BOYL Epic game

Thantsants

Looks like we've got a fair bit of interest in this.

Players include
Me - Imperial Guard and Space Marines (might have a few Orks painted up by then that I can throw into the mix)
My mate Ollie - painted Tau and loads of Orks that need painting yet
Legio Custodes (plus 3 mates)- Space Marines and lots of Titans.
Chico - Orks
Curtis - Orks

Apologies if you've expressed interest somewhere else other than the Oldhammer weekend thread and I've missed you off - let me know if you're wanting to join us on this thread.

I'd prefer to play this on the Sunday, purely because I'm also hoping to play a large Warhammer Siege game on Saturday and I'd rather tackle those rules when I don't have a hangover! :mrgreen:

Again if you have any strong preferences or can't make Sunday let me know - I am flexible.

Other than that please use this thread to outline the size of your force and what kind of game you want to play.

Here's what I've got -

Imperial Guard

1 Artillery Company
Nearly 1 Rocket Companyv(Just need to track down a squadron of Whirlwinds)
1 Predator Company
1 Leviathan Regimental HQ
2 Stormblades
1 Baneblade
Sentinel detachment
3 Manifolds of Robots
Deathstrioke missile battery

To paint up yet:
One detachment each of Tactical, Assault and Support infantry
1 Commissar
1 Squadron of Bikes

Space Marines

1 Tactical Company

1 Land Raider Company

To paint
1 Battle Company
1 Devastator Detachment
1 Veteran Detachment
1 Terminator Detachment
2 squadrons of bikes
2 squadrons of Land Speeders
1 Warlord Titan
1 Medic
1 Chaplain
1 Librarian

Game ideas -
Between me and my mate Ollie we will have 3 Mega Gargants on the way and hopefully painted in time. These could form the central objective for the Imperial forces - 3 semi built (stationary but with all weapon systems operational) Mega Gargants that are to form the core of Waaaagh insert daft pun name here. This should give the Imperials a pretty tough objective to achieve total victory and the chance for the (at the moment, outnumbered!) Orks to also claim victory if any Mega Gargants are salvageable by the end of the game - the Waaaagh will live on!

We could always mix things up a bit and let the Orks roll each turn to see if the Mekboyz can actually get the Mega Gargants moving... :twisted:

Random forces like Tau (if Ollie wants to play them) could enter the fray on which ever side they feel would benefit them.

Chico

Well I'm well and truly neck deep in Orks atm. I plan to bring 1 of each Clan Card plus Support Cards and Gargants.

Not too much finished so far:

Evil Sun Clan Card
Bad Moon Dread Mob Support Card
Blood Axe Nobz from the Blood Axe Clan Card
Snakebite Squiggoths Support Card.

Also I don't mind playing either day or both as I'm only bring Epic so if someone wants a few games of Epic on the other day I'd be game

Thantsants

Excellent - if my pal Ollie can get his painted up in time then you can add a fair sized Deathskulls themed army to your Waagh. Not forgetting the 3 Mega Gargants!

I'll see if I can get any of mine done to help out but there's lots of other stuff in the queue.

Chico

Have no fear I will have alot painted by the time, I'm also working on some Terrain (SM Buildings) atm to bring up and hopefully I might be able to pick up some more on Ebay to add to the ones I have.

Thantsants

Great stuff - 6mm terrain is something I don't have much of apart from those lovely card buildings that came with the 2nd ed boxed set.

I'm in.... Obviously

Flexible on day... But I would like to try the rogue trader/confrontation game on Sat.

Currently my ORBAT is as follows:

2 Battle Coys
1 Tac Coy
1 Dev Coy
1 Vet Det
2 Terminator Dets
1 Scout Det
1 Thunderhawk
2 Predator Dets
1 Whirlwind Det
3 x Characters

6 x Titans (WIP)

I will update with my mates details as soon as I have them.

bug16

Wow! That's a great looking army! :) I can't believe you're only using one Leviathan though! :shock: I've had too many of mine taken out by Gargants to risk fielding just one!

Just as I start to paint my Leviathans, it's looking like I can't make the weekend full stop which is a shame because I really enjoyed OH13 (even if I was so tired I could hardly keep my eyes open) and a big SMv2 game would be the dogs danglies. :(

If by some sheer fluke I could make it on the Sunday I'd be bringing a 4k IG army consisting of:

Companies:

1x Artillery
1x Tactical
1x Heavy
1x Storm Hammer
1x Shadowsword

Support:

1x Ogryns
1x Sentinels
1x Rapiers
1x Rough Rider

Special:

1x Leviathan
1x Leviathan
1x Inquisitor

Other painted bits and pieces I could bring:

1x Assault Company
1x Baneblade Company
1x Bike Company (always good at nabbing objectives and with a CAF of 3 they're great in assaults! :grin: )
1x Leman Russ Company
1x Rocket Company (two is probably a bit of a piss take against Orks)
1x Vindicator Company
2x Deathstrike Support
2x Hellhound Support
2x Thudd Gun Support
2x Mole Mortar Support
2x Rapier Support
2x Tarantula Support
2x Robot Support
2x Sentinel Support
Etc..

Btw, what sort of Whirlwinds are you after? I've got 3 assembled but unpainted Mk1's available for sale or trade.

Selected photos of my army:

Rocket Company 1

rocket-company-1.jpg

Basilisk Support

basilisks.jpg

Tactical Company

ic2.jpg

Artillery Company

art41.jpg

Hydra

hydra1.jpg

Baneblade Company

baneblades1.jpg

Rapiers
rapiers1.jpg

Leman Russ Company

lemanruss1.jpg

Vindicators

vindicators1.jpg

Heavy Company

heavycompany3.jpg

Hellhound Support

hellhounds1.jpg

Thantsants

Fingers crossed that you can make it Bug - that's a fine Guard force you have there.

2 Rocket companies against Orcs does bring up images of fish in barrels and large bore shotguns! :lol:

You've got me worried about my lone Leviathan now - come to think of it, last time it was close assaulted by a load of Tau battle suits. Although it wiped most of them out it was inevitable that the last couple would find a chink in it's substantial armour.

Oh and 1 squadron of Mk1 Whirlwinds are precisely what I'm after :mrgreen:

Chico

Nice looking Guard armies, I am rather scared now though.... so many barrage weapons ain't got me happy. Time to build up my Kult of Speed so I can turn 1 charge you if I'm lucky with my Mek cards heh

Thantsants

Sounds like you might be joining us with some Orks then Curtis? Great stuff :grin:

A few more questions for you all.

Can you give me an idea of when you might want feeding on Sunday - brekkie, lunch and dinner so we can give Marcus an idea of numbers who want catering for.

Please check the list of players who have signed up in my first post on this thread and if you're not there let me know.

Also what sort of size table do you think we'll need? I'm beginning to think a bit more than 6x4ft?

I can ask if they have any 6mm scenery although I doubt they'll have any. My generic 28mm stuff doesn't look too bad and I have a few of the old SPace Marine card buildings.

Chico is putting some buildings together - anyone else got any scenery they could bring?

Any thoughts on the scenario - an Ork town and Gargant Works would be pretty cool if anyone has the time!

Between me and my mate Ollie we will have 3 Mega Gargants on the way and hopefully painted in time. These could form the central objective for the Imperial forces - 3 semi built (stationary but with all weapon systems operational) Mega Gargants that are to form the core of Waaaagh insert daft pun name here. This should give the Imperials a pretty tough objective to achieve total victory and the chance for the (at the moment, outnumbered!) Orks to also claim victory if any Mega Gargants are salvageable by the end of the game - the Waaaagh will live on!

We could always mix things up a bit and let the Orks roll each turn to see if the Mekboyz can actually get the Mega Gargants moving... :twisted:

Random forces like Tau (if Ollie wants to play them) could enter the fray on which ever side they feel would benefit them.

Thantsants

It's probably worth while posting up how many points our armies come too as well so we can tailor whatever scenario we decide on so everyone has an enjoyable game.

Pics to froth over might be nice too :mrgreen:

Chico

So it's 100% on the Sunday? (I'm easy on this) I'd like lunch on the day, as breekie we could have before getting and supper with a dozen pints after or those zooming off can skip it.

12x4 would be good, so 2 6x4 tables next to each other.

Army size, well I can bring any points limit as I'm currently building my force so will stop once I hit the set points.

Thantsants

Yep - no one has objected so far so I've made an executive decision so I can get the Siege game rolling too. :mrgreen:

So that's just lunch for you Chico?

As much as I'd enjoy dozens of pints I'll be driving back on Sunday. Saturday night is a different story though...

I haven't really got a set points value in mind - what do you reckon your lot will total roughly once you've painted all the stuff you want?

I'm more than happy with Sunday; I reckon lunch will be a definite; I'll probably grab a bacon buttie if there are any available for breakfast!

I will try and source some more buildings from some where....

Table size: 12 x 4 at a minimum; I would suggest 18 x 6 would be better; my mate and I use a 6 x 4 table normally and can't use our full collections on it as it gets pretty clogged. Also the bigger the table then the less likely Titan super weapons will dominate the game....

Chico

I'm a fat boy (and diabetic so need to eat oftern) so I wouldn't say no to breakfast and dinner as well, but lunch would be a must for me :)

As for points I can at the very least do a legal 3k and more if needed/wanted. I currently own 0 Gargants though which maybe a problem.

18x6 table is far too large in my mind as it'll lend more to Titans then troops as troops will just get lost with that much space and just end up not doing anything.

Thantsants

Thanks Chico - I was being a bit dense!

I've got about 5K of Imperial Guard, including a Beastman Company which should give your Goffs something to play with!

Probably about 3K of Space Marines.

I do have a Mega Gargant you can use Chico and Ollie has another 2. Curtis is bringing a load of Orks too.

Legio - think about those poor little Orkses and their little legs - they'll have to run everywhere on that big 18x6.

I'd be inclined to go 12x4 or maybe even 12x8. We could always get creative with deployment depending on whatever scenario we go for to mitigate distance or Titan weapons. Plus if we can get enough scenery on the board that should cut down line of sight for the big guys.

Chico

Yeah my poor little Orksies moving 10/20cm a turn on that big 18x6 would be a pain in the ass to say the least heh. Not to mention finding enough buildings/terrain to over it well enough.

I should have a Gargant or 2 by then but i keep being sniped on ebay, I will get my Big Mob if it kills me! heh

I like the Mega Gargant coming online idea though, having the Orks defending should be a laugh. Maybe on a roll of a 6 each turn for each Mega Gargant. It'll give the Imperials a advantage at first but when (if) they do come online it might turn the tide in a dramatic fashion.

Back