[BOYL14 EVENT] Confrontation Royal Rumble

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2014, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Post Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:18 pm

Re: [BOYL14 EVENT] Confrontation Royal Rumble

antipixi wrote:WP - Your board is amazing!

I can't wait to play this game!!!!

Ditto!!! The cinematic possibilities are going to be immense!

Post Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:30 am

The board is amazing indeed and just imagining we're adding a giant crane on it makes me feel like never before (for a game that is, but can we still call it a game at this point of awesomeness?)

For thoe who are not on the Google+ Oldhammer community, let me just add that Bryan Ansell has just sent us a message to state that we could seek him out to fill any gaps in our understanding of conforntation (which derives from his laserburn rules). You read this right, The creator of the rules we'll play will watch us gentlemen !
Add thi sto the free Kev Adams figure and you will agree Bryan has climbed from his "mighty dark winged" level to that of a living legend...

Post Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:20 pm

Asslessman wrote:For thoe who are not on the Google+ Oldhammer community, let me just add that Bryan Ansell has just sent us a message to state that we could seek him out to fill any gaps in our understanding of conforntation (which derives from his laserburn rules). You read this right, The creator of the rules we'll play will watch us gentlemen !
Add thi sto the free Kev Adams figure and you will agree Bryan has climbed from his "mighty dark winged" level to that of a living legend...

Where's the "like" button on this forum? I need to be pressing it on repeat!

Post Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:31 pm

Asslessman wrote:For thoe who are not on the Google+ Oldhammer community, let me just add that Bryan Ansell has just sent us a message to state that we could seek him out to fill any gaps in our understanding of conforntation (which derives from his laserburn rules). You read this right, The creator of the rules we'll play will watch us gentlemen !

I am officially about to burst with excitement!!!!

I have 2 days of painting Monday and Tuesday next week (I've finished for the summer, but the wife and kid's schools don't finish until the middle of next week! :D ). I aim to have Imamu's boys mostly finished during those days.

Post Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:17 pm

If you're about to burst, then I should probably wait before telling you his message was public on Google+ and was actually quoting your blog post about laser burn and confrontation... :roll:

Post Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:59 pm

*POP*

I'll be bringing a notepad and trying not to come across as a fanboy (which of course I will be)!

Post Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:41 pm

OK gents you should normally all have received the reference sheets for your gangs by now. Feel free to comment anything you don't understand or like. The aim being you all re comfy with your warband. once everyone is happy with them. I'll issue you the scenarii and objectives.
I've also been working another version of the simplified rules so you have time to get familiar with them !

Post Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:55 pm

Alright, All of you must have received the mission and objectives. I have one gang sheet to update (Jon's) and the reference sheet to update a little more. You have the basics to play and get the idea of what you're meant to do in the game.
Remember it will be about roleplaying a lot so any action points spent on making actions which fit your characters will be considered positively by the GM.

There will be no objective points but just an appreciation of the xtent of completion of your objectives (they all differ from a gang to another and sometimes oppose each other).

I'll playtest the game next week just to get the thing in hand. My only concern is that we use as little time on the rules so you can make as many spectacular actions as you can. The game may very well have to end because they have to throw us out but we'll just treat that as an impromptu exterminatus in terms of game ;)

Post Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:31 pm

Read mine just now. I am so pumped for this game! Imamu's men are in the process of being varnished, so pics tomorrow.

I have wanted to play a game of confrontation for years! It's so close now!!!

Post Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:46 pm

I've been wanting to play this game for 16 years now... and the first game is going to be THIS (meaning awesome models, terrain, players and with Bryan Ansell around).

I haven't repeated it but thi sgame follows th eevent sthat will happen on Saturday morning in Ferrograd. The outcome of this game between Cheetor and WP could either make your life easier OR make it a sordid hell... who knows. I'll start up with a brief "previously in Ferrograd" and may secretly give hints to some of you before the game starts.
PreviousNext

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2014