[BOYL14 EVENT] The rogue trader quickening

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2014, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Post Thu May 22, 2014 12:25 pm

Re: [BOYL14 EVENT] The rogue trader quickening

whiskey priest wrote:Zander Van Zant waving his sword around in a vaguely menacing way, flanked by Griff Dander and Emderly Sawtinaly Sumpton IV.

I had forgotten how cool those guys look. Cant wait to see them in hand :)

whiskey priest wrote:and with the rest of his crew

Do our Sensei require a crew for this game? Im perfectly fine with it if they do, but Im not currently sure if they do or not.

Post Thu May 22, 2014 12:29 pm

That's a good point. I'd assume that the adventurer band might make the game a bit more fun rather than just a gladiatorial combat deal.

Post Thu May 22, 2014 12:35 pm

whiskey priest wrote:That's a good point. I'd assume that the adventurer band might make the game a bit more fun rather than just a gladiatorial combat deal.

I agree.

I also think that all Sensei on the board should glow blue and be suspended in the air by highly visible wires (miss a turn in rules terms) whenever another Sensei is beheaded. That would give time for the schlubs to carry out their petty, inconsequential, non-millennia spanning plans.

Post Thu May 22, 2014 12:38 pm

cheetor wrote:
whiskey priest wrote:That's a good point. I'd assume that the adventurer band might make the game a bit more fun rather than just a gladiatorial combat deal.

I agree.

I also think that all Sensei on the board should glow blue and be suspended in the air by highly visible wires (miss a turn in rules terms) whenever another Sensei is beheaded. That would give time for the schlubs to carry out their petty, inconsequential, non-millennia spanning plans.

I agree with all of this. It's a great excuse for me to use those oddball guys I have been working on of late ;) .

Post Thu May 22, 2014 12:44 pm

theottovonbismark wrote:I agree with all of this. It's a great excuse for me to use those oddball guys I have been working on of late ;) .

I dont see Skeletork being being too happy with being relegated to "minion" and two Sean Connery models on the same table might cause a sub-space anomaly ;)

5 models (a sensei and four hangers on) sounds like a reasonable number to me. What do you guys think?

Post Thu May 22, 2014 12:47 pm

That sounds good to me, the squat got killed anyway!

Post Thu May 22, 2014 12:49 pm

Can I have 7 if they are only little ones? Seriously though a total of 5 seems reasonable to keep the game moving at a good pace.

Post Thu May 22, 2014 12:54 pm

cheetor wrote:
theottovonbismark wrote:I agree with all of this. It's a great excuse for me to use those oddball guys I have been working on of late ;) .

I dont see Skeletork being being too happy with being relegated to "minion" and two Sean Connery models on the same table might cause a sub-space anomaly ;)

5 models (a sensei and four hangers on) sounds like a reasonable number to me. What do you guys think?

If I took those guys there would be an overload of high budget actors, like A Bridge Too Far or Oceans 11. I mean to take some B-listers for this one - guys holding fingers to their temples and grimmacing, Sterner Regnix etc.

4 hangers on sounds about ideal - single wound schmucks and their ilk.

I don't have any issue with 7 dwarves, these things tend to balance out when rough alliances are forged...but one of them has to be dangerously incompetent ;)

Post Thu May 22, 2014 12:55 pm

Leromides wrote:Can I have 7 if they are only little ones?

Have Grumpy carry Sleepy and Sneezy carry Dopey and base Doc, Happy and Bashful (the ninja space dwarf, obviously) normally. Job done.

Or something like this maybe, but with squats instead of grots:

Post Thu May 22, 2014 12:58 pm

I always like these two
PreviousNext

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2014