[BOYL 2014] Proposed event list (8th, 9th and 10th August)

Leadpest

Re: BOYL 2014 Proposed event list

antipixi":30fs8v93 said:
Golgfag1":30fs8v93 said:
Dear All,

Just to clarify ….
Paul / Golgfag1

Changed first post.

Paul is running 'get to the other side'. I cannot take credit! But my wood elves will be there :)

antipixi

Leadpest":30gvuz96 said:
Paul is running 'get to the other side'. I cannot take credit! But my wood elves will be there :)

Aaahhh! Understand now. Post changed again. :)

Golgfag1

Following our conversation at Salute - you should have realized - anything goes; especially if, you saw what I was buying - because there are no rules in war! :lol: Whatever you think - might get you there, give it a try - because it might just do it!

As for Sunday - I've a few ideas for the big game which might give a few people - nightmares! and before anybody asks - I won't be taking sides; so, my figures will be available for use on Sunday.

Paul / Golgfag1

Leadpest":22uq7ir3 said:
Paul the rules for 'get to the other side' sound like a right hoot. I guess a treeman is a bad idea :) A more gentle traditional battle on Sunday sounds like a good plan too (hangovers permitting of course!).

Leadpest

Ha, gloves off then! I shall devise some dastardly tactics and combinations to befuddle your well laid plans.. Looking forward to it :)

lenihan

Golgfag1":24ah977b said:
So, revised plan - Saturday I'm proposing a simple, short, scenario based upon - getting a thousand or so points (it doesn't really matter!) of whatever you want to use - to the other side of the table.

Just to clarify, this is still going to be Lustria based and involve your Slann? (Just because that will shape my force selection, want to get the narrative background right!)

Thantsants

Looks good - I've got 8 players signed up for the siege and another 8 for the epic game - if you wanted numbers.

Golgfag1

Yes, to answer your question - with the amount of 'jungle' type terrain I'm currently got on the go (swamps, brush, fungi & villages) - the scenario will be based in Lustria and my Slann/Lizardmen may well turn up on the table; but following Rumble in the Jungle from last year, I wouldn't assume that they'll be the only things that might turn up! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1

lenihan":3c6k26xj said:
Golgfag1":3c6k26xj said:
So, revised plan - Saturday I'm proposing a simple, short, scenario based upon - getting a thousand or so points (it doesn't really matter!) of whatever you want to use - to the other side of the table.

Just to clarify, this is still going to be Lustria based and involve your Slann? (Just because that will shape my force selection, want to get the narrative background right!)

lenihan

Golgfag1":364v0y1o said:
Yes, to answer your question - with the amount of 'jungle' type terrain I'm currently got on the go (swamps, brush, fungi & villages) - the scenario will be based in Lustria and my Slann/Lizardmen may well turn up on the table; but following Rumble in the Jungle from last year, I wouldn't assume that they'll be the only things that might turn up! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Excellent! I will try and ensure an appropriate flavour for my force.

Erny

Way back when we first started talking about 2014 I proposed i would run the Warhammer siege scenario:

"The siege of Siege of Caraz-Lumba"

Now it seams that there is another much bigger siege game being proposed so I have a simple question?

Is it worth still bringing Caraz-Lumbar or would it be better to throw my lot in with the other siege game.

I can bring 3 mighty fortresses (one set is conversion fodder for breeches, keeps etc.) and pretty much whatever army people thing appropriate. On the Orc front more siege machines than you can shake a stick at including a couple of siege towers. Only problem with this idea is how much is too much?

Just John

Erny, unless it was difficult for you to bring it along I think you should. I think it would be better to have too much stuff and not use some of it rather than not have enough.

Yeah, there is no such thing as too much. Simply bringing it and sticking it on a table for everyone to gawk at would be awesome from my perspective.

cheetor

Thanks for doing this antipixi. Its great to have all of this info in one place.

Harry

I will bring along the Old bowl (stadium) again for anyone who fancies a Game of BloodBowl.

Thantsants

Great stuff - I'll be bringing my two teams but no idea if I'll have any time to squeeze a game in!

Chico

Thantsants":fcritnfw said:
Great stuff - I'll be bringing my two teams but no idea if I'll have any time to squeeze a game in!

Your'll be too busy getting drunk/running 2 games that your brain will feel like it's rolled double skulls twice in a row before you throw in the Blitz of Bloodbowl ;)

Harry

I brought two teams last year planning to get a game in ..... I was rumbling in the jungle the whole weekend. :grin:

Back