[BOYL14 EVENT] Confrontation Royal Rumble

If we keep the combat modifiers simple as well we should be onto a winner. If I just list the modifiers that I think are relevant and then we can decide which ones we want to include.

Asslessman

Yep, and let's reduce armour types to just one category too...
Less hassle means more fun, especially when the NPC's will be out to put a mess :grin:

OK, shooting modifiers

Each shot of semi automatic -5
Each shot of fully automatic -10
Per action aiming +5
Resting weapon +5
Firing and moving in same turn -10
Firing and moving in same action -25
Firing and running in same action -50
Target is prone -30
Firer has light wound -15
Firer has heavy wound -40
Light wound to arm and firing...
a pistol -30
a rifle -15
heavy weapon -20
Firer is shooting left handed -30
Firer is shooting rifle one handed -30
Firer is shooting heavy weapon one handed -100
Firer is shooting two weapons -15

After this the modifiers are all range related.

Which of these do we want to disregard?

antipixi

I would remove the follow:

• Each shot of semi automatic -5
    Light wound to arm and firing...
    a pistol -30
    a rifle -15
    heavy weapon -20
    Firer is shooting left handed -30
    Firer is shooting rifle one handed -30
    Firer is shooting heavy weapon one handed -100

Although the Heavy Weapon one might be included; I'm just unsure how much carnage one will cause.

axiom

My 5 Brats are ready to go, although I'll be aiming to finish off a couple more before the game:

BrattGangWIP110614_zps74dda8a2.jpg

Asslessman

Alrights lads, I think th ekey element for this game will be preparation. We we (mostly) all new to the game and if we want to spend our time on the good side of it (actual playing) and not on the boring side (determining rolls, modifiers and all) we should come up with a strategy.

As the GM, I suggest 3 simple things :

- Once we agree on the rules simplifiaction (proposals to come) I'll edit a simple rule sheet for all to read or have during the game.

- I will ask all contestants to give me a photo of the 5 selected models so I can roll stats for all of them. The idea would be that every team has a leader, a henchman and 3 gangers. Weapons and gear will be those displayed on the model (with some adaptations between player and myslef for unarmed models and other things). This will result in simple character sheets I will provide to players and which i'll have in hand to keep record of picked objects, wounds, achievments and all during the day.

- on the day, I will issue all players with objectives which will be different from one gang to another, thus ensuring maximum mess.

I will be playing NPCs and special events but since I plan on bringing at least 2 gangs with me, I might join at some point. The idea though is that I GM as much as possible so you basically just have to roll the dice when I say so, move your models and come up with the most funny/insane/crazy/mischievous/whatever actions you can. I really want maximum emphasis on the RPing part of the game so be warned that Bratts played in a posh manner, scavengers looting every corpse and tech gangers doing the robot dance will have advantages...

Sounds good to me. I'll PM regards rules and other Gming duties. I've started painting the tech gang and I'll get picture up as soon as their done.

axiom

JB - totally agree that they key gaming principles should be simplicity and narrative.

Keeping it relatively easy to play means it will be much more engaging, especially as you say, we will be pretty much unpractised. A strong narrative with character driven events will result in a game which should linger long in the memory :)

BTW, what is the deadline for finalising the gang? I will probably paint up others and select my favourites.

antipixi

All sounds good to me.

+ having found some nicer models (never overly a fan of the ratskins models) I'll now have an Underhiver gang rocking up to the party.

Asslessman

They are splendid !

Brilliant kitbash leading to unit which has th ereal confrontation flavour. The posters in the background also add a lot to the generale vibe and I think the pictures taken on that board with the Bratts, tech gangers and all will set a standard !

@WP : Would you mind telling me who is the boss, henchman and 3 gangers mongst them and the weapons they carry. I would like to start making a gang reference sheet template and I will use them as a base. I'll roll the stats, skills and will adjust gear with each player.

@Axiom : Are the bratts you presented the ones who will be playing or do you wish to wait until you have more to pick from ? In the firts case I'll roll your warband as well and let you know (if you tell me who are the leader and henchman). I've already thought about how to integrate the dandy Bratt even though he doesn't hold any weapon (it seems...).

@all : I have the main story line written and I've also started working on objectives and sub-plots for your gangs. Some of the objectives might be common to some gangs while other will be totally particular to a given gang. Deciphering what the others might be after will also be a key element :twisted: . I will try to balance gangs a little considering not everybody has access to the same weapons and that they are not rolled from the charts. So don't be afraid if some have a s***load of plasmas and you only have canes or pebbles to throw at them. :grin: it will also be part of he fun !

The guy with the power sword will be the Leader and the visor guy with the hand flamer can be his henchman that way the plasma armed dudes will be trusted with the very-likely-to-explode weaponry (and also have lower BS presumably) which should counter act the monstrous firepower!

@Assless - do you have access to MS Publisher as that is the format I was going to send the scenario for the pirates game in, if not I'll convert it to a word file.

axiom

I just want to clarify (for the sake of me not approaching my wife for a day out and then getting the date wrong), that the Confrontation game is on Sunday and not Saturday?

As I'm only coming for one day, I don't want to get it wrong and miss out ;)

Asslessman

It was planned on Sunday indeed. I'll let participants speak their mind but since apart from you, the game implies people playing the sensei game, I see no big problem with changing that if that helps you with kid's B-day and all.
Maknig a rough time table of th egames wouldn't be a bad idea at this point I suppose.

Asslessman

I've added a list of scenery needed for the game at the beginning of the thread, if you can tick any of them, please raise your hand !

Space shuttle - I'm bringing my Arvus Lighter
Containers - I've got a load of barrels and was going to make a load of drop scenery, kind of circular trash piles maybe 50mm dia. I've got 5 crates ( http://fenrisgames.com/shop#!/~/product ... d=15272412 ) that i'm painting up for the pirate game. I've also got some big electrical control boxes (big enough for someone to hide behind) maybe 5 or six of them.

Asslessman

That's 3 thing sticked out of the list :grin:

Cheers Colin !

I've prepared the reference sheets for the gangs, you should have all the info you need on a A4 sheet. I'll hand a copy to each of you and will have a copy of each to keep track of injuries, ammo, items, quest objectives and all. I just have to roll the stats for the gangs and give skills according to your descriptions (for those who have provided them).

Back