BOYL Ephemera and takeaways?

Mister Rab

Asslessman":4u7s3pxb said:
I want black dice with the logo too ! Really good Job Rab ! (and Happy Birthday btw !)

Thanks! It's been a good day so far, with perhaps a glass or four of something to follow once the little ankle-biters are in bed :lol:

Chico":4u7s3pxb said:
I'd like 5 of those dice please young man!

Jolly good! Once I get the ok on the artwork I'll start a separate sign-up thread so I can put an order in for everyone who wants them. It looks like we can get various colour combinations in one order without incurring extra expense. Details to follow!

axiom

Cool dice, brilliant laser cut tables. I'm in for both!

For reference, the RT artwork is by Martin McKenna and its fantastic. I happen to have the original upstairs :)

axiom

cheetor":3tbcq9go said:
I happen to have the original upstairs :)

Nice. You say things like that with envy inducing regularity axiom :grin:

I know - I do worry that it comes across as a bit like one of those kids who is always boasting about the toys their parents lavish on them! Hopefully not!

Mister Rab

axiom":tghrj051 said:
For reference, the RT artwork is by Martin McKenna and its fantastic. I happen to have the original upstairs :)

Of course, now you'll need to bring it to BOYL or we won't believe you ;)

cheetor

axiom":17lmtb6j said:
I know - I do worry that it comes across as a bit like one of those kids who is always boasting about the toys their parents lavish on them! Hopefully not!

Not to me. I would rather someone who enjoys images like that owns them and displays them than they sat in storage somewhere.

Any envy I may feel is my problem to deal with, not yours :)

I'm in for a pair of dice for sure.

axiom

Finally got myself sorted for my give away. Patches look too expensive, so I've elected to get some badges made; theory being I can get a nice amount done for relatively small outlay and I can liberally fling them at anyone who might have a passing interest.

I elected to get something nice sorted for the imagery and once again called on the artistic talents of Martin Handford. He's drawn me up a very nice piece of artwork for my badge...here's the result (might be tweaked before going to print):

BOYL2014BratBadge_zps3bad38bd.jpg

"I got spooked!" is a little bit of a dual reference:
1) one of the old Citadel badges has the slogan "I got hammered!"
2) Spook is the drug of choice for many Brat gangs

But then you already knew that... ;)

Asslessman

For Christ Sake, That is too good! I'll want my hair dyed now, and there I was wanting to wargame "Featherstone like" with a nice shirt and tie and well comber hair and now it's ruined.

I want to get spooked. The psychic enhencement that goes with it has to help get the best of the day.

cheetor

I have just put up a sign up thread for the laser cut miniature, minature wargames tables.

Please follow the instructions for sign up on the thread, even if you have already stated your interest here. Details on the thread.

I got the prototypes in the post recently. They are very cute. I plan to take some goofy photos "in-situ" over the weekend if possible. In the meantime, check out the landing pad and the cutest little castle that I have ever seen that have been added to some of the kits.

castle.jpg

axiom":c73fiyie said:
I've elected to get some badges made

An excellent choice, nice and eighties, Young Ones sort of style. Put me down for a badge please Axiom.

antipixi

I'm beginning to feel what I would describe as more than a little excited about this event!

Badges, Dice, Miniature Tables, Gaming, Drinking, New Friends (+ Old Friends), Drinking…..

OMG! Need to get my painting arse in gear and get through the next couple of months. :ugeek:

Chico

antipixi":1cfkjo63 said:
I'm beginning to feel what I would describe as more than a little excited about this event!

Badges, Dice, Miniature Tables, Gaming, Drinking, New Friends (+ Old Friends), Drinking…..

OMG! Need to get my painting arse in gear and get through the next couple of months. :ugeek:

You forgot Drinking, Spending too much money, Drinking, molestation, drinking

Back