[BOYL 2014] Proposed event list (8th, 9th and 10th August)

antipixi

Sorry if I'm stepping on any toes, but I thought it would be good to have a list of what was intending to go on during the weekend. I know that from my perspective, I need to start planning what I'll try to get involved in; so that I have a hope in hell of painting the minis in time! :oops: :roll:

I have had a quick trawl through the various threads and this is the list I came up with:

• • Painting contest

GorkaMorka RT Bash
    • Organiser -Whiskey Priest
      Day - Sat evening/Sun morning
      Max players - ???
      Current players - 6

RT Skirmish (Confrontation/Necromunda)
    • Organiser – Asslessman
      Day - Sunday
      Max Players - 5 (7?) inscriptions closed
      Current players - Asslessman, Whiskey Priest, Cheetor, Antipixi, Axiom, and possibly Legiocustodes and Warlord Paul

• Pirate RT Skirmish
    • Organiser – Whiskey Priest & Cheetor
      Day - Sat morning
      Max Players - personal [but other could join]
      Current players - Whiskey Priest & Cheetor

Giant Epic
    • Organiser – Thantsants
      Day - Sun
      Max Players - ???
      Current players - 8

The Engines of Avalone Siege game
    • Organiser – Thantsants
      Day - Sat
      Max Players - ???
      Current players - 8

• RoC Warbands (for anyone interested, could be either day)
    • Organiser – Orlygg
      Day - Could be either
      Max Players - anyone interested
      Current players - ???

• WHFB 'Get to the other side' - *Withdrawn as organiser unable to guarantee attendance*

Bring and Bash Epic (Stand alone games)
    • Organiser – Chico
      Day - Sat 1pm - 4pm
      Max Players - anyone interested
      Current players - ???

• The siege of Siege of Caraz-Lumba *Now merged with The Engines of Avalone Siege game*

THE BIG SUNDAY GAME - *Withdrawn as organiser unable to guarantee attendance*

• Old Bowl - *Withdrawn to allow more players to attend*

The rogue trader quickening (Immortals; one Sensei with 2 Lackies per player)
    • Organiser - Asslessman and Cheetor
      Day - Likely Sat (End of Day)
      Max Players - 8 (inscriptions closed, possibility to join on the day in case of empty seats)
      Current Players - Asslessman, Cheetor, Antipixi, Theottovonbismark, whiskey priest, Leromides, (Warlord Paul and/or Gaj) ?

Shadows of Rensburg (Narrative Game for Warbands or equivalent sized groups)
    • Organiser – Bane
      Day - ???
      Max Players - 4
      Current players - ???

Judge Dredd Game - Angel Gang Ambush
    • Organiser – Chico
      Day - Saturday 10am - 12noon
      Max Players - 6
      Current players - ???

*CANCELLED*The Call of Chulaine- a WFB3 multiplayer skirmish featuring (maybe) the most 3rd Ed of all cretaures... the Fimir*CANCELLED* and replaced with...

The Sunday Morning dungeon of chill... Light-hearted HQ game
    • Organiser – Fimm McCool
      Day -Sunday AM
      Max Players - ???
      Current players - ???

• Khorne vs Slaanesh large wrbands batle (open to other warbands to join)
    • Organiser – Skyrak and Orlygg
      Day - ???
      Max Players - ???
      Current players - ???

I have added the name of whoever appeared to be most 'in charge' of the events based on the info on the threads. If people post info here, I will try to update the list in this 1st post with relevant info on a regular basis. This would make it easy for people to find.

If I'm over stepping the mark, then I apologise.

Chris

Attachments

• Proposed Schedule - Round 2.jpg
    Proposed Schedule - Round 2.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 6,038

Just John

Re: BOYL 2014 Proposed event list

Great idea Chris but could I suggest that you put the days up as well so that we know whats going on when.

lenihan

My understanding of Golgfag's plans is that they will stretch over 2 days, with 2 narratively-linked events set in Lustria; on the Saturday a "get to the other side" scenario involving small forces, on the Sunday a large battle. I'm sure he can give further information.

antipixi

Just John":fnttr8is said:
Great idea Chris but could I suggest that you put the days up as well so that we know whats going on when.

I do intend to, but in my brief skim of the threads, it wasn't always clear. (I was hoping that people would post that here, so I didn't have to look! :grin: )

antipixi

lenihan":ozerz0hn said:
My understanding of Golgfag's plans is that they will stretch over 2 days, with 2 narratively-linked events set in Lustria; on the Saturday a "get to the other side" scenario involving small forces, on the Sunday a large battle. I'm sure he can give further information.
Added

Chico

I'm going to be doing a number of bring and bash stand alone Epic games on the Saturday for anyone interested.

Orlygg

Hi, I am happy to run another Realm of Chaos Warbands game again if there is interest. Its really simple to contribute to, as you just need a handful of mortal chaos warriors and such in your warband. This can be on any day really.

Leadpest

Brilliant idea antipixi! I have been trying to workout from the various posts the general bits and bobs going on over the weekend. As mentioned to Golfag at Salute this year I will be doing his 'Get to the other Side!' game with some wood elves and I am also interested in Chico's Epic 'bring and bash' with possibly a small slaanesh force of hell knights and hell striders.

antipixi

Orlygg":1xuzp9pm said:
Hi, I am happy to run another Realm of Chaos Warbands game again if there is interest. Its really simple to contribute to, as you just need a handful of mortal chaos warriors and such in your warband. This can be on any day really.

I know that myself and MisterRab would be up for playing.

Added

antipixi

Legiocustodes":1t8uv9nk said:
Giant Epic Game of doom is on Sunday morning
Added

(I assumed that this was the one Thansants is facilitating.)

antipixi

Leadpest":jhpgg68f said:
Brilliant idea antipixi! I have been trying to workout from the various posts the general bits and bobs going on over the weekend. As mentioned to Golfag at Salute this year I will be doing his 'Get to the other Side!' game with some wood elves and I am also interested in Chico's Epic 'bring and bash' with possibly a small slaanesh force of hell knights and hell striders.

Added

Any idea of day? or other details?

Golgfag1

Dear All,

Just to clarify the original intention was a large game of 2nd or 3rd edition Warhammer with Goblinlee's, mine & anybody else's Slann / Lizardmen armies taking on whatever anybody else wanted to drop on the other side of the table, because Asslessman wanted to see all our stuff lined up together taking on all comers; unfortunately Goblinlee's had to drop out. So, revised plan - Saturday I'm proposing a simple, short, scenario based upon - getting a thousand or so points (it doesn't really matter!) of whatever you want to use - to the other side of the table. Basic rules here, will give you an idea of what might happen:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1257

I'm expecting anybody taking part will complete a game in about one to two hours, they can play either once or over and over again because the dice will be controlling the game, marginally helped by me and anybody willing to have ago at trying to control the ensuring mayhem (it'll all really depend on the dice rolls!) which gives players plenty of time to go and play something else, browse the displays or whatever else they want to do. But generally the idea is to have a fun game. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Depending how well that goes, depends what will happen on Sunday - either more of the same or a large, gentle game for those suffering the affects of the night before - one way or another something will happen. :grin: :grin: :grin:
See you there
Paul / Golgfag1

Mister Rab

antipixi":twumjiyd said:
Orlygg":twumjiyd said:

I know that myself and MisterRab would be up for playing.

Yup, as long as it doesn't clash with the Siege (which is on Saturday, Chris)

Leadpest

Paul the rules for 'get to the other side' sound like a right hoot. I guess a treeman is a bad idea :) A more gentle traditional battle on Sunday sounds like a good plan too (hangovers permitting of course!).

Back