[BOYL 2014] Proposed event list (8th, 9th and 10th August)

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2014, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Post Thu May 08, 2014 9:43 pm

Re: BOYL 2014 Proposed event list

Mister Rab wrote:Yup, as long as it doesn't clash with the Siege (which is on Saturday, Chris)

Added

Post Thu May 08, 2014 9:48 pm

antipixi wrote:
Golgfag1 wrote:Dear All,

Just to clarify ….
Paul / Golgfag1

Changed first post.

Paul is running 'get to the other side'. I cannot take credit! But my wood elves will be there :-)

Post Thu May 08, 2014 9:52 pm

Leadpest wrote:Paul is running 'get to the other side'. I cannot take credit! But my wood elves will be there :-)

Aaahhh! Understand now. Post changed again. :)

Post Thu May 08, 2014 9:56 pm

Following our conversation at Salute - you should have realized - anything goes; especially if, you saw what I was buying - because there are no rules in war! :lol: Whatever you think - might get you there, give it a try - because it might just do it!

As for Sunday - I've a few ideas for the big game which might give a few people - nightmares! and before anybody asks - I won't be taking sides; so, my figures will be available for use on Sunday.

Paul / Golgfag1

Leadpest wrote:Paul the rules for 'get to the other side' sound like a right hoot. I guess a treeman is a bad idea :-) A more gentle traditional battle on Sunday sounds like a good plan too (hangovers permitting of course!).
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/grumpyoldbadger

Post Thu May 08, 2014 10:28 pm

Ha, gloves off then! I shall devise some dastardly tactics and combinations to befuddle your well laid plans.. Looking forward to it :-)

Post Fri May 09, 2014 12:34 am

Golgfag1 wrote:So, revised plan - Saturday I'm proposing a simple, short, scenario based upon - getting a thousand or so points (it doesn't really matter!) of whatever you want to use - to the other side of the table.

Just to clarify, this is still going to be Lustria based and involve your Slann? (Just because that will shape my force selection, want to get the narrative background right!)
My oldhammer blog: Where the sea pours out

Post Fri May 09, 2014 5:01 am

Looks good - I've got 8 players signed up for the siege and another 8 for the epic game - if you wanted numbers.

Post Fri May 09, 2014 5:51 am

Yes, to answer your question - with the amount of 'jungle' type terrain I'm currently got on the go (swamps, brush, fungi & villages) - the scenario will be based in Lustria and my Slann/Lizardmen may well turn up on the table; but following Rumble in the Jungle from last year, I wouldn't assume that they'll be the only things that might turn up! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1

lenihan wrote:
Golgfag1 wrote:So, revised plan - Saturday I'm proposing a simple, short, scenario based upon - getting a thousand or so points (it doesn't really matter!) of whatever you want to use - to the other side of the table.

Just to clarify, this is still going to be Lustria based and involve your Slann? (Just because that will shape my force selection, want to get the narrative background right!)
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/grumpyoldbadger

Post Fri May 09, 2014 10:49 am

Golgfag1 wrote:Yes, to answer your question - with the amount of 'jungle' type terrain I'm currently got on the go (swamps, brush, fungi & villages) - the scenario will be based in Lustria and my Slann/Lizardmen may well turn up on the table; but following Rumble in the Jungle from last year, I wouldn't assume that they'll be the only things that might turn up! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Excellent! I will try and ensure an appropriate flavour for my force.
My oldhammer blog: Where the sea pours out

Post Fri May 09, 2014 1:00 pm

Way back when we first started talking about 2014 I proposed i would run the Warhammer siege scenario:

"The siege of Siege of Caraz-Lumba"

Now it seams that there is another much bigger siege game being proposed so I have a simple question?

Is it worth still bringing Caraz-Lumbar or would it be better to throw my lot in with the other siege game.

I can bring 3 mighty fortresses (one set is conversion fodder for breeches, keeps etc.) and pretty much whatever army people thing appropriate. On the Orc front more siege machines than you can shake a stick at including a couple of siege towers. Only problem with this idea is how much is too much?
PreviousNext

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2014