BOYL - Where are you staying?

Skarsnik

Erny":3owuqib5 said:
Here's hoping inn vain that they have some decent beers..

Less of the receding hair please.

Fear not. I plan on having a summers afternoon/evening in Newark between now and August so I can scope out the best drinking establishments. I can't promise Citadel designers this time round though :razz:

lenihan

Also booked into the Best Western at Newark for the Fri and Sat nights *mumblemumbleexpensivemumblemumble*

Chico

Aye £115 for a room for 2 nights with Breakfast was scary, but the price will only go up dew to the summer holidays and then running low rooms.

Vyper

Skarsnik & Old Lead":15b569jo said:
Care to share which hotel these nights are booked in?

Sorry, I'd assumed that it would be a clear choice at this point. I've booked in with the Best Western hotel in Newark that was linked in the very first post. :grin:

Harry

I have also booked into the Best Western, Newark for Friday and Saturday.
They must be wondering what the hells going on. :grin:

@skarsnick
Looks like we are drinking in Newark then. :grin:
It may need to be a bigger pub than last year. :shock:

You could always invite some. I feel like some of the older guys, John, Dave Andrews, would love this kind of thing. When I first started painting up my old stuff John was keen to show me some of his older minis. He had a Ral Partha Bee knight amongst them I remember. :grin: ... and at a studio Open day Dave Andrews was there with some Race game he had made up. There must be others who would love the Oldhammer atmosphere. Can you not stick an open invite in Bugmans or on the studio notice board?

Leadpest

Looks like I'm staying in Newark then as this seems to be where everyone else is staying! I don't want to miss out on Jaeger shots! See you all there; it's gonna be a hoot :)

Fimm McCool

Wow, am I reading that right? :shock: £70.95 for the friday night and £82 for the saturday at the best western? Maybe I'm not coming after all....!

Chico

Fimm McCool":1rp66jfy said:
Wow, am I reading that right? :shock: £70.95 for the friday night and £82 for the saturday at the best western? Maybe I'm not coming after all....!

You left it too long to book, people were warned that prices would rise. I booked early and got both nights for £100 total :)

Skarsnik

Chico":1pseig23 said:
Fimm McCool":1pseig23 said:

You left it too long to book, people were warned that prices would rise. I booked early and got both nights for £100 total :)

Yep, they only have 32 rooms, and we have already booked 16 of them, and I guess more will have been booked by normal folk. So as they run out prices were bound to go up.

weazil

Hi Fimm

I've got a double and two singles in my room, so I guess we (that is, Andre and myself) could squeeze you in - the downside is that I'm only there for the Saturday evening.

Skyrak

After seeing the posts about rising prices for the best western i finally got in gear and booked a room, though ive not signed on for any games and out of my entire collection i only have 3 dwarf slayers that have been painted to a tabletop standard (not by me i hasten to add) but i dont care as im looking forward to seeing other people armies in action and being able to chat hobby with like minded people.

Fimm McCool

Skarsnik & Old Lead":1ifk9vi6 said:
Chico":1ifk9vi6 said:
Fimm McCool":1ifk9vi6 said:

Yep, they only have 32 rooms, and we have already booked 16 of them, and I guess more will have been booked by normal folk. So as they run out prices were bound to go up.

Didn't think I could get there until this week, so no option to book earlier. Even £100 seems a bit steep for two nights, I was expecting something cheap and cheerful in the region of £30 per night ...

weazil":1ifk9vi6 said:
Hi Fimm

I've got a double and two singles in my room, so I guess we (that is, Andre and myself) could squeeze you in - the downside is that I'm only there for the Saturday evening.

Thanks Weazil. Very tempted, maybe I can cadge a tent for the Friday night? :)

Chico

Sadly the rooms were never going to be cheap as it's prime holiday time as most the schools are off for Summer Hols.

But If you need to crash a room Friday night Fimmster mate you can have my floor :) I do snore and I might not be sober :)

Fimm McCool

Hmmmmm.... even more tempting. Happy to pay a proportion for use of the floor, and don't worry about the sobriety; I'm not planning on it either! :twisted:

Back