[BOYL 2014] Proposed event list (8th, 9th and 10th August)

antipixi

Re: [BOYL 2014] Proposed event list

Fimm McCool's "The Call of Chulaine- a WFB3 multiplayer skirmish featuring (maybe) the most 3rd Ed of all cretaures... the Fimir" added to first post.

Orlygg

Stuart (Skyrak) and I will be putting on a Slaaneshi vs Khorne larger warbands battle using my armies (if they all get painted in time) if other warbands want to join the fray then so be it! I would imagine that this will be similar to the 'open table' concept we had last year so that anyone can join in at any time.

VanLoon

Orlygg,

That's sounds great, would love to join in your battle with my Khorne warband. I'll hopefully be involved with Bane's warband game so with luck I can squeeze it in around that.

Bane

I'm up for this too, I'll be bringing my Nurgle warband along and will join in whenever I can.

Looking forward to it all!

antipixi

Orlygg":1unn954q said:
Stuart (Skyrak) and I will be putting on a Slaaneshi vs Khorne larger warbands battle using my armies (if they all get painted in time) if other warbands want to join the fray then so be it! I would imagine that this will be similar to the 'open table' concept we had last year so that anyone can join in at any time.

Added to first post

Fimm McCool

Chulaine table booked for Saturday afternoon... will get working on the scenario/rules/fluff next week.

antipixi

Fimm McCool":zbbjo88g said:
Chulaine table booked for Saturday afternoon... will get working on the scenario/rules/fluff next week.

Updated on first post.

Golgfag1

Dear All,

I offer my apologies now rather than at a later date, due to other commitments; I unable to say I'm going to be able to make BOYL 2014, so to avoid any problems - I'm withdrawing the game of 'Get to the other side'.

I hope to attend, but not in any other capacity than a participant.

Hope to see you there

Paul / Golgfag1

PS the beards gone! :lol: :lol: :lol:

lenihan

That's a shame, I was looking forward to a sojourn to Lustria! Hope to see you there anyway.

Padre

Wish I was going. (Boo hoo!) But right from the start I knew it was not to be - I only work 3 or 4 weekends a year, being booked to present a show (or sorts), so that there is no getting out of it. And this is one of those weekends.

You guys have fun, oh, and get a parking ticket for me. :?

Harry

Hi, I have an small apology too.

I have now offered so many folks a lift that I will not have room in the car for the Old Bowl Stadium.

But more oldhammer fwends making the event has to take better....right?

See you there,
Harry

antipixi

Golgfag1":3h1bbn6j said:
Dear All,

I offer my apologies now rather than at a later date, due to other commitments; I unable to say I'm going to be able to make BOYL 2014, so to avoid any problems - I'm withdrawing the game of 'Get to the other side'.

Hope to see you there

Paul / Golgfag1

First post amended. Sorry to hear that you may not make it.

Harry":3h1bbn6j said:
Hi, I have an small apology too.

I have now offered so many folks a lift that I will not have room in the car for the Old Bowl Stadium.

But more oldhammer fwends making the event has to take better....right?

See you there,
Harry

An understandable sacrifice. Updated on first post.

Golgfag1

Thanks for the amendment, can you alter the Sunday entry as well, please? The Reason I can't guarantee my attendance with the game is - I might not have transport, or at least transport suitable to carry everything I was intending to bring. Hence the precautionary message now.
Also, others are planning such interesting alternatives I don't want to be chained to a table waiting for others to decide if they want to play or not when I could be doing something more interesting instead (sticky fingers, cookie jar and all that); taking the decision now completely takes the pressure off me to paint all those figures I planned to paint at the beginning of the year (I've done about half, which I consider a positive and gives me another six months to do the other half, which I hope to bring them with me!) and gives me the opportunity to speak to the great and the good during the course of the weekend with due consideration and appreciation. :grin:

See you there

Paul / Golgfag1

antipixi":3sq4ftr7 said:
Golgfag1":3sq4ftr7 said:
Dear All,

Hope to see you there

Paul / Golgfag1

First post amended. Sorry to hear that you may not make it.

antipixi

Golgfag1":3b3iuaij said:
Thanks for the amendment, can you alter the Sunday entry as well, please? T

Done :)

I hope you find transport and look forward to meeting you if you do.

antipixi

ramshackle_curtis":ahjy8q06 said:
Please officially sign me up for the siege of avalon game on the Saturday.

I haven't had much info from organisers (which is fine, as the event threads keep people up to date), so I don't 'sign people up' on here. As you have discussed this on the event thread itself, I reckon you're all signed up! :grin:

antipixi

Update with cancelation of 'The Call of Chulaine' and addition of HQ chillout.

weazil

Hi chaps

I've slightly abused my privileges as a mod to add a visual schedule of events to the first post in this thread. I've marked the RoC skirmish and the Large Warbands game in red as I"m not sure if Orlygg is proposing to run both, or if one has morphed into the other. I've positioned the large bands game on Saturday as that sounded like the more intensive of the two. Also, it might be that the RoC skirmish conflicts with the Shadows of Rensburg event.

These have been done on the oldhammer google calendar created by Dreamfish recently, so you can see them up there too.

Could organisers verify their slots now that they can see them and start thinking about any changes anyone wants to make. I'm not suggesting change is necessary, but it might be that I've proposed to long or short a slot for your event.

Fimm McCool

weazil":wcp7aylc said:
Could organisers verify their slots now that they can see them and start thinking about any changes anyone wants to make. I'm not suggesting change is necessary, but it might be that I've proposed to long or short a slot for your event.

Thanks for doing this. :) That looks great.

lornalim

Gaj, this is great, thanks for doing that. Do you have a link to Dreamfish's Oldhammer Google Calendar?

Back