BOYL The Engines of Avalone Siege game

Everything related to Bring Out Your Lead 2014, at Wargames Foundry in Nottingham

Moderator: Moderators

Post Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:27 pm

Re: BOYL The Engines of Avalone Siege game

zoggin-eck wrote:Beautiful work all of you! Too bad for me, I could never afford travelling across the world for something like this, but I can dream.

While I'm dreaming, next time, hire a professional photographer for the whole event and make up a "Fantasy Miniatures" style art/coffee table book :) As mentioned, the games look just as good as anything from the 3rd/Siege books.

Foundry's official photographer did take plenty of pictures with a fancy looking camera, reckon that's getting reasonably close to professional! Hopefully they'll let us look at them, I'm going to send off an e-mail thanking them for the organising and asking to have a look see at any dropbox or wherever they choose to store them.
My oldhammer blog: Where the sea pours out

Post Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:00 pm

So I was looking over my ebay recommendation and what do I find

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331286874768? ... 1423.l2649

Typical! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://golgfags.blogspot.co.uk/

Grand Buffoon of the Highest Order

Post Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:03 pm

Oh well, theres always the rematch next year :lol:

Golgfag1 wrote:So I was looking over my ebay recommendation and what do I find

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331286874768? ... 1423.l2649

Typical! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1

Post Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:11 pm

Hey that'd make a great forecastle for your ship in the naval game that's being planned! :lol:

I'm liking the sound of the Fantasy Miniatures style book - must get round to the Orcs Drift coffe table book some time...

Post Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:50 pm

lenihan wrote:Foundry's official photographer did take plenty of pictures with a fancy looking camera, reckon that's getting reasonably close to professional! Hopefully they'll let us look at them, I'm going to send off an e-mail thanking them for the organising and asking to have a look see at any dropbox or wherever they choose to store them.

Sweet mate, sounds great.

Thantsants wrote:I'm liking the sound of the Fantasy Miniatures style book - must get round to the Orcs Drift coffe table book some time...

Sounds good to me!

Sorry to drag it off topic a bit, folks, but I really have spent enough time looking at these photos, along with the Ansell collection photos from Realm of Chaos 80s and Eldritch Epistles, that it'd do my tired eyes good to see them on something other than a computer screen!

Post Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:41 pm

So I go down the club post BOYL 2014 and get well and truly drubbed playing 6th edition ancients and find myself wandering around the hall looking at what other people are playing and what do I find - a chap thinning out his collection so looking through the boxes what do I find a load of siege equipment, bloody typical two battering rams, ladders and various rock dropping stuff - the lot a fiver, so I gave him ten, life is good :D :D :D

Paul / Golgfag1

In Dreamfish we trust
In Dreamfish we trust

Post Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:17 am

They will come in another time.
Whilst the epicness of the game was great ... I really would like to play a slightly smaller siege game sometime and get into the nitty gritty of the siege rules. Maybe that is something we can do sometime?

Post Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:11 am

I was thinking bigger, perhaps on 4 tables representing each side of a square fortified city.

Post Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:47 pm

No problem with either of ideas listed above, just not in the immediate future eh? Things are currently moving steadily forward with Warhammer Ahoy at the moment in the Golgfag household and I wouldn't want to be distracted before I get the 'bloody' rigging done. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe i the new year?

Paul Golgfag1

Post Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:24 pm

Golgfag1 wrote:So I go down the club post BOYL 2014 and get well and truly drubbed playing 6th edition ancients and find myself wandering around the hall looking at what other people are playing and what do I find - a chap thinning out his collection so looking through the boxes what do I find a load of siege equipment, bloody typical two battering rams, ladders and various rock dropping stuff - the lot a fiver, so I gave him ten, life is good :D :D :D

Paul / Golgfag1

Well battering rams are like buses - you wait ages for one and all that :lol:

A more manageable siege game would be great at some point - would love to get in to the whole strategic time thing.

Got all my bits for Warhammer Ahoy so like Paul says it's full steam ahead on that one at the moment.
PreviousNext

Return to Bring Out Your Lead 2014