

Again this is just an idea and I'll be able to supply most figures if needs be, would anyone be interested in playing something like this? or have any ideas?

Players either interested or confirmed:

Chico
Asslessman
Orlygg
Warlord Paul
Cheetor
Leromides
antipixi
Last edited by Chico on Tue May 27, 2014 11:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post Mon May 26, 2014 3:24 pm

Re: [BOYL14]: Judge Dredd Game Ideas

What length of game are you planning on and whate date? I'm engaged in a couple of games so far but depnding on the timeframe I could proabbly squeeze this one in. I don't have any JD model (apart from a Klegg) and won't be able to paint any in time.

Story wise I'm a bit more attracted by the "Cal" arc sinc eit enables Judge Vs Judge fight but I could do with Angel gang.

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Mon May 26, 2014 3:31 pm

It's using Necromunda as a rules set so the game shouldn't take more then 2 hours or so, and it's either the Friday or Saturday afternoon/evening. As Sat Morning/lunch I'm Gaming Epic and Sunday I'm in a massive Epic Game.

Don't worry about figures as I can have mine done in time, and I'm sure we can beg some terrain on the day.

Post Mon May 26, 2014 3:42 pm

Lemme check with my ride (aka Gaj aka Weazil) before I give you a firm answer on that. My planned games are on Sat afternoon and Sunday morning so I have to see what other possibbilities I have. If I can I'll try to have at least a Judge Lopez converted and painted ;).

Post Mon May 26, 2014 9:40 pm

I would be up for a go of that and if you fancied setting it indoors I could put some 2d terrain together with this stuff. It's a bit chopped up but it could be beaten into shape with a bit of effort. As for choice of scenario I would be happy with either but have you considered the munchkin approach. Teams of Judges competing to get the maximum number of perps. Perps are turned up randomly from a card deck as a team enters a new area. If you are lucky you get a couple of scrawling juves, unlucky and it's all 4 dark judges.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (153.12 KiB) Viewed 896 times

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Mon May 26, 2014 9:55 pm

Leromides your more then welcome to join in with us, do you have any painted figures (Perps, muties, Judges ect) or would you like to borrow some? Not that i have many currently lol

Citi Block does have a old school charm but I'm not sure if it'll be right on this occasion. But What does everyone else think?

I'm leaning more toward an Angel Gang + Extended family ambush currently but I've yet to commit either way and it'll depend slightly on how easy certain figures are to get

Post Tue May 27, 2014 10:42 am

I have the figures you've already seen on the Facebook page and I could paint up a dozen, I have 7 armed mutants that I converted from rogue trader types that could be made presentable or I have an imperial army squad that I was going to use as citi-def. I could commit to doing any one of those with certainty. Would any of that be of use?

Post Tue May 27, 2014 11:06 am

I've added this to the proposed event list.

I'm interested in playing, but can't bring any minis to the table. If you have too many players then I reckon it'll be quite fun as a spectator anyway.

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Tue May 27, 2014 11:21 am

Leromides wrote:I have the figures you've already seen on the Facebook page and I could paint up a dozen, I have 7 armed mutants that I converted from rogue trader types that could be made presentable or I have an imperial army squad that I was going to use as citi-def. I could commit to doing any one of those with certainty. Would any of that be of use?

The 7 Muties will come in handy and will fit in with the ambushing Pa gang quite well :) (Looks like the Angel Gang ambush is the winning scenario)

antipixi wrote:I've added this to the proposed event list.

I'm interested in playing, but can't bring any minis to the table. If you have too many players then I reckon it'll be quite fun as a spectator anyway.

More then welcome to join in, plenty of forces to share around :)

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Wed May 28, 2014 2:51 pm

The scenario is now sorted and posted here: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3156
Next

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2014