[BOYL14 EVENT] Confrontation Royal Rumble

Asslessman

Ok lads, I'm starting the thread so you can have an idea of what I'd like to offer :

I'm proposing a confrontation game :

RULES :

The idea is to use a simplified version of confrontation to make things quicker and a little more nervous.

As a GM, I'll ensure everyone has personnal objectives and multiple ways of achieving them. The idea being to have people throw a RT warband when they want during the day.
Combat will be important but other actions will be just as important, an IT expert or talented pilot in the team can prove just as valuable as a CC berserker or a sniper...

Contestants

- Asslessman : bands : NPC's and other troublemakers
- Whiskey priest : Tech gang, hive worlders, pirates
- Antipixi : Hive worlders
- Axiom : Bratts
- Legiocustodes : Space adventurers or Hive worlders

Entries closed now.

Scenery and objectives needed :

[x] Ferrograd
[x] A space shuttle
[x] A crane
[x] containers and crates
[x] 2 large containers (at least 2 inches wide cubes)
[x] computers and screens

cheetor

Travel space limitations may limit me a bit here, but as I am bringing an Ork Freebooter warband to play a game with whiskey priest, I will tentatively put my self down for taking part in this please, if thats ok.

Asslessman

What kind of GM would refuse having such excellent hoobyist as you? Definitely not mine.

I'll update the rules section but I'll make sure the porting of your bands to this table goes as smoothly as possible so that we can concentrate on the fun part.

I'll bring the board and I'll bring at least 3 gangs (5 men each) for people to use on the day. Depending on the outcome of the game with Cheetor my pirates may escape / crash / chase their way into the hive.

Oh yeah, If it's needed I could do a couple of squads of Arbites as well (the RT ones not the necromunda ones) and maybe even a paddy wagon for them! :grin:

axiom

Daughter's birthday party depending, I will be there either Saturday or Sunday (sadly not both, but parental duties come first). I will be bringing whatever Brats I have managed to complete by August, so count me in!

What sort of size band do we need JB?

Asslessman

I'm thinking 5 men squads tops, the idea is to get something easy and quick so that each player gets enough fun. I'm working on the rules but just keep in mind you want characterful crews, not necessarily tough fighters, imagine killing people by hacking a crane and droping girders on them, activating sentries or nasty things. We all know there will be some close combat and heavy shooting so let's leave us some place for funny events ;)

axiom

Asslessman":2q518to4 said:
I'm thinking 5 men squads tops, the idea is to get something easy and quick so that each player gets enough fun. I'm working on the rules but just keep in mind you want characterful crews, not necessarily tough fighters, imagine killing people by hacking a crane and droping girders on them, activating sentries or nasty things. We all know there will be some close combat and heavy shooting so let's leave us some place for funny events ;)

Some dandies armed with killer outfits and canes then? I should be able to manage that!

I've knocked together a tech gang for anybody that don't bring their own figs
blogger-image--363908425.jpg

and i've started painting a hive gang
blogger-image--969802783.jpg

Asslessman

Thanks a lot Colin!

I've started thinking abit more deeply about the rules and wanted to have your thougts oin this. I believe going 100% confrontation is just impossible with 5 pleyers and 5 men squads each. The combat system just takes ages. There are a few solutions to arrange that, depending on the Confrontation/other ruleset ratio we want.

- Keep the confrontation rule base with the easy 3 stats, turn sequence and basic combat system and reduce the combat system to make it a lot simpler and hence more rapid.

- Keep the confrontation turn sequence and do all the combat with either Rogue trader or Necromunda rules

- Switch to a completey different game with only fluff and gangs taken from confrontation

I'd be happy to keep as much confrontation as possible and would propose simplified rules to do so. I think the more confrontation we keep in the game the more we need a GM. I will be GMing this game anyway.

I like the middle option. If we try and keep as much of the shooting rules as possible and do a simplified combat (I can't remember how combat works in Confrontation, I'll have a check tonight and see if there is a way of simplifying) or just doing an RT or 2nd ed combat. Keep the turn sequence and actions set up as this will be the main difference from the other games. If we trim down the modifiers for shooting and avoid the distance modifiers for anything but the distinction between rifle / pistol we should make it fairly straight forward.

Asslessman

I agree with you.

The turn sequence has to stay. Shooting can be made far more simpler ithout the range modifier and combat in itself is not very far from necromunda (basically your WS + dice roll and modifiers Vs Opponent's WS + dice roll and modifiers) the damage chart can also be simplified alot, (taking the one from Necromunda for instance). and we would basically have the same game but a lot quicker.

If I can have all gangs described before basically (rank + weapons seen on the model), I can roll the stats for them and I will be able to GM the game easily with a ref sheet I'll build (and give to you guys as well).
I'm eager to test the heavy roleplaying involved for this one so i'll make sure it doesn't take 1 hour to know the result of a single laspistol shot. If we stick to the basic rules we'll have just 4 stats (WS, BS, Inititive and Armour Class) and the equipment list to describe our gangers , the simplified charts should avoid any mathwork too so Cheetor should be happy with it ;)

Brilliant looking gangers on this page! 8-) So much that could be done at BOYL, so little time... :cry: What say we make it a week long event next year? :grin:

Asslessman

Citadel Collector":uxtbdq79 said:
Brilliant looking gangers on this page! 8-) So much that could be done at BOYL, so little time... :cry: What say we make it a week long event next year? :grin:

Well now that you mention it, I think I could have my Rogue trader Mc Death porting ready for BOYL15... with MacDeath Clan embodied by Elmawr nobles, McGrievants as Bratts and so on...

cheetor

Asslessman":33zyfj6k said:
the simplified charts should avoid any mathwork too so Cheetor should be happy with it ;)

:lol:

Im just along for the ride in this one JB. I wont be getting involved in the rules, you do whatever you want.

I did manage to come into a few Techs over the last few weeks. If I can manage it I might get them painted for this and add a corresponding vehicle so that they can double up in the GoMo derby, but that all depends on how much progress I make on other projects in the interim.

Asslessman

cheetor":324wjowr said:
Asslessman":324wjowr said:
the simplified charts should avoid any mathwork too so Cheetor should be happy with it ;)

:lol:

Im just along for the ride in this one JB. I wont be getting involved in the rules, you do whatever you want.

I did manage to come into a few Techs over the last few weeks. If I can manage it I might get them painted for this and add a corresponding vehicle so that they can double up in the GoMo derby, but that all depends on how much progress I make on other projects in the interim.

Wink aside it will be a good thing for everyone if we don't need to bring a TI89 each to play the damn game.
Models won't be an issue here if that's a worry, both WP and myself are rbinging more than we can play.

Back